Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Meet & Greet at Union Hall

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

"This isn't a planned thing...I just suggested that they come meet Michael. " Chrissy explained to Jay.
    "You know what happens to hunters who run off by themselves."
    She gives his injured hand a pointed look. Jay averts his gaze, his face flushing red. Embarrassment? Anger?

"Then where's she going?" Jay pointed at Olivia's departing back.

"You heard her."
    Chrissy replied to Jay. Chrissy leaned back in her chair and checked her watch.
    "We keeping you?"

"Dammit, Jay," Chrissy snapped, leaning forward in her chair. "- I am really tired of-"
    "Hey guys," Jose peeked his head in the door. At the sight of him, Jay groans aloud.
    "Olivia, hang on." Jose requests. He indicates the room.
    "Come on in for a minute. I wanted to hear what you have to say."

Jay shoots Michael a look.

"This is that guy I told you about."
    "All good things, right? So this is the debrief?" Jose looks around. "Where is every one?"

"Apparently not here." Chrissy's voice was taunt with irritation.
    "Angelo sort of checked out in the middle of it, anyway."
    "Did he?" Jay's voice was laced with sarcasm. "Sounds like you could have used another hand, then."

"Someone with two hands, probably." Jose's voice had lost that soft naivety. His voice was harder as he looked over to Jay.
    "Now I know all of us have endless time to lay about here and whine, but for me, time is money. A lot of money. So I heard you mention Tactics, Chrissy. " Jose looked over to Tal.

"Tal, you have military experience, right? You'll know all about tactics." Jose looked at Michael's tattoo and then at his Bible.
    "You... were you in?" He asked Michael.

"Military experience is helpful," Jay broke in. "- for knowing roles in the tactic. But not required. None of us ever served."

Jay had been staring at Jose ever since Jose's barb was flung his way. The box of gear was abandoned as Jay looked upset with Jose's change of attitude.

"This isn't our cell," Chrissy broke in. "- Jose, you're pushing the idea of them learning tactics. I'm not saying its a bad idea," She put up her hands defensively as Jose whirled on her. "- but its not our cell. It's not our call."

"But it's her call." Jose nods to Tal.
    Jose turns and looks at Olivia.

"Olivia grabbed me when I could have hurt myself. She saw the whole picture. I think that's important."

"This is a decision for the whole cell to make together, learning requires a lot of patience and solidarity-"

"The rest of them didn't bother to show up." Jose broke in. "- Eli was the one barking orders at people, right?" He looked to Tal. "Orders that you countered."

"They fought in the field?" Jay frowns, looking over at Chrissy.
    "We're arguing right now." Chrissy didn't answer him directly. "It doesn't mean that they aren't going to be a kick ass cell. This was the first hunt together."

"What was the problem, Tal?" Jay looked over at Tal, curiosity etched in his face.
    Tal Bean DownsideUp Freelance250

B
    Bean

Olivia looks down at the pack of cigarettes that she had already pulled out halfway through the door. There was a moment longer than a second when she thought about flipping Jose off and going to smoke anyway but instead she just sighed and turned back into the hall. "Fine. I can wait ten minutes I guess." She could easily wait longer than that since she smoked one before she came inside but she didn't want to seem like she could be persuaded so easily.

The back-and-forth between Chrissy and Jay was at least amusing. But she was starting to get confused and she didn't like feeling confused. "What do y'all mean by cell by the way? Like is that what we're calling this group of wonder-friends that we made to go kill Rocky over on the trail?" Her voice was impatient as if to say 'And why haven't you already told me in the first place?'

Jennifer Hazelton

"It is," Jose broke in. "- because a cell is more than a group of friends. You may hang with a group of friends. But these people will save your life."

"Why are you explaining it?" Jay snaps. "What do you know about risking your life? About being responsible-"
    "He didn't f*** up today." Chrissy replied calmly. Reasonably. Chrissy took a deep breath in and released it before continuing.
    "If you're going to keep being disruptive, Jay, you can go."

