Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Meet & Greet at Union Hall

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The hall looked unassuming- you see that its a single story building with a private parking lot. You see an office building with a medical symbol and the a sign stating 'Hollandale Practice' nearby. Stepping inside the Hall, you see several folding tables stacked on top of a small stage. A round table has been left up with five chairs around it. On the table are two clipped out newspaper articles. At a quick glance, one reads 'Missing Hikers, three days and no sign!' and the second reads 'No arrests made in brawl that resulted in two deaths'. There are two separate doors leading from the main room. One has an electronic key pad - quite a bit of security for a local hall, isn't it? The second door stands open, revealing an office space with a desktop computer.

A man with dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes sits at a table, sorting through a large clear Sterilite container. The man wears a cast on his right hand. The container is labelled ' camping gear'. There are three smaller containers on the table in front of him, one bearing the name 'Chrissy'. Ray places a pink mace canister into the container marked Chrissy.

B
    Bean

Olivia knocks on a door frame. "Hey. This the right place?" She was wearing a pair of snug jeans and a plain white tank-top under which a dark colored bra can vaguely be seen. Her hair is down and a little piecey because she had decided not to wash it that day, though it wasn't particularly oily. She had her usual black jacket in her hand because she had took it off on her way over, it being a warm and pleasant day.

Her voice had a quality to it that made her words short, sweet and to the point. Well not really sweet. She looks at him up and down as her boney knuckle remained at the door frame as she impatiently waited for a response.

Tal
    Tal

Tal slowly walked into the Union Hall, hands tucked into the front pockets of her jeans. Her clothing was quite a bit more normal looking than what she'd worn on the hunt. Simple, loose fitting boot-cut jeans, a loose tee-shirt, tennis shoes, and she carried a dark blue jacket draped over a satchel. As the door shut behind her she reached behind herself to casually adjust her shirt over the knife she carried horizontally on her belt. She wasn't used to carrying a knife around, at least not one she wanted to conceal, and she found her right hand straying back to tug her shirt down more often than it needed. It was a bad habit but she was still adjusting to the flat press of the sheath across her lower back. It was just something she'd have to get used to. She'd come to the US to live in a peaceful land, but when you knew about the things that roamed the dark, and the hiking trails, it become necessary to live with a thought towards violence.

After looking around she paced closer to the office door and the woman lurking just outside it. "Shalom, Olivia," Tal said in greeting. "Good to see you. I never got to thank you for coming on the last trip."
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

F
    Freelance250

Michael stepped out of the cab, he paid the driver and approached the hall. He opened the door and stepped in to find two women standing in front of him. He took a step back in surprise, clutching his bible to his chest. He wore the traditional black dress shirt with the white clerical collar around his neck rather then a tie. His jeans were worn and well used but still had a fairly rich color to them. Under his shoes he wore cowboy boots with faded tips. On his forearm is a distinct tattoo of a large Cross with twelve dogtags dangling off the cross-beam with a blacked out soldier carrying a wounded soldier across his shoulders, the words 'Rangers Lead The Way' tattooed under it.

Michael smiled, it was not a weak smile nor a hostile smirk. It was kind, warm even.

"Hello, I am Father O'Reilly." He said as he extended his hand, his other still clutching his most prized possession.

B
    Bean

Olivia glances behind her at the sound of a door before the guy had a chance to respond. "Oh hi Tal. Yeah sure no problem." She was already turning back toward the guy when she realized that if Tal was here then it was probably the right place so she changed her question. "Where is our fabulous hostess?"

But she was again interrupt at the sound of the door. She back back briefly but something seemed to catch her eye enough to give a second, proper look at the gentlemen. "Oh... Hello Father." She gives him a mischievous grin, he now having her attention. She doesn't give him a handshake but offers a wink in its stead, her hands clutching the door frame.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Jay," Chrissy reprimands as she closes her cell phone and steps inside the door. "- please tell me you weren't ignoring every one. Again."

"Hey, sorry.." Jay rose from the table. "- ladies. Michael." He nods to Tal, Olivia and Father O Reilly.
    "It was brought to my attention that our equipment was woefully under performing," He says to Chrissy. " - so I drove around and picked up all of our crap from every where. Your husband was so happy I wasn't with you, by the way. Thanks for telling me about 'putting up signs' or whatever you told him."

Sarcasm was heavy in Jay's tone. Jay gave Chrissy a judgmental look. "You didn't tell me this was a hunt hunt."

