Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(C Tears) Applying the Pesticide

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    P
    Peter Baldwin

"You are welcome," Sir Baldwin replied mildly with a nod. He followed her to the vehicle, sliding into her passenger seat as the Priscus explained what was going on. He listened carefully to the instructions, his body still and his lips silent. The news of Mr. Galloway's retreat was most unfortunate to hear, indeed. A Lord's capabilities would have been useful. He was not entirely certain as of yet who Carlos was, but given the context, he certainly seemed important.

Once she was done, he was silent for a moment. It was contemplative, as he considered his strategy and replied.

"Madame Notary, I believe I can be of assistance to you. You were right to call the Line tonight. As it turns out, my Orchestra includes a number of important individuals within the underworld sector. We may be able to use them to acquire more information about this Carlos fellow and the people who are associated with him, among other things." He did not need to explain the other uses of underworld figures. They were rough men, capable of great violence. With the right pull, much was possible.

"I have no difficulties being frightening if you have no difficulties keeping an eye on people. But I suspect we may be able to learn a great deal about this man such that we could approach him from an advantage. I do have a few questions for you. What is the drug he is involved with, and what is his role in the trade? Does he have any men with him? What is he doing here in particular? Do we know his last name, and do you have a photograph of him?"

A photograph could go a very long way to getting intelligence on this man.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"I have no difficulties keeping an eye on people. I enjoy observing people."

Jennifer states, looking out of the window. She wondered if Carlos P. would wander off during this conversation and decided that it didn't matter. This conversation was important. Carlos didn't live in on an island, the people that he worked with knew him. Someone signed a pay stub and mailed it to an address. That address was what was running through her mind, sorting through his mail and secretly watching all of his machismo b.s. at parties. She bet he hosted many parties, obscene and class -less, fueled by drugs and alcohol to try and dull the pain of existence. Kine had no idea how much worse it could get.

" I would like to observe the club more intensively before I speak with absolute confidence, but Carlos P. is the source of the drug. He has a waitress and bartender working on distribution. The manager was paid enough tips tonight and as far as I know, we got nothing for it. Lets reach out to your Orchestra at a later date.

Regarding your questions, bear with me. I am not well versed in drugs, but its a 'desomorphine' and it's yet-to-be-verified derivative 'krokodil'. We are to avoid unwanted media attention. We were told that there has been a rise in attempted heroin trafficking at The Asylum, and some rumors have pointed here."
    Jennifer nods out of the window at the club.
    " I have allies in digital networking and no small skill in tracking online, but I need more information. Essentially, this is a fact finding trip. The original plan was for Mr. Galloway to mesmerize Carlos P. into revealing details of his drug trafficking ring so that we could pick it apart. That may still be an option once Mr. Galloway calms himself, but I feel like accomplishing something tonight. "

Jennifer glances to the Knight.

"I may be a bit irritated by the deviation in the plan."
    Jennifer did not often confide in Kindred that she barely knew. She wondered at it for a moment, brooding in silence.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

3. Likes Jaqen liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Peter considered her words, nodding once to her conclusion that they should reach out to his Orchestra later. She knew enough information to carry out their operation this evening and gain valuable intelligence. That was ultimately the purpose of his suggestion, so he was happy to move forward with her plan. He considered as she answered his questions what he might know about any dealers named Carlos P. and about the drug 'krokodil'. Sir Baldwin was no longer a street-level thug, but he did pay attention to the word on the streets.

Her expression of irritation meant two things to him: first, that Mr. Galloway had displeased her to some extent, and that Sir Baldwin deviating further from her plan would cause more irritation. He saw nothing to gain by changing from her reasonably capable plan.

He glanced back to her when she glanced to him, his features neutral. "Mr. Galloway's loss of himself to the Fear over a little cigarette is an irritating change in circumstances," he agreed. One wishing to join the Unconquered ought to be control themselves in the face of a little fire. "Thank you for answering my questions. It certainly seems speaking with someone and acquiring contact information for the fellow would be a prudent course. How would you like to proceed, Madam Notary?"

C
    Cross

Sorry! I meant to put these in the post
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-13 10:26:04 Peter Baldwin rolls 4 to Int+Streetwise - Krokodil? (10 Again) 2, 7, 6, 10, 9 2 successes
    2014-05-13 10:25:45 Peter Baldwin rolls 4 to Int+Streetwise - do I know anything about a dealer named 'Carlos P?' (10 Again) 2, 4, 4, 7 failure

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"I would like to return to the valet area and see if Carlos is still there. You mentioned that your contacts could find Carlos if the need arises, so we can skip my idea of intimidating one of his associates for his personal information. Perhaps I could lure Carlos away from the club and you can be waiting at a designated area. Have you seen any areas around here where we could remain undetected for some questioning?"

Jennifer turns in her car, looking out through her window for such an area. A dead end alley would be nice, but she wasn't afraid of a condemned building. Jennifer looks around for any lone walkers or homeless in the area.

To West - Jen's looking for homeless that may be witnesses & for a quiet place. Jen could spend next turn scouting for one if you wish. West Peter Baldwin
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin thought about his recollection of the area, but couldn't come up with any ideas of anywhere he'd seen about that would a good spot to question this guy. "I have not seen anywhere that strikes me as a good spot to question the man just yet. If you wish, I could take a drive about and see if anything strikes me while you get into position."

fail to Streetwise and recall a spot to question him
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-13 15:15:45 Peter Baldwin rolls 4 to Int+Streetwise - a quiet place to question a fella? (10 Again) 1, 4, 2, 6 failure

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"That sounds like a good idea, Sir Baldwin." Jennifer replied. "I will resume my watch of Carlos. If he attempts to leave the premises, I will follow him. Locating his home will allow us to gather more information about him." Jeniifer slips on her messenger bag and makes preparations to leave the vehicle. She takes a minute or so to do this, allowing Sir Baldwin time to reply.

P
    Peter Baldwin

"Then it seems we have our plan. I will send you a text message with the location once I have found the location." He paused for a moment. "If things should go awry, please do not hesitate to call. I shall respond most promptly."

QuoteQuote:
    West, what rolls would you like for Sir Baldwin to find a good, quiet spot for them to do a little - possibly rough - questioning without being interfered with or witnessed?
    West

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

As the night wears on, Jennifer watches as the manager puts up a temporary sign on his podium that the valet service is doing a final run. Checking her watch, it's 1:00 a.m. -- they must close before the club does.

Each of the attendants, including Carlos, begin bringing around the remaining cars...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

P
    Peter Baldwin

During the passage of time, Sir Baldwin diligently found them a quiet place to bring their new friend for a bit of gentle persuasion. It was good, a nice dark parking lot behind a warehouse backing onto an open lot. It was industrial. It was quiet. Most importantly, it did not have a great deal of traffic or surveillance around.

He sent Madame Hazelton a text message: I have found a suitable location behind [ADDRESS]. Would you like me to come pick you two up, or shall I await your arrival?

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread