Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Nicole's Party

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    J
    Justin

Sam smirked at the remarks about Olivia and the advice for her miniature vampire problem. When he had checked on her at the Hall, her response could only be described as...colorful. She certainly wears her rage on her sleeve, he commented to himself. She was definitely fierce; she could be a potent ally as long as her ideas on social interaction were respected.

He nodded to Michael as a greeting. Sam still wasn't sure what to make of the man. He had an air of faith, but beneath it lay a bedrock of violent capability. It was different than the kind of potential for violence that Tal carried with her--a little more raw, though no less capable.

Sam decided to get to know his new neighbors a little more and stepped closer to his hosts. "Kristen, I hear that you're a bit of a transplant from another group." Sam smiled hopefully. "Are you also here to instruct us new kids?"

Jennifer Hazelton

"Instruct?" Kristen laughed for a second. "I never really thought about myself as an instructor, but I'm always glad to talk about what I've seen. One of the favorite things I like to look out for are people who prey on communities, like this one. I thought I saw graffiti today that suggests someone is trying to move in here.

I work security at a pharmaceutical company. What do you guys do for a living?"

She looks to her sister.
    "Nicole? Start us off."
    Justin Cayce Bean

Jennifer Hazelton

"I work as a private investigator. Set my own hours. Things always seem to be odd here, so its job security..."
    Nicole glances at Kristen for a minute before looking around the room.
    "Chrissy, we know that you have your own practice up the street. "

She looks over to Tal, Olivia, Michael and Sam.
    "You're a priest?" Nicole took in Michael's garb. "You probably have a good education on some of the things we've seen, right?" Freelance250

F
    Freelance250

Michael smiled and nodded to Sam in return, he knew nothing about the man but he made a mental note to speak with him before the night was out. He was a mystery to him, a mystery that he was interested in solving. When Nicole spoke he turned his attention to her, a warm smile peeking at the edges of his mouth. He looked down at his clothing suddenly feeling too formal, his hand drifted to his chin as he realized he had forgotten to shave before coming to the party.

"My fair share yes." He replied with a sly smile. He looked around the room, noticing the food nearby and reached for the soda bottle. His hand touched the wine bottle next to it, a flash of his past sprung to mind but he pushed it aside and picked up the soda bottle, unscrewed the cap and poured himself a cup of the cola before turning back to Nicole. "Why, is there anything you would like to know?" He continued before sipping the carbonated liquid.

Jennifer Hazelton

"We're here to connect with each other," Nicole glanced around the room. "- so yes, there is something that I want to know. " She stated to Michael directly.
    "Are you currently working at a church? Do you have any experience with witches?" Her blue eyes widen somewhat, she leans forward. Her body language is open, accepting.

"I've had a bad experience with a witch. It left me very ... confused. My cell sort of fell apart by it, the corruption she was capable of. "

Nicole glances towards Tal and Sam before looking back to Michael.
    "Do you want to know something about me?"

Freelance250

F
    Freelance250

Michael smiled and took a drink. He shook his head.

"Not currently no, I have never faced a 'witch' but I have faced a Vampire that used similar abilities." He replied, his mind flashing back to his first hunt with his Order in Rome, a Vampire woman had been dominating local men, he and his unit were dispatched to 'cleanse' the mansion they had been using. It was a bloody affair, seventeen ghouls dead, three Vampires and several Agents fell in the firefight.

His smiled buckled under the dark memory, he pushed it aside. "Very much so, a shepard must know his flock as well as he knows his bible." He said with a light chuckle, the joke lifted his spirits some, which in and of itself was a blessing he had not felt truly in sometime. The Vatican was always so lifeless, nothing like San Diego where even a man of the cloth could find some joy. The Vatican however had no pubs or places one could relax and enjoy themselves.

Tal
    Tal

Tal followed Jay's example and grabbed a dish of food and a soda while listening to the conversation. Then, sensing a pause she walked back over to the group and found a seat.

"I'm going to university right now. I was very good about saving money when I was in the IDF and the Magav so I have a decent egg for the moment. If all goes well, in the next three years I'll get a job working with forensic ballistics. If all doesn't go well," Tal just shrugged. "I'll figure it out then." She scooped a bite of food into mouth and started chewing, unconcerned about the future. She had her plans laid out and was moving toward success. There was no point worrying about what else the future held. Death waited with each rise and fall of the sun.

She swallowed the food. "I'm sorry if I interrupted. What were you saying, Nicole?"
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Jennifer Hazelton

"Used similar abilities?" Kristen repeated Michael's words, glancing to her sister for a moment. Confusion was on her face. "That doesn't really help me as I've never seen a ghost, but... O.K... maybe we can talk about it later?" Kristen asked, glancing from ace to face.

"Sam, you said 'new kids'," Kristen looked back to Sam. "- so I take it that you guys are pretty new. Did you have any questions? There's like, six years of experience here." She nods to Chrissy and Jay. "And I've seen some pretty cool things."

Chrissy narrows her eyes slightly.
    "I'm curious as to what your definition of 'cool' is." Chrissy stated flatly.

"Things that I thought were impossible. " Kristen replied, glancing towards Chrissy. "And this impossible is in the context of witches and vampires, so its pretty fantastic." She took in Chrissy's skeptical expression and went on.

"O.K., one of the most exciting hunt was a vampire. He was fast, he was strong - but his minions were just so damned annoying by themselves. So I figured out that if I grabbed them- pinned an arm, or something- that my friends could set him up and knock him down. They don't work very well without a vampire barking orders. They seem to hate each other. There's something awesome about their dedication, though."
    Kristen shook her head.

"Some of them are really fantastic. A man that runs as fast as a car? It's terrifying to think of; but stopping them is pretty amazing."

Kristen looked to Michael and Tal.
    "So, what's your favorite trick? I like to grab the one that runs for us first, give my cell time to set up and take in the situation." Kristen paused. "Although my cells in Raconok county, so..."

Tal
    Tal

"Whatever works," Tal said, taking another bite. It was a silly question.
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

F
    Freelance250

Michael took another drink of his soda and thought, he has seen numerous tactics utilized in Vampire hunting but the one that provided the most effective method was Harpooning. He smiled and shrugged.

"You take a crossbow, rig the bolt with high tensile cable that runs back outside to a winch on a truck. Shoot the Vampire with it then drag it outside into the sun to burn." Michael smiled, "Easy and effective. All you need is a guy on the winch, a guy with the crossbow and two or three people with spears to stake the Vampire down while it immolates." He replied before refilling his cup with soda.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last