"You didn't tell me that you were going by my house." Chrissy replied just as testily. "And who the hell said our equipment wasn't performing?"
    "Chrissy, Michael. Oh wait- Father. He's a priest or some such thing." Jay pointed out the Father. "- I loaned him my knife and stake. Since I won't be needing them for another two months."

Chrissy gave a snort. "Do not start the self pity trip. None of us want to hear it. " She looked over to Michael and extended her hand for a hand shake. "Father. I haven't heard a thing about you except that you want to join up with Olivia and Tal's group."

Chrissy indicated Olivia standing by the door frame. "Olivia." A nod to Tal. "Tal."
    She made a show of glancing around the hall.

"Where's Eli and Angelo?" She asked the women.

Chrissy pulled out a chair and sat down. "That might be a good thing. Rory mentioned that his load was a little heavy. He'd have to take a bit of a break." She glances to Olivia.

Tal Olivia Mayer Freelance250 DownsideUp Record

F
    Freelance250

Michael's face turned slightly red at Olivia's advances, he silently prayed to God for his intervention against temptation by the arrival of Chrissy. He shook her hand and bowed his head respectfully.

"Well then I must be doing my Order a service by not being known." He quipped with a slight smile, "I come from The Order Of St. Longinus, the Malleus Maleficarum has an interest in San Diego. Our presence here is small but strong and we think working together may be for the betterment for the both of us." He replied, "Consider me the liason, I offer my services to you or your team." He said with a continued smile.

Tal
    Tal

Tal stared coldly at Michael, her eyes tracking over his tattoo and his clerical collar. She wasn't an expert on Catholicism, but she was pretty sure that the Malleus Maleficarum had somehow been involved with the inquisition and that made her blood flow hot. Sure, religious orders changed and adapted to the modern world but she found it detestable that any religion would keep around a vestige of a movement that had been so soaked in blood and hate. Of course, some of the students in her discussion section for Rory's class accused her government of being just as soaked in blood and hate. That was just ignorance, of course, but Tal knew that in her case her hands weren't free of innocent blood. Maybe it was best to give the Catholic a chance. Maybe she was being ignorant herself.

"I assume they're just running late," Tal said to Chrissy without looking away from Michael. "So, Father O'Reilly, was it? Would you briefly educate me on your Order? I think I might be misremembering parts of it's history."
    Tal, Soldier, Union, Presence 3 (Steady), Status 2 (Concealed Carry)

F
    Freelance250

Michael turned to Tal, his sand worn bible held to his side. He picked up on her israeli accent and understood why she seemed so hostile. He smiled warmly and nodded.

"The Order of Saint Longinus is a branch within Malleus Maleficarum that hunts Vampires specifically. As to the history of our parent Order, I have to admit that the order that originally bore the same name was not a gentle one, they were not humble men of god but misguided. My order bares their name but we are very much different. Witches, demons and Vampires threaten mankind regardless of the many faiths and beliefs that exist. We wish to protect all of God's children, even if they pray to Buddha or Allah." He said calmly, hoping that his point was understood.

Father O'Reilly continued. "I'll have you know that I am not here to interfere in your religious beliefs... I am here to help you face the things that go bump in the night, now if you prefer to mark me as an inquisitor or torturer you have the right to do so.. but you will find yourself very wrong." He replied, his words were calm but oddly warm, as if a father correcting a wayward child's misguided opinion.

B
    Bean

Guess this just isn't cut out for good ol' Rory. That's alright, I like this pious fellow too I think. She continues to smile her mischievous smile at him as introductions are made. She kinda had a... 'thing' for men of the cloth. "The pleasure's all mine sweetheart. You're welcome to join with me whenever you like." Another wink.

He seemed to be paying more attention to Tal than her though, which caused Olivia to sigh and look around the room instead. She thought she sensed some hostility between Chrissy and Jay but had no idea what it meant and arbitrarily decided it was none of her business. Olivia was half-listening to Tal and Michael's little discussion. Toward the end of the Father's explanation she lifted herself from the wall and walked beside him in order to put her arm around his shoulders. "Actually, Buddha isn't a god in Buddhism. Just their teacher. Sweety." She gave his shoulders a squeeze and a smile before releasing.

"While they get here, I'm goin to go outside for a smoke. Be back in a minute." She points at the door with her thumb before turning and heading in the same direction.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last