Ended
Watch
31 - 35
DISPLAYED
Nicole's Party

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    F
    Freelance250

Michael smiled and chuckled. "That took some stones.. but yeah, it's that kind of research that helps us learn more about them. Someday we could learn how they tick, their social structure and weaknesses." Michael took another drink of his soda and walked over to the food table and began to add some of the variety to a paper plate.

Tal
    Tal

"I might have some resources I could use to help build a safehouse but I'll have to check. Why don't we talk about that in a day or so?" Tal suggested.

"Anyone have any hobbies,"
    she asked next, bluntly trying to change the subject. She'd been hoping for an evening to relax and get to know her cell and her neighbors better and the talk of how best to kill monsters or setting up safehouses was starting to grate on her nerves. Not long ago they'd went out and killed some monster on the side of a mountain. In a night or two they were going to start stalking what looked like a vampire. It was impossible to escape the Vigil but Tal needed a break from dwelling on it. It wasn't like they were in the field, living and breathing one mission, one purpose. At the end of the week she had a paper due. A cousin of hers was having a birthday and her food budget this month was growing tighter than usual. Flicking from the mindset of the civilian to that of the hunter wasn't something she found easy to do, not when she had to do it this often.
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

J
    Justin

Sam nodded as he picked up on Talya's unease. Sometimes he took it for granted that he had been researching this stuff for most of his life.

"I'm afraid I'm a bit of a nerd. Reading occupies a good deal of my time, though I do like to hit the treadmill on occasion." He smiled sheepishly. "I'm always listening to music on my phone when I'm reading or running, but I'm afraid my choice of music is an acquired taste."

"Oh! That reminds me," he said as he pulled out his phone. "Phone numbers, in case we need to get a hold of each other." Sam ran his fingers through his hair awkwardly. "I, ah, don't know anyone else out here, honestly. I could use the social interaction."

B
    Bean

Olivia looked at her leg again when both Tal and Chrissy had suggested the cream for it and then rubbed it a bit again. She mutters "Yeah I'll do that..." while conversation continues without her.

She sits back a bit and listens, at first she had wanted to tell them her "career" but was then thankful that the conversation moved elsewhere before she got a chance. They were talking about things that Olivia had no idea about and it frustrated her a bit. Why aren't they explaining any of this shit? Am I really the only fucking new kid on the block here? Eventually she just stood up and went to make that taco salad she promised herself and a little plastic cup full of Sprite.

When Sam suggested a safehouse, she nodded with food in her mouth. She was going to comment but Tal seemed to really want to change the subject. But as she thought of it, she decided maybe they should know a bit of what she does in her free time. Maybe she can sell her services to them.

"Oh yeah numbers are a good call. Mine's 619-XXX-XXXX. Just text me your name and I'll get you down." She pulls out her phone anyway and sits it on her lap. "My hobby. Hmm. Well my hobby is more or less where I get my money so it's also kinda my job. I'm kind of an artsy person I guess that helps people... get a new life." There I think that was appropriately vague. She takes a big bite of one of her chips.

Jennifer Hazelton

The night grows late and the conversation starts to wane. Soon, people make their good byes and the evening ends pleasantly.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4