Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Dark Doings

J
    Jak

Apparently, the members of the Lancea have been gone from the Church too long. It might need some autumn cleaning when they get back.

What DD's been doing here with BC and now Frost is really cool. I especially like the image of the decaying body on the altar, with its possessions lying there. Very sinister.

At the same time she finds a light switch, Madison finds something less pleasant with her foot. She steps on a piece of wood with a nail sticking up out of it, and when she jerks her foot back reflexively, the wood comes with, the nail having been driven nearly a half-inch through her footwear and into her foot.

With the light on, she immediately notices things are a huge mess here. The pews have been torn apart, literally shattered, the icons and religious symbols much the same. What looks like a blanket hangs against the back wall of the chancel, where previously a large crucifix hung. Madison sees the crucifix shattered on the floor near the altar. She can tell something is on the altar, but can't tell what it is by its shape, and it is covered by a sheet or blanket.

Madison takes 2 bashing from the foot injury - painful but not life-threatening - and will be at -3 to Spd and to relevant Athletics or Brawl skill rolls until it is healed.
    Having stepped on a nail myself while barefoot this made me shudder more than a little. The going in may be painful, but it's when it comes out that you get a really unpleasant feeling.

This is a wicked scene to read, and like a lot of what occurs on TwiVal, its reading what's occuring in threads where you have no dealings that makes it extra special.

I read this thread right before going to bed last night, and kept dreaming about stepping on a huge ass nail. And then my dream self wondered where I'd read that, and I had to mentally review every book I've read for the last month. I kept stepping on the nail until I remembered it was here in TV!

It was a long night.

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.