Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
Revenge is Priceless 1

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

"Eight o' clock." The man frowns. "Thanks, my watch was broken. I can't find my car keys... They say that I can go; but public transportation isn't too attractive right now."

He studies Olivia and Sam for a moment.

"You already knew my name. You're here to bring the bitch to justice, eh?"
    His lips curled into a twisted smirk.

"Tell me that you're not putting me on. You two are going to handle this? Three of my boys tried to handle this. You know how many of them are breathing right now?"

The smile has staled, the lips pulling back into more of a grimace. Pain and grief flicker in his eyes; before he bits his lip and his eyes become more cold, distant. You wonder what he's thinking of that makes his face become intense and angry. The death of a friend? His own attack? Rob studies you in silence.

"Drive me to the club. Priceless." Rob declares. "Tell me your plan of attack. If it seems like you have a snowballs chance in Hell; I'll help you out. Otherwise; you should drop me at the club and keep rolling. This bitch isn't something to cut your teeth on. She's a professional. She's smart. She's ruthless. You sure that you know what you're doing?"

He looks to Olivia and Sam, setting his mouth in a grim line.

"What's her kill count at right now?" He asks, a challenge in his voice.
    Justin Priest Olivia Mayer

J
    Justin

"She's killed two that we know of, in your fight. The thing's a vampire, though; we have no way of knowing how long she's been active. Her kill count could be through the roof." Sam crossed his arms as he narrowed his eyes. "Don't think for a minute that we're not serious about this. There are more than just the two of us." His scowl softened a bit. "Though I'm pretty sure she's got enough fight in her for all of us."

Sam took a deep breath before continuing. "Are you sure you're well enough to go with us? We're going more for a fact-finding mission tonight, and we're only looking to engage if she forces our hand. What we need more of is a solid description of her. Our guy wasn't very specific, and there is no such thing as too much information."

B
    Bean

What Rob said about his 'three boys' that aren't breathing now unsettled Olivia. For the first time she began wondering about her own odds against this vampire. What if she also ended up 'not breathing'?

"Yeah guy, you don't look like you need to get anymore involved in this than you already have been. From what I've heard you're lucky to be alive right now. We just need to be as much as possible about what we're dealing with here."

Olivia still wasn't sure they should be using the word 'vampire' around here in case somebody heard and decided to check them all into the psych ward or something so she is being deliberately vague.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Helene raises the paperwork as if to start working on it again, then remembers just how boring it is. She puts it back down and looks past Tal at the now-closed door, counting the people.

"Visiting your friend? What happened to him?"

Jennifer Hazelton

"You haven't found out much about Vanessa." Rob shook his head. "But I like your plan. You're more cautious than I was and..." Rob's voice trailed off. His eyes had a faraway cast to them.

"You drive me over to parking lot. I have to see it. Hell, my car keys might be there. On the way, I'll tell you what I know... after all, who are you looking for?"

He glanced between the two.
    "There could be fifty women there tonight. I've seen her face to face."

J
    Justin

Sam nodded in agreement and held out his hand. He made sure it was the hand that Rob wouldn't have to hurt himself to shake.

"I can live with that. Besides, we need your description of her." Sam smirked. "We'd have a hell of a time dealing with her to begin with if it comes down to it; I don't want to miss her or, worse, bump into her by accident."

H looked around at the hospital room. "Are you okay to be checked out? We should roll out sooner rather than later, but I don't want to rush you if you're not up to it."

F
    Freelance250

Michael stepped into the room, he had a grim cold look.

"You walk in there and if she sees you, this operation is done." Michael looked into Rob's eyes. "Don't fuck around here... this thing will kill us in heartbeats if it suspects we are onto it." He said angrily, "It must have a place it takes people.. a haven of some kind. Which way was it taking you when it attacked?" He asked, a no bullshit tone in his voice. He may be a man of god but he does not want to loose anyone to this animal.

J
    Justin

Sam looked at the priest skeptically. "He survived it's previous attack. I doubt that he's taking this very lightly, Michael."

He may have earned his collar, but apparently a winning personality wasn't a requirement...

"Besides, they fought in the parking lot. I doubt he got a good look at its home from there. We'll be doing the legwork here; he's the one who laid the foundation and can point us toward her."

Jennifer Hazelton

"You know what she looks like, then?" Rob looks Michael in the eye.

"Besides, how is the operation blown if I walk in there? I've been to that bar three times this week. My car keys are there. Maybe they were turned into the bartender. You know many people who can throw away a car? "

Rob shook his head.
    "I think it would be suspicious if I don't at least ask after them."

He shook his head at Michael's questions.

"Seriously?" He looked past Michael to Sam.
    "Are you serious? " He looked back to Michael.
    "You think the lady was carrying three of us to a haven through a parking lot while the club was in full swing?"

Rob shook his head.

"Her primary - and best - offense is her speed. You know that boy Jay stepped in and got waylaid while she was running by him. She never stopped moving. If she had, we'd likely all be dead. Which tells me that a full on battle to the death in the parking lot wasn't on her mind. She was moving somewhere. So she has a haven. Now you guys don't want me hunting with you when I've been hunting this bitch for two weeks and clearly have more information than you do?"

Rob shook his head.
    "Maybe we part ways here and I wish you the best of luck. I thought your plan of getting intelligence was smart. Not utilizing my previous intelligence on her... or asking me much about it at all... is making me wonder. Jay told you I was a hunter, too, right?"

Tal
    Tal

"Yeah. He got hurt in a fight at that club, Priceless. We're just trying to talk him out of doing something stupid. In retaliation." She left out the part about their plan to do the retaliating. Though, from the sound of it, that might change. She really missed the days when there were briefings. If she had her way, she'd storm into the room and demand that Rob shut his incompetent ass up and start talking about what he knew. Was there some 'play 20 questions before you start talking" ritual that they hadn't been told about?

"Excuse me, for one second," she said to the woman, before ducking her head inside the doorway.

"Rob. Excuse me. Why don't you start volunteering some information. Tell us what you think we should know. We can plan, together, once we're all on the same type of page."
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last