Ended
Watch
31 - 34
DISPLAYED
Fourth of July

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    J
    Justin

Sam grinned and raised his root beer to Alistair. It wasn't it real toast without spirits, but at the very least he could make a nice gesture.

Even though he couldn't get drunk with the rest of them, he was still having a good time. It's always slightly oppressive being the only sober one in a bar, but Ester's attention was something he could enjoy, even if they hadn't discussed any sort of permanent arrangement between them. Tonight seemed to be a night of simply enjoying what they had, and not worrying overly much about the future. That, in itself, was something worth celebrating.

"Happy Fourth, Al!" Sam shouted back over the din of the crowd that had built up as the night progressed.

Tal
    Tal

A flush crept into her cheeks when Alistair shot her the wink, and she just nodded. She might be drunk but she still didn't plan on getting anywhere close to a gun in her condition.
    When Alistair ordered the new round and called for a cheer, Tal cried, "Ay, gut yontiff! Happy Independence Day!" along with everyone else.

"Thanks," she added, "I could use a fresh drink." She steadied herself, letting go of Nicole and nodding to the other woman to show she was ok. She nodded a few more times, thinking over the other woman's words.

"Two jobs. Wow. I've only done one. But sure, if you have the time. I just do the school, stay in shape, and visit family. Not much to get in the way of hanging or shooting."
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

C
    Cross

"You are very welcome," Alistair said, flashing Tal a winning smile. As the drinks were poured and orders were made and Alistair's high-limit Visa was charged, the Brit raised his glass to Sam in salute before return'ing his attention to Nicole. Sam would get it, he was sure.

"So, Detective," he quipped playfully, winking at her as he kidded about. "Do you enjoy your work, then? Is it all watching for cheating husbands and insurance fraud, or do you get much excitement on the nine to five?"

Getting to know the others was important. Especially about the things they did for work. It was amazing the kinds of connections the right profession could give you.

Jennifer Hazelton

Nicole smiles and hefts up her beer with the rest, but does not shout. She is laughing as she glances to Alistair.
    "Thankfully, I get to choose my jobs. I can trust my intuition to steer away from people who are boring or if I suspect that I'll be sitting in the parking lot of a titty bar." She glances around. "Excuse my language." She amends with a blush.

"It's fairly exciting. I took on a lot more cases in the last two years. I'm thinking about cutting back, now. Give myself more free time. I haven't been to the range in three weeks."
    She winks. "I've probably lost my edge."

"Are you new to town, Alistair?"

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.