Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Fourth of July

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    C
    Cross

This thread takes place on the 4th of July. It starts at 9pm.

Hyde & Company. A newer bar in the Sacramento area, it played host to great bands, greater whiskeys, and a staff of people who really, really loved alcohol. So named for its older owner, Jason Hyde, and his wife Sarah, the rustic-looking bar was bumpin'. That was just how it was. It turned into a nightclub on Fridays and Saturdays, and was really starting to make a name for itself for having something awesome going on regularly.

Their 4th of July Stars and Stripes Party called to all sorts. Some people went classy as hell, all nice outfits and beautiful dresses in celebration of Independence Day. Others went the other way. Sleazy was easy. Sleazy was sexy.

Alistair went classy, choosing one of his nicely tailored navy blue Italian suits with an open collared dress shirt... but as he peered over his shoulder at something gorgeous in something tiny, he came to the distinct conclusion that he did not mind it one bit when sleazy was chosen.

"Jason!" he greeted the bartender gregariously, already having been here a couple of times and made himself known. "Let's start up a tab, shall we?" The British accent always drew looks, especially on the Fourth of July.

Good things always happened when Alistair Smith started up a tab.

Here's to America! Long may we get blotto in your honour!

Jennifer Hazelton

"An Englishman toasting to America. Good to see we've left ethnocentrism behind us." Nicole grins as she walks into the bar. She gestures to the bartender as she takes a seat. Nicole wore a red dress - it was low cut across her cleavage, but the arms were modest and it was longer than the average dress. She wears black flats that she's able to run in. Her blonde hair was curled, falling down her back.

"Sam Adams, please." She requests her favorite beer, setting her clutch on the bar top. The blonde looks the speaker over for a moment. That suit wasn't cheap, the detective knew. It fit quite well on him.

"Be honest. How many drunks have tried to have at you last year?" She asked Alistair with an impish smile.

Alistair Smith

C
    Cross

"Perhaps a few, but the count depends, really," the handsome Brit quipped with a winning smile, eyes flicking over red dress, cleavage, and curly blonde hair. "Are you drunk as of yet?" All playful and teasing, with a wink, as he looked to the bartender and motioned to himself and his new friend. Jason knew what to do. "Hi there. Alistair Smith."

He offered a handshake. Even it was jaunty. People moved about them, having fun and getting started.

Sam Adams times two appeared before them. His tab grew. The night was starting on a good foot.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene walked in. Unlike the other Hunters there, she had decided to go the sleazy route, with mussed up hair, a patched up sweatshirt and ripped jeans, along with sneakers. All in all, the outfit gave the appearance of not really having tried to assemble it at all, when, of course, the opposite was true. She stretched and adjusted the red and blue lens-less glasses she had on, a grin on her face.

She paused at the entrance, looking askew at Alistair. "Hey...don't I know you?"

R
    Rhapsody032590

Justin Samael Milton

Ester had been reluctant to come to the bar on the fourth, her friendship with Sam not withstanding, she wasn’t a particularly social person. Her new line of work didn’t help with that, just made her paranoid.
    Still Sam had insisted and ended up picking her up outside her new apartment. She was wearing a pair of black leather pants ( in case she had to go running tonight and need to slide on concert, pants were easier to replace then skin. ) A pale purple blouse, thigh high black boots and a thin black jacket completed the ensemble. It was really too warm for the jacket but she was using it to hide her shoulder holster and gun. She had a purse, with her cellphone and make-up and an extra-clip, you know the basics for any girl going out on the town. Her conceal and carry permit was in her purse as well.

Sam had arrived just on time, as he always had when they we’re dating in college. They arrived at Hyde & Co. early not to many people milling around inside that she could see. I can’t believe that I let Sam not only talk me into this but drive. I should have driven myself.
    Ester put on the best smile she could manage and made a beeline to the bar as soon as she was in the building, leaving Sam in her dust somewhere.

"Whisky sour, with Bushmills please." She handed the bartender her id and nodded when she got her drink.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Nicole Port." Nicole replies, shaking his hand firmly. Her time in the Academy had given her a direct, no nonsense manner. Nicole met his eyes with hers for a moment.

"No, not quite. I'm a bit of a lightweight, but not that much of one."

Nicole grins, accepting the drink. She takes a good drink, appreciating the taste. Nicole didn't drink very often. She'd had a spot of alcoholism run in her family tree and she was always wondering if it really was genetic.

Another woman approached Alastair and Nicole gave the stranger a polite nod.
    "Hello."

Helene Jameson Alistair Smith

C
    Cross

"Ah. Good. If you were already lit by nine, that would make the rest of the night very short, wouldn't it? A pleasure, Nicole." He raised the glass to her for a clink and sipped at his, eyes scanning briefly as someone familiar made her way over.

As it turns out, it was not usually Alistair's preference when multiple women who did not know each other came up to him at bars. It was never like what you saw in stoner movies.

One long glance at the second girl who'd just sorta moseyed on over and interrupted, and Alistair remembered. "...Smith and Wesson. Yes, Helene Jameson, I remember you," he said, flashing her a mirthful smile as he remembered her misadventure with the H&K. "Alistair, from Accurate Arms. You recall?" He turned to introduce his new friend, hoping the two got along. "Have you met Nicole Port?"

Customers. They were so easy to remember by the guns they purchased.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

She smiles and nods at Nicole. "I don't think so, no. I'd like to think I'd remember if I had, but you never know, some stuff slips your mind sometimes."

She turns and grins at Alistair. "It's certainly nice to know that you only remember me by the gun I wanted. It feels so good to be recognized as a human being with thoughts and emotions all my own." Her grin is playful, clearly humorous.

Jennifer Hazelton

"That's a nice choice. My first pistol was a Smith and Wesson." Nicole smiles at the fond memories of shooting at the range with her father.

"So I'm Nicole. What did your parents name you, Smith and Wesson?" Nicole grinned impishly at Helene.
    "It's nice to know that I'm with sane, gun admiring people tonight. Seems like I keep running into anti - gun, anti - free carry folks lately. You heard that chicken restaurant forbids them?" Nicole shook her head. "There's one a few blocks from here. Nice to know I have to stop myself from going there if I'm working."

Nicole casually glances at Alistair, checking for a wedding ring.

@Alistar Smith Helene Jameson

Jennifer Hazelton

"Nicole?" A brunette woman walks over to Nicole, sliding into the bar stool beside her. The brunette was wearing a cropped leather jacket, a slim fitting red blouse and jeans.

"Hey." She places an arm familiarly against Nicole, leaning in to speak more quietly. "I thought you had your group thing tonight."

Kristen extends a hand to Alistair first for a handshake.

"I'm Kristen." Kristen introduces herself coolly.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.