Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Nicole's Party

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The party is to begin at 8 P.M. As you walk up to the Arbor, you follow a string of dark green balloons up to the second floor. They end at a corner apartment, one of the three bed room rooms. The door opens to the space between the dining room and the living room. You can see a kitchen past the dining room and a hall that leads to the bedroom. The dining room has a buffet table set with a large Cobb salad, Mexican authentic tortilla chips and rolled chicken tacos. A platter of Spanish rice, a stack of warm tortillas and a platter of Carne Asada stand ready for a DIY Mexican feast. Disposable flatware and plates are at hand with Diet Pepsi, Dr Pepper and Sprite cooling in a cooler.

The living room has a hodgepodge set - a very nice leather recliner faces an average T.V. A leather console storage container rests beside the armchair, the latest copy or Wired and Time upon them. A fine desk with a mid range laptop is nestled in the corner of the living room. A couch with beige upholstery and a matching arm chair look moderately comfortable, but not quite matched with the recliner. You get the feeling this is a blending of two separate living sets. A handful of molded folding chairs line the room, providing ample seating.

I fuss around the buffet table, placing a bowl of guacamole. Nervous? I wonder.

From ST to you:
    A brunette that you don't recognize slices carrots into bite sized spears and assembles a vegetable tray in the kitchen. She has the same blue eyes as Nicole. This woman stands at 5'8''. Her brown hair is curly and falls to her shoulders in waves. This woman wears black Dickies pants and a red form fitting tank top.

"Yeah, I got caught up with work. Its no excuse, I know." I roll my eyes. I don't want to sound defensive, so I go with the obvious truth.

"I sort of lost my group. I didn't want to do this on my own."

My eyes flicked to Jay's cast.
    "What happened there?"
    "I poked my head into a room. On my own." Jay smirked. "Turns out, it was something hella strong. So maybe not poking around on your own served you well."

"And I'm here, now..." The brunette set the vegetable tray on the table.
    "Kristen." She states. Her tone is matter of face, direct. She doesn't match Chrissy's smile, but nods at her.

"This is a hunter - only gig..." I state to the early arrivals. "No civvies. I want to hear everything that you've been up to and don't you dare censure yourselves."

Nicole picks up a remote and soft rock begins to play through out the apartment.
    "Dig in, " I suggest, pointing to the buffet table in the kitchen.
    "- then lets get to know each other. I don't want to come off as a desperate for a hunt chick, OK?" I smile. "I can take it if you don't want to discuss whats been going on."

"Did you get the thing that did that?" Kristen asks, pointing to Jay's cast. She grabs a paper plate and loads up on carrots and chips, drifting to sit on the couch in the living room.

"Uh, no." Jay grabs a plate and starts making a Carne Asada. He turns and looks around the room, searching if one of the hunters involved is here.

Nicole Port is a blonde woman who stands at 5'7'. Her blonde hair is pulled into a high ponytail. Dangling metal earrings flash in the light. Her make up is minimal- eyeliner, coral pink lipstick and a smudge of gray eye-shadow. She wears a shimmering gray shirt and a pair of black athletic pants.

Cayce Bean DownsideUp Record Freelance250 JustinTack

Tal
    Tal

Tal came to the party dressed in black slacks and a teal blouse, her hair loose rather than in her habitual pony-tail. She was looking forward to a chance to relax and talk, and enjoy good food. The terrors of the night could stay outside, where they belonged, for once and she could bond with her new cell. Training was important to help hone tactics and ability but knowing the people guarding your back was essential for honing teamwork. Unlike her time in the military, the pressures of civilian life were now always present on her, and her cell, and it would pay off to learn more about the little things that weighed on her hunting partners.

After being invited into the apartment, Tal introduced herself, greeted those she knew, and gave Nicole a bottle of wine as a present.
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

J
    Justin

Sam came to the door shortly after Tal. This coming up late behind others is becoming depressingly common, he mused to himself. Hearing others mingling inside, he let himself in.

"Well, this was an easy trip." Sam nonchalantly hiked his thumb to the adjacent apartment. "It looks like we're neighbors."

In the time between the meeting at the Union Hall and his arrival, Sam had changed into a less formal outfit, ditching his vest and trading his white shirt for a blue button-down in an attempt to look less stuffy to what he mentally referred to as his cellmates.

Tal
    Tal

"I'm glad of that. I'm not a fan of long walks," Tal said with a smile, tapping her right thigh. "Speaking of neighbors, how are you settling in? Do you need any help moving or do you have everything put away? When I first came here I had to buy everything new so I got to use the store's movers. It definitely made it easier. Well, not on bank account," she said with a weak smile.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Hey, thanks." I grin as I accept the bottle of wine from Tal. "I appreciate this. Let me set this up..."

