Ended
Watch
21 - 28
DISPLAYED
Revenge is Priceless 2

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    A
    Ampersand

"Alright, alright. Original plan. Works for me, Sam." He nodded briefly before slowly sauntering to the wall and leaning against it. "It sounds like you all know what you're doing, so I'm willing to see how things pan out. Failing to see why we're staking her house out, tits, if we're hitting her at Priceless. Our best bet is to scope it out and any nearby alleys."

Jennifer Hazelton

"Alright, alright. Original plan. Works for me, Sam." He nodded briefly before slowly sauntering to the wall and leaning against it. "It sounds like you all know what you're doing, so I'm willing to see how things pan out. Failing to see why we're staking her house out, tits, if we're hitting her at Priceless. Our best bet is to scope it out and any nearby alleys."
    "Did you just call her 'tits'?" Rob's voice was a low rumble as he looked over from his sentry at staring out of the window. He'd been watching the parking lot closely, perhaps a bit paranoid. You might have thought that he wasn't listening to your planning at all. Yet those chocolate brown eyes flick to Simon and hold him, staring balefully. Nearly hatefully.

"She volunteers to hang out and watch something that's killed two definitely, five possibly - and you show your appreciation for her team work in that way."

Rob smiles, his lips pulling back but there is no mirth there.

"Every one heard you say three seconds ago- '"Her house is the simplest target. '. " Rob looks to Sam. "I know you said no talking down. I whole heartedly agree that all of the bitching in the world doesn't make the vampire any more dead. Yet your cousin is behaving poorly."

For a second, it sounds almost as though you are being lectured by a man twice Rob's age. There's a confidence in his tone, an assured way in how he looks at Sam in his own home, discussing Sam's own cousin. As though he believes this as a truth, perhaps ingrained in him at a young age.

"We should split up." Rob agreed. "My car keys are still possibly at Priceless- I know that my car is, unless its been towed since its been there all night. I won't go against your decisions if you don't want me seen by her, but its' a loose end. It could be an excuse for me to walk in, ask the bartender if he has the keys and walk out - and if she's there, I'll walk right on by like I never even saw her."

Rob has flipped from angrily rebuking Simon to replying to Sam and Helene. The way he cuts his eyes from Simon, it could be taken as dismissive. The other Hunter's gaze flicks back to Simon, his eyes boring into Simon's if Simon will match the gaze. Rob looks angry. His eyes are narrowed, his fists are clenched at his sides.

Is this related to the death of his two friends? Rob's own wounds? Or is Simon on the receiving end for his behavior?

Simon King Justin Tal Freelance250 Helene Jameson Bean

A
    Ampersand

Simon stared his own daggers at Rob as he spoke, eyeing the other 'alleged' hunter. In one smooth motion, he gritted his teeth while reaching into his pocket to pull out a packet of cigarettes. "Rob, I can call you Rob, can't I?" The cigarette was removed from the packet and placed behind his momentarily. "Rob. We get it, you want revenge and you want it as soon as possible but revenge is a dish best served cold. Ever hear that expression? There's a reason for it. You're making this big push to fight this vampire as soon as possible and it's obvious why, you lost some friends to it. I get it, that sucks, we're sorry for your loss. But there seems to be this big push to fight her at her preferred haunt. There's a big push to put her down as soon as possible. After a recent attack, that seems like suicide."

He shook his head abruptly, putting the cigarette into his mouth before flicking the lighter open and lighting up. "Hitting Priceless again is a stupid, stupid idea. Regardless of how prepared we think we are. She'll be on edge as much as we are. She'll be paranoid. That one hanger on? It's likely six or seven now." He took a heavy drag from the cigarette and exhaled the smoke upwards to the ceiling. "I said the house is the simplest target, and I stand by that. We have the advantage because then we choose when to hit her. We can get so many things on our side in return with having to deal with one hanger on Renfield."

One more he exhaled a drag of the cigarette and once more he locked his gaze onto Rob. "Let me get this perfectly clear. To everyone. I'm not in favour of hitting her at the club. Doing the same plan again and again until it works isn't genius, it's insanity. I feel this is only an immediate threat because Rob here wants revenge. Hitting her there has its own drawbacks. I'm not saying hitting her home doesn't either but I prefer the odds of having the daylight advantage. Let me also make this clear, I'm not opposed to the club. If you all want to hit her at the club, then we hit her at the club. What I am sick of is talking about this. Less talk and more do. So club or house? Sam, I trust your judgement enough to have final say." He exhaled another drag and smirked widely at him. "If the club fails, I reserve told you so rights."

J
    Justin

Sam stared at Simon with his mouth hanging open.

"Did you just light up a cigarette in my house without bothering to ask first?" His fists tightened at his sides as he clenched his jaw. "Did you seriously just casually throw out a sexual slur at someone after I stuck my neck out asking them to trust you?" Sam screwed his eyes shut, trying not to even look at Simon. "And did you seriously just try to call out a senior Hunter who already did the legwork you keep saying we need to do?"