Jay looked stunned at these words. His mouth worked for a moment. The man gave Chrissy a conflicted look, but she avoided his gaze. Jay shot daggers at Jose with his narrowed eyes.
    Jose moved closer to Olivia.
    "Olivia. You had an idea something was weird about 'Rocky'. People who go after things like that professionally are cells. The reason cells stay alive is because they work together and learn how to take down monsters with tactics."

F
    Freelance250

Michael remained quiet, he sensed the disruption between Jay and Jose. He turned to door and dug in his shirt pocket, removing a crumpled pack of cigarettes.

"Let me know when you two are done measuring dicks..." He said to Jay and Jose before opening the door. He tone was calm but cold, like a father scolding a pair of out of line boys. He steps outdoors and leans against the building just passed the doorframe. He did not much care to be apart of the argument, he figured taking time to smoke would let them get it off their chests.

Father O'Reilly watched as people walked by on the sidewalk, a tall tanned woman wearing cutoff jean shorts and a very revealing shirt with a small dog tucked under her arm as she chatted away with an unknown party on a cellphone. His mind drifted back to Olivia, Michael was not an ugly man but he had taken his vows of celibacy. He wasn't twenty one anymore but he was still of dating age. He pushed the thoughts out of his mind and instead turned them to the article he had read earlier that day. 'This is no ordinary Vampire' He thought as he stared at the asphalt road a few paces away. He could not shake the feeling that this was something different.

Tal
    Tal

"Yes. I was in the military back in Israel," Tal replied with a nod to Jose. When Jay asked what the argument had been about she shrugged.

"Eli wanted to stay back and fight by himself, or distract by himself, if another rock beast attacked. I said that was a bad idea and that we should work as a team. I gave a few suggestions about how to attack it. He didn't say much after that. If you'll excuse me for a moment, I should apologize to the priest."

She opened the door and walked out a few steps so she could speak to Michael. "I wanted to say, I appreciate you being honest about your Order. I won't judge you based on its past, and I apologize for my behavior earlier. You should step back inside. From what I've seen so far argument is not a strange thing for people like us. There's no rank so anyone can speak if someone does something stupid. Slows things down but hopefully it'll help us be safer, eh?"
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Jennifer Hazelton

Jose looks at Olivia for a moment as though expecting a reply. When none is forthcoming, he steps back towards the table where Jay's organization project is underway.

"That guys a priest?" Jose jokes, venturing a look in Jay's direction.
    Jay shrugs, avoiding Jose's gaze for a minute. "Yeah," Jay replies, his voice gruff. "- quoted scripture last time we met."

Jay returns to his box, picking up an acetylene torch. He places it on the table and returns to the box, pulling out a large meat cleaver.
    "You ever learn that eviscerate tactic?" Chrissy wondered.
    "No," Jay replies. "- but the Pine Valley cell swore by it. Maybe if we see a vampire again..."
    He looks to Chrissy, who smiles slightly. The tension between Chrissy and Jay has begun to dissipate. Jose takes a seat beside Chrissy, picking up the container marked 'Chrissy'. He picks through the typical female self defense items - pepper spray, a personal defense sound emitter... Jose has stepped out of leading the conversation and Jay seems to have relaxed.

"Dr. Ross isn't going to go up there. I explained it was an abnormality." Chrissy says to Olivia. "So we don't have to trudge back up there. Personally, I hated it."
    "Oh, you missed Nicole," Jay glanced up. "- she said her sister is coming back to town. Nicole's throwing a party tomorrow night to celebrate. She said to bring your new friends by. She feels terrible for dropping out for so long."
    "Nicole's a hunter?" Jose asked.
    Jay shrugged. "She was, but she's not one of us."
    "I think Nicole was into some other group," Chrissy replied. "- she was pretty close mouthed about it." She looks to Olivia quickly.
    "Nicole's nice, don't get me wrong. But she's not very upfront with what she does."

"I think it was a 'spread the word' thing." Jay stated. "Although in all my attempts to recruit, all I got was 'you're drunk, go home'."

