Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Revenge is Priceless 2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

As the group departs the hospital, Rob makes a statement to Olivia, Tal and Michael.
    QuoteQuote:
    "I'm eager to see what you guys are up to," Rob states to Tal, Michael and Olivia. "- and I'm glad to be out of that place. Thanks for the ride."
    The group arrives at Sam's uneventfully. The place is as Sam had stated; clearly he has not had enough time to unpack his new home. Rob strides in once Sam has unlocked the apartment. He searches for a window that overlooks the parking lot, taking a minute to look over the parking lot. He is silent for a good long minute, studying the parking lot below. His face is grave - it was once attractive, yet the bandage under the left ear and the dark circles under his eye belie the natural health he might once have enjoyed. A thick bandage is wrapped around his right wrist, all signs of his run in with whatever it is that you mean to hunt.

"My name is Rob Minor." Rob introduces.
    He turns away from the window and scans the room.
    "Now you seem to have been put onto me by Jay, right?"

He checks the faces around the room for confirmation.

"Jay sustained a broken arm in the same fight that I was in. Although 'fight' might not be the right term." Rob grimaced.
    "My cell and I were trying to track her back to her lair when she made us."

Rob looked to Helene. "Not sure if the others told you, but two of my friends died that night." He states grimly.
    "Let me be very clear- Vanessa is not for the faint of heart."

He looks to Tal and Michael.
    "Now you two wanted me to spill everything at that room. I'll tell you something and see how you react. I don't want to be taken to the asylum if you're not on the up and up." Rob states slowly.

"Vanessa is a vampire. She has killed two of my friends. She injured Jay and myself. She has demonstrated above human strength and speed."

Rob pauses, searching Tal's expression.

Tal Justin Olivia Mayer Freelance250 Helene Jameson

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene nods at Rob, assuming that Jay is another Hunter, a friend of the cell's, since she has absolutely no clue otherwise. She accepts what he says with a grin on her face.

"Oh, they haven't told me anything at all yet. I'm completely clueless right now."

J
    Justin

Sam's phone buzzed in his pocket, and he checked the screen before turning to the others. "We can lay everything out on the table here, but we've got one more Hunter joining us. I'll go grab him from the complex lobby, and then bring him up to speed at the same time as Helene."

As he walked toward the door, he waved a hand toward the kitchen. "Help yourselves to whatever food or drinks you want. I won't be gone long, but it might not be a bad idea to give Rob an idea of what you've experienced so far."

With that, Sam left the apartment, carefully locking the door behind him just in case.

OOC

F
    Freelance250

Michael remained quiet on the ride, he knew it wouldn't be long before they were tracking this Vampire and on hunts he was always quiet, his usual friendly manner long gone. They were getting ready to kill, he felt that stillness, it is the time in which you defeat the insurmountable fear inside yourself before you step out of your door knowing you will be shedding blood or be dead by the day's end. He felt that feeling several times during the war and he felt it during the hunts.

He followed them into Sam's apartment and quietly listened to Rob's speech, after he was finished he broke his silence.

"I doubt you know of us but I am with the Mallues Maleficarum, my Order's sole mission is to destroy vampires. Vampires are faster and stronger then a human. Standing toe to toe with one is a last resort." Michael pulls back his coat to reveal the crossbow hanging from a strap around his shoulder. "Shoot them in the heart with a crossbow bolt or stake them and they fall into a paralyzed state until it is removed... then you cut off the head to finish it." He said calmly, "Or if your feeling particularly brave, coat it in gasoline and light it's undead ass on fire." He added, he normally never swore but tonight, he was not a man of god, he was a soldier fighting a war and there was no place for politeness. He let go of his coat, the crossbow hidden behind it.

"Our question right now is how are we going to go about taking her down.. she will recognize Rob and then she will go on alert and we will likely lose our chance. We can't storm the place, we will only call attention to ourselves. Our best bet is to trap it.. but for that we need bait and we need to be able to guide it into the trap reliably." He said sternly.

Jennifer Hazelton

Rob blinks at Helene's statement. After a moment of adjustment, he states flatly.
    "Fantastic."

He rubs the back of his neck for a moment, looking from Helene to Sam.

"Okay, man." Rob nodded casually as Samael made his exit.
    "Oh, yeah, that'd be great."

The brunnette hunter nodded.
    "Id like to hear your experience."

As Michael speaks, Rob becomes very focused on Michael. He meets Michael's gaze and nods at some points of Michael's speech. Rob is actively listening to Michael.