Sam worked to control his breathing. "Simon, Helene, my kitchen. Now." He pointed to the partially-secluded kitchen area and stared at Simon as he shepherded the two new recruits into it.

"First off, Simon," Sam growled as he snatched the cigarette out of Simon's mouth and put it out in his sink, "You will apologize to Helene. I stuck my neck out for you, and this is how you treat my cell? I won't tolerate this kind of behavior, especially not from someone I share lineage with, do you understand me?" Sam tried a deep breath again to calm his nerves. "Now, you will apologize and act like an adult instead of a sulky child, and I will go and lay out the plan. When you are done, both of you come join us. I could use your input, Helene."

With that, Sam left the two newcomers in the kitchen and rejoined the rest of the cell. "Alright, now that we have that dealt with, I think I've got a sound plan."

He crossed his arms before continuing. "Helene raised a good point on splitting up, but I don't want to go redo the legwork Rob and his guys already did. We know the best time to strike, and at least four of us already trained to drive her out of the club and into a battleground of our choosing." Sam turned to Rob. "We know what Vanessa looks like now. You're obviously banged up, and that's going to draw some attention. I recommend we have a team to watch her house, with at least you and Helene there. We need eyes on the second guy who never leaves, and if she gets away from us for some reason, we know where she's going to end up. With you guys there, we could have a secondary trap waiting."

Sam gestured to Michael, Tal, and Olivia. "We know how to run her out of the club. Olivia and I can go in to drive her out, and you two can be there waiting for her. Before we go in, we should scope out an alley where no one will see the fight, and make sure that the path is clear. If the others are up to it, we can try to teach them our Tactic as well to better contain Vanessa." Sam gave them a dark grin. "Then we light her up with fire and fury and see how she likes it. Teamwork is what will get us through this, and I'll be damned if this is falling apart just because we have extra hands on deck."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene's smile is maybe a touch closer to being a smirk as she accepts Sam's summons into the kitchen. She lets him get through his berating of Simon quietly, then watches him leave. She turns to Simon, grin mostly gone.

"For the record, I like you. You made some good points, and 'tits' is probably the nicest sexual slur anyone has ever called me. And I agree that the house in daylight -seems- like a better idea, but then we have to deal with witnesses and police and such. But it's still a good option, which is why I suggested watching it." Her grin returns. "That still doesn't absolve you from apologizing, though."

Jennifer Hazelton

"You can call me Rob." Rob smiles, almost gregarious. It would be gregarious if not for those eyes that had narrowed down to hard flint within the first ten words that Simon spoke.

His gaze swung from Simon to Sam heavily. As Sam berated Simon for his behavior, Rob smiles. He genuinely enjoys the talking to that Simon receives.

"I was starting to wonder about you." Rob admits to Sam. "Simon went from calling her 'toots' to 'tit's in about three minutes. There was no reason for that. Helene made good suggestions. I have no problem with you now, Sam."

Rob states, well aware that Simon and Helene could likely hear him in the next room.

"She's killed two to five people in the last five nights.Tonight marks the fifteenth night that I've been on this beast. Killing vampires is dangerous work. Sometimes, a bad wind blows. The wind blew and she caught our scent. My friends died. You get it. That sucks. You're sorry for my loss."

His gaze swings back towards wherever Simon is, clearly displeased by the man's statement.

Rob moves closer to the kitchen, looking at Helene steadily.
    "You have good ideas. You've certainly got some - " Rob pauses and rephrases, looking almost embarrassed by what almost came out of his mouth. "- you're brave. So if you want to go to the house, I'll go with you, Helene. "

He nods to Sam.
    "I am on board with all of that, Sam. Whenever you guys are ready, I'll be with you. "
    He looks to Simon and mentions.

"But if you are not ready, then please, take the time. I do not want to see you die."

Helene Jameson Simon King Samael Milton

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene nods at Rob. "And it'll be real nice to have you around to hide behind if the shit hits the fan. You should probably grab a third person before we leave. Oh, and we need to stop by my apartment too, so I can grab some supplies." She pauses for a moment. "Speaking of supplies, we should stop by this gun store not too far. Can never go wrong with a little extra firepower."

J
    Justin

Sam nodded toward Helene. "I'm not much of a gunslinger, but it wouldn't hurt to have everyone check it out." He shrugged. "Besides, I might pick it up someday. Living a life like this, you never know when it could come in handy."

"I hope that works for everyone. We'll gear up tonight, and then see where tomorrow takes us. I want to take on Vanessa as soon as we can, so that she doesn't hurt anyone anymore." He glanced over to Rob. "It might not be a bad idea to to train up a bit, though. How about I work with the new people and see who else can take to this Tactic, and then we see how we're feeling either tomorrow night or the next?"

Once everyone settles into their roles, we could really pull this off. We've got the numbers that Rob didn't have in round one. Sam could almost hear the bell for round two sound off in his head.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3