Chrissy's eyes narrow as she looked back to Jay. "Did she say Kristen was staying?"
    "Got the idea she was moving back in with Nicole." Jay picked up a long pair of garden clippers, giving them an experimental snap.
    "Kristen... I heard a rumor about her." Some shadow of memory descends on Chrissy's eyes.
    "That she's into some weird stuff."

"Well, she's coming back to hunt," Jay broke in. "- that's a good thing. Especially with me laid up and Rory dropping out. Many hands make light work, right?"

Jay glances to Olivia.
    "So, you're not in the Union like Eli and Tal." He gestured to the group.
    "- and Chrissy and I-"
    "- and me."

"You haven't passed the written test." Jay replied, but he smiled. The bite was out of his tone and Jose didn't seem offended. It seemed that Michael's words had made Jay re - evaluate his tone.
    Jay turns back to Olivia.
    " How'd you get into this stuff?"

Bean Olivia Mayer Freelance250

F
    Freelance250

Michael looks down at the cigarette he had been planning to light and shrugs, he lights the cigarette and follows Tal inside. Silently accepting her apology. When he entered he smiled at how Jay and Jose were getting along.

"A man of God must be devout, chaste and honest. I was being honest by what I said Jose. Remember, When I was a child I spoke as a child I understood as a child I thought as a child but when I became a man I put aside childish things." He said calmly, he moved over to the group and pinched the cigarette between his fingers and blowing a light cloud of smoke from his nose. He cared little for smoking laws, they seemed to change at the whim's of people who have to have a reason to be upset by one thing or another.

J
    Justin

Sam's motorcycle rolled into the adjoining parking lot just as two people entered the building.

Well, there goes my cool first impression, Sam though to himself wryly. He let his bike idle a moment as he removed his helmet, and only let the engine go entirely after he straightened his tie. He dismounted and set his helmet on the seat before striding purposefully toward the building. His contact had told him that it belonged to a group known as the Union, though Sam felt that name was rather ominously vague. I should start my own company, the Corporation.

He opened door and stepped through the threshold and immediately felt overdressed. Sam had elected to go with a black, conservative two-piece suit, over a white shirt with a black tie. In all fairness, it's not far off from what he would wear any other time he left the house, but he had a feeling that the others might see his choice of dress as impractical.

Sam put on what I hoped was a warm smile. "Good evening, everyone. I trust I am not too late? I only received directions a few minutes ago."

Tal
    Tal

Tal had walked back into the Union Hall, right on Michael's heels, and she turned to look at the new arrival as he walked in. She was surprised to see another new face but she figured any number of new hands was welcome. Even ones that waved their faith around like a flag at a political rally. She had no problem with the devote but she found herself easily annoyed by the vocal. Even among her own faith. Not that the newcomer had anything to do with that, but Tal couldn't resist throwing a glance at Michael before stepping forward to greet Sam.

"Shalom. Be welcome, you're not that late. I'm Tal," she said, holding out a hand.
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

Jennifer Hazelton

"Welcome back," Jose lifts a hand as Tal and Michael step in. "Hey." Jose lifted a hand to Sam at his arrival. His eyes travel up Sam's outfit for a moment, nodding to himself quietly. Chrissy glances to the smoke coming off of Michael and rises, taking several steps away from Michael towards the door.

" -I'm going out on a ledge and saying your other friends aren't coming. Did you guys have questions for us before we split?" He indicated himself, Jay and Chrissy.

"Hey," A petite blonde wearing a pink blouse and jeans extends her hand to Sam.

"That's Jay." Chrissy indicates Jay. "I'm Dr. Chrissy Hollandale. That's Jose." She indicates Jose for Sam's benefit.
    "Especially about that vamp that did this?" Jay lifted his hand, showing off the cast over his hand. "I'd feel piss poor if you guys went in without any clue to find her and got hurt. I told Michael some-" He points to Michael.

"But no one's asked any details..."

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last