"Very good." Rob states, relaxing somewhat. He scans the room for a couch and finding none, rubs his injured hand thoughtfully.

"She's very vigiliant." Rob stated.
    "We had one person watch her inside and one person on each door to Priceless. There is a front door and the back door to the Club. She gave the person inside the slip. I was alerted to her absence in the parking lot. She actually walked right by me.

I stepped out and dropped my car keys, an excuse to bend over in her way and distract her. When I straightened, she looked completely normal. She's a pretty brunnette. Her brown hair is cut at shoulder length. Brown eyes. She was wearing drop earrings - amythests, I think."

Rob blinked.

"Then she looked at me. It made me just sick. "

Rob rubbed the back of his neck.

"My buddy grabbed her arm from behind. She ripped his arm ... it was just," Rob swallowed.
    "- like a Tarotino movie. Blood went everywhere. In my eyes. I pulled out my zip gun and she was on me..."

He shook his head.

"I woke up on a stretcher. Spoke to the blonde, Chrissy. I have two puncture marks."
    He tapped his ear and his hand.

"Yet I was sure that she was Vanessa."

He opens his cell phone - a new model Iphone. He opens up a photo and holds out a photograph of a pretty brunnette in her twenties.

"This photo is ten years old." Rob explained. "I looked it up online. The lady doesn't look thirty, does she? We've been watching her at the club for the last two weeks. She comes in about twice a week. She leaves with a new guy, sometimes. The guy never comes back."

Freelance250 Tal Helene Jameson

Tal
    Tal

"Jay told us that last part. It's why we're here," Tal said from where she'd been sitting. It was the first thing she'd said since they entered the apartment. Her face hadn't betrayed much more than impatience. She was still trying to cope with the rag-tag pace of the hunt.

"And don't worry, we believe what you're saying. Olivia and I helped Chrissy talk down the thing killing hikers last week, if you're wanting to vet us. Michael and Sam we haven't hunted with yet, but we've trained together. Her,"
    Tal continued, looking to Helene, "I don't know about, but I trust Sam's judgement."

"If you're curious about what I can do, I was a soldier in Israel. I taught knife fighting in the IDF and I trained to be a marksman in the Magav. I understand that what we're going to do is much different from what I trained for but I'm sure I have a few useful skills to offer."
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene grabs a soda from the fridge and drops into a seat, cracking it open and sipping.

"First," She sticks up her index finger, "I'm not going to be the bait. I'm just heading that off before people start getting nominated. Second," She holds up a second finger, "Skill-wise, I can shoot a gun, but I'm not a sharpshooter or anything. I can probably jury-rig us some equipment and get us a feed into security systems and such pretty easily though. As long as someone gets me a computer. And duct tape." She grins at Tal. "And not trusting me's probably a good idea. Who knows what NEFARIOUS plans I have?! I mean, I definitely look like I could overpower and seriously hurt you!" She lets out a laugh with a manic edge to match her grin.

Tal
    Tal

The look Tal directs at Helene is flat and disapproving. "I didn't say I'm suspicious of you. I said I don't know you, but that I will trust my cell mate who has vouched for you and invited you here. And who knows. The vampire doesn't look like a killer but we all know what she really is."
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Jennifer Hazelton

"Chrissy...?" Rob wondered at the other hunter contact and became interested in Tal's statement. "You helped Chrissy talk down something? That's somethin.' " He stated with an impressed raise of his eyebrows.

Rob gave a sheepish grin.
    "What am I supposed to call you all?"
    He gave Olivia a glance.

"Olivia?" He hazarded a guess. "You'd fit right in at Priceless."

He looked around the room, pursing his lips.
    "Uh... guys." Rob continued. "I know where Vanessa lives. But we were hoping to catch her in transit because sometimes she has these ... 'friends' over."

Tal Olivia Mayer Helene Jameson Priest

A
    Ampersand

The disheveled form of Simon stepped into the apartment only briefly before Sam reentered close behind. Simon lurked on the periphery of the group, taking no actions to draw attention to himself nor particularly seeming like he wanted any attention. Instead he remained away from the group, leaning against a wall with a notepad and pen in hand. The notepad, much like him, was worn, tattered and had most likely seen better days.

His paranoid glances watched each and everyone of the so called 'Hunters' in this group. Silently waiting, judging. The lingering gaze waited on each one in turn before he turned his attention away once more. When they spoke however, he'd be ready to give them his full and undivided attention. Someone will have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last