Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Revenge is Priceless 1

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Jennifer Hazelton

There is nothing more seductive and unlikely than Hollywood's vampire. From Interview with the Vampire that suggests powers over your mind to the haunting Nosferatu; they all whisper at something that changes you. Two people perished in a dirty parking lot of Nocturne and the word of a reputable Union hunter is that it was a vampire. Are you ready to hunt a vampire, a seductress who can steal into your mind? Perhaps that is only Hollywood Babel. You are about to find out.

Jay had brought up this hunt two nights ago. Michael had some one on one time with Jay gathering information - and some tools for hunting vampires. In the two nights since, perhaps you also gathered something more substantial for a vampire hunt after the turn that the party took last night. Now some of the cell had recovered from their first hunt together. Some of the hunters had dropped back, needing more time to adjust their personal lives before committing. The cell now consists of Olivia, Tal, Michael and Sam.

The time is 6:30, the meeting based on the fact that Google says the sun sets at 7:37 tonight. The club patrons will most likely start getting fun/interesting around 10-11 pm with the club closing around 2 am. If one of these patrons is the vampire that Rob and Jay allege, this club will most certainly be interesting. Perhaps far more than the small cell can handle.

Does the cell want to discuss tactics? Or should they slip down to the club and get a feel for the hunting ground. Any questions about the hunt could likely be assuaged by calling the victim, Rob, and asking for more details. What do you do?

Bean Cayce Freelance250 Justin

OOC

F
    Freelance250

Michael stood over his gear stretched out on a table, his crossbow with it's bolts tucked into a belt with special loops just to hold the bolts. He picked up the powerful crossbow pistol and checked the sights. The eighty pound draw string was more then enough to punch a hole in the chest of a normal man, but a Vampire was far different. He loosened the string and collapsed the bow before tucking it into a messenger bag.

"It'll do.." He thought as he strung the bag over his shoulder, he drew the kukri style machete from it's black sheath and ran the edge over his fingernail. The blade bit into the nail and Michael smirked, he had spent the last two hours honing the blade with a whetstone. He sheathed the knife and tucked it behind his back and covered it with his shirt. Michael then picked up the spare knife Jay had given him and a stake, he put his right foot up on the table and slid them into the boot before tucking his jeans over it to conceal their presence.

Michael grabbed clasped the clerical collar around his neck and walked across the small apartment he had rented to where a wrought iron crucifix was mounted to the wall. He knelt before it, on the small altar at the base of the wall mounted cross was his worn bible and a rosary, he wrapped the rosary around his wrist and lowered his head to pray.

"Saint Michael The Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil." He said calmly, he made the cross and stood, "Amen." He added as he lit a candle at the base of the cross that rested center of the altar. He turned from his altar and walked out onto the balcony of his apartment where a rope was tied to the support beam, Michael climbed up on the railing, grabbed the rope and slid down into the alley behind his building and slipped away, heading for the meeting point of the Cell.

Tal
    Tal

I'm hijacking the meeting point. It is now Tal's apartment.

The door to Tal's apartment was unlocked. The cell knew it would be. They were about to hunt a vampire together; Tal trusted them enough to let themselves in while she readied herself for the hunt. Most of her equipment was sitting near the door: her M98, packed in it's soft rifle case with a box of bullets; a gallon can of gas, Jay's acetylene torch; a flair gun. Her knife was riding across her lower back, under her blouse. It was the same blouse from the party, though tonight she wore jeans and black tennis shoes. Her hair was tied into a bun that sat at the base of her skull. She figured she looked decently semi-casual.

When Michael entered her place he found Tal sitting on her couch, drinking a glass of OJ and reading a theology text book. She didn't look particularly relaxed; more like she was trying to distract herself. But, seeing Michael come in, she stood up, setting the book and glass down.

"Shalom, Michael. Can I get you something to drink?"
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

J
    Justin

"I hope I'm not too under-dressed," Sam joked as he appeared at the door. He was dressed in all black, forgoing his usual blazer and tie to wear a more casual black button-down, which was partially unbottoned. He finished what he must have figured was a more "club-friendly" disguise with black slacks and his most comfortable Italian leather shoes. His shirt was untucked, which helped conceal the knife he had hidden along his waistband.

We'll see how well tonight goes, he mused. Sam had limited experience working with other Hunters, and he was ashamed to admit to himself that he was still rather untested in the field.

F
    Freelance250

Michael nodded to Tal as she offered him a drink. "A soda would be nice."