I carry the wine to the kitchen and set it on the counter. Stretching on my tiptoes, I fetch down some glasses and line them up on the counter.
    Peeking into the living room, I see Tal and another hunter speaking to one another. I set up the wine to chill and return to the conversation, snatching a chip on the way.

"So did I overhear that we're neighbors?" I grin at the new guy. "Great place, right? Have you seen the pool yet?"
    I glance to Tal.
    "We should have a pool party sometime when it warms up again. It's only supposed to be 69 degrees tomorrow. I hate the cold."
    I finish a chip before glancing at Tal with interest.

"Where did you move here from?"

Link to weather for appropriate weather chit chat
    http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Santee+CA+92071

J
    Justin

"Yes, neighbors. In fact, we share a wall here. I'm Sam, by the way; I don't believe I met you with the others at the Hall." Sam grinned at Nicole. "I am more than willing to wait for the heat, however. The last thing I need is another hellish blaze like we had last year downtown."

Sam let the party atmosphere wash over him as he got to know the others. It had been a while since he had let his hair down, so to speak, and he had almost forgotten what it was like. He had certainly known his fair share of dinner parties growing up, but his years at university were not the typical college experience. Obsessive, more like. It's not healthy for someone to gaze into that particular abyss for too long at a time. Maybe that is why the cell is getting to know each other over soft rock and chips? he mused.

B
    Bean

Olivia finished her cigarette that she had been smoking in the window of her small apartment and flung the butt down the three stories to the ground. She took a breath as she checked her clothes. She was wearing a pair of snug black jeans with frilled knees, a plain pair of tennis shoes and a Ramones T-shirt. She grabbed her cell phone and the two-liter of Coke, purposely leaving her purse and was quietly leaving her apartment (until she slammed the door shut before locking it).

She went outside to go over to the building beside her's, enjoying the warm day (well warm to her). She carried the bottle of Coke, still cold from her refrigerator, up the stairs to Nicole's apartment.

When she got there she knocked loudly with the knuckle of her index finger. When the door opens she lets herself in. "Oh nice place. I brought some Coke, by the way." She speaks loudly as usual. After handing the two-liter off to someone she starts looking around at the food laid out. She decides to have a taco-salad of some sort when she gets settled in. "How are you guys holdin up? Oh hey Tal, did the bugs bite you all to hell too because the little fuckers somehow managed to get all over me the other day."

She sits down on the closest chair and peels her pant leg up revealing her thin, pale calf with several red bumps on it. "Come look, see what I mean?" Tal was the only person there that she knew other than Chrissy so she was pretty much solely speaking to them.

She scratches her leg a bit before putting her pant leg back down and finally looking at the others there. It seems like she just realized they were there. "Oh um hey I'm Olivia by the way. If you didn't know."

F
    Freelance250

Michael stepped out of the cab, he wore a recently ironed black shirt with dress slacks and buffed black leather shoes. His clerical collar cleaned and shone brightly around his neck. Tucked in the nook of his arm was a bottle of Jameson whiskey he had no plans to drink despite deep down he wanted to. He came up to the door after Olivia had entered and strode inside with a warm smile on his face.

He looked around, recognizing the many faces from earlier and picked out the hostess. He walked over to her and offered her the ten year old bottle of Irish whiskey.

"Hello, thank you for inviting me. Here.." He said softly, a small smile on his lips. He was not accustomed to being at parties, most people didn't invite priests.

Tal
    Tal

"Tel Aviv," Tal answered Nicole. "I've been settled in for about a year now but it doesn't feel that long. I'm definitely not used to the weather, yet. It's warmer where I'm from."

She smiled in welcome when Olivia made her loud entrance. "Good," she replied to the blonde. "And no, the bugs didn't bother me much." Tal peered down at the exposed calf, eyebrows raising in surprise. "Yes, the little winged vampires were fond of you. You should get a cream for those, maybe."

Jennifer Hazelton

"Tel Aviv," Jay smiles.
    "- that sounds beautiful. Yes, the images I've seen of Israel always seem to have such a bright sun."

Jay turned and smiled as Michael stepped in.
    "Michael, hello. It's good to see you."

Jay stepped back to the kitchen, making a carne asada. He stepped back with a mouthful of food, waiting for a break in conversation as he ate.

"Olivia,"
    Chrissy steps closer to Olivia.
    "- that looks terrible. Definitely take Tal's advice and get some cream for that."

"So how was every one's day?"
    "Just getting used to not going on the hunt." Jay's face soured. "So I organized the Hall. It was great." He said with his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Why not?" Kristen crunched a carrot.
    "Well, my hand.."
    "So? You can still do recon, right? I mean, no hand to hand..."

Chrissy's expression darkens as she looks to Kristen. "We also practiced." Chrissy stated. "How about you girls?"

"Just getting the lay of the land." Kristen replied. "Place looks overrun with nasties, lots of job security, right." She smirks.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last