He turned when Sam came in and offered his hand to him. He looked good enough to fit in inside the club unlike himself, he stood out but he did not figure on going to the club just quite yet. He turned to Tal, "So, how should we do this?" He asked, not entirely sure of how they should proceed.

J
    Justin

Sam shook Michael's hand with a smile on his face. "I figured we would wait for Olivia, and then see what everyone would be most comfortable with." He grinned slightly. "It hardly takes four people to sit in a car and watch an entrance. I am personally okay with the idea of scouting around inside."

The academic crossed his arms. "What do you think, Tal? Two people inside, two people outside?"

While Sam wasn't too experienced with hunting vampires, he did have some experience with tracking people down. The best thing is to get to know their surroundings, and figure out how to just become part of the crowd. It's pretty easy with party-goers--everyone is there to have a good time.

B
    Bean

"Well aren't you a gentleman." Olivia says from the hall outside of the door as she makes her way inside. She was wearing a pair of dark, snug, ripped jeans, a pair of white tennis shoes, and a slashed-up pink shirt which exposes a black tanktop underneath. "What do you guys think?" She does a rapid turn as she walks into the apartment and shuts the door behind her. She is carrying a large, weighty black purse with her.

"Oh by the way I didn't bring much other than my gun but I have some extra room in my purse here if you boys need anything to be carried like, discreetly and stuff." She looks into the almost empty purse which just contains her wallet, phone, handgun, pepper spray and a second wallet containing a fake ID just in case. Olivia seems to be in high spirits today, talking very rapidly and constantly in motion.

"Oh! This is a nice apartment Tal, did you decorate it yourself? It's nice I really like it. How are you Sam? And you um... Father?"

J
    Justin

Sam found himself grinning at Olivia's manic enthusiasm. It was a marked difference from the troubled young woman he had met days ago.

"I'm fine, Olivia, thanks." Sam quirked an eyebrow at the group. "Actually before we head out, there's something I'd like to discuss. What will we do if this thing shows up?" He shrugged uncomfortably. "If any of us are caught alone, this thing will eat us for breakfast. If we're going with two teams, we'll have to stay in contact and we'll need a backup plan in case it does show up before we expect it."

Sam furrowed his brow for a moment, and reached into his waistband. He drew the knife he had hidden and offered it handle-first, still in its sheathe, to Olivia. "You might as well hold onto this for me, too. I'm rubbish at hiding stuff like that."

Turning back to everyone else, he continued, "Anyways, what about one of those Tactics that they mentioned earlier? If it comes down to it, I'm pretty sure I could drive it toward you guys, out of the club if need be."

Tal
    Tal

"Thanks, Olivia. I had one of my cousins help me, actually," Tal replied, walking back from the kitchen with a soda for everyone. The apartment was rather minimalistic, with lots of earth tones and a few pieces of art on the walls. One of them being a framed child's painting.

"Well, I think our first job should be getting intel on this thing. Not that we shouldn't be ready in case we need to step in and help an innocent, but I think preparation will be our greatest strength. Two teams of two should work, as long as we stay in good contact with each other. But before we start making other plans, I have do have one question. Do we have a way to ID this vampire? Anyone feel they've gotten a good enough description of it?"
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

F
    Freelance250

Michael turned as Olivia came in, he smiled. "Just call me Michael if you prefer." He replied before facing Tal and taking the soda she offered, he popped the can and listened. Sam had a good idea but if they were going to corral the Vampire if indeed it was a Vampire and not a Ghoul they would need to know more. Michael took a deep drink of the soda and reached down into his boot and removed the stake from it and offered it to Sam.

"Here, just in case." He said before rubbing his chin. "Corralling may be our best tactic, we should employ it for this hunt but Vampires are deadly, one can easily kill one or two humans but the four of us attacking it while it being cornered is more then enough to take it down. Trouble is what we find at the club may not be a Vampire at all, it could very easily just be a Ghoul and if it is a Ghoul we will have to follow it to where the Vampire is." He said as he began to pace, "Sam and Olivia look like they would fit in most in the club, they should go in. Scout the place out while Tal and I wait outside. Look for our target and if you spot it call one of us, we will watch the door and see if they slip out we will tail them on foot, see if we can't herd them into a secluded place." Michael spoke with a unsure tone. "Or we could wait, see if we can identify our target, tail it and try to gather some information. Where it's sanctuary is, if it is a ghoul or a vampire and if it is how many of them are there or how many Ghouls are there." Michael finished his soda and set the can down on a nearby surface to continue, "In the end it is your choice as to our method... do you want to take the direct approach or the cautious one?" He added before looking to the others, he knew he had the most experience with Vampires here but he also knew it wasn't his decision to make.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last