Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
At Union Hall

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

"He doesn't have the skill." Jay shakes his head. "If he did, I would have considered it. But why tag with us? He has the money for the Abbey. You may notice we're in a building we lease as 'Neighborhood watch/ Santee community works center'. We aren't rolling in dough. " His eyes narrow. "I guess he could be after Chrissy's files on our hunts, but I can't think of how he would have found out about them."

F
    Freelance250

Michael ponders for a long moment, idly rapping his fingers on his bible before speaking. "An insider maybe... someone he leaned on within the Cell to give him the information, sadly money can buy more then just sports cars and mansions. With enough, one can buy a human soul." He replied with a warm smile. A thought ran through his head, "Abbey or not, he is in it for the wrong reasons and those reasons can take a cell down. Might be worth looking into further." He added before crossing his arms again.

Jennifer Hazelton

"No." Jay rejects the idea immediately. "The only active members of my cell are Chrissy, Ethan and myself. We can't be bought off. "

His voice is hard as granite. He believes this with every fiber of his being.

"Jose isn't a member of the cell. He's a tag - a - long. If you want to look into him, you certainly can." Jay suggested.
    "But I have a small list of priorities and I don't get a threat vibe from him. If anything, he might get someone hurt by panicking, but not from malice."

F
    Freelance250

Michael smiles and nods. He learned something new every moment with them. "Alright, good to know."

He examines the article again, reading it through again before opening his bible and sliding it inside the pages. "Any further details about the attack? Where did it happen and such?' He asks as he leans forward, probing Jay's knowledge more. He was very intrigued and had a theory.

Jennifer Hazelton

"The survivor is a guy named Rob. He was admitted to the hospital last night. Chrissy was a first responder and managed to get something from him. You'd have to look at Chrissy's files to get the whole story, but the gist is he and his boys were following a woman in a club called Priceless. You might remember Priceless - it was called Pulse in 2000 and then Nocturne in 2010 and now its Priceless. This woman leaves with a different guy every time she's there and then they can't find these guys anymore. Rob mentioned he thought that was odd, because these were swarmy guys. The guys who need chicks, you get me?" Jay pauses to make eye contact with Michael.

F
    Freelance250

Michael nods and leans back as he scratches at the stubble on his chin, stroking it as he thinks. "Sounds like a Ghoul.. probably fetching food for it's master. Either that.. or the club is owned by Vampires, Nocturne seems like a name they would employ." He smiles and chuckles. "Gotta give it to them to be so blatant. How long has 'Priceless' been open?" He asks before standing.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Its been called 'Priceless' since 2013, but the club has been operating since 2000." Jay replies. "Eh... I don't know." The man shrugs.
    "Two men dead, one in the hospital and myself wounded. I've played with vampire's playthings and most of them don't hit me like this. I got tactics, you know?"

Tactics... something tugs at your mind. Sounds like something good to have.
    "You going somewhere?" Jay looks up at Michael.

F
    Freelance250

Michael smiles and nods, "These files you spoke of, are they in the back?" Michael continues to smile and chuckles, "I have a few of my own... very useful when dealing with nests of vampires." He replies as he scoops up his bible. He asks before moving across the room to the room with the computer. Michael remembered he needed to buy some hunting gear. He turned to the locked door and then back to Jay. "What is in there?" He asked curiously.

Jennifer Hazelton

"No, nothing like that is in the back. Chrissy has an old school filing system so nothing can be hacked."
    At Michael's question, Jay replies easily.
    "Stuff that we can't let the neighbors see." Jay says, standing up. "You seem like someone who knows what these things are, but most people just wouldn't get it. We need to keep the records and weapons under lock and key. We have neighborhood potlucks and things in here. Someone walks in, you and I are planning the Easter potluck. "

He shakes his head. "This is a real nice place. Nice folks don't know what we do here."

F
    Freelance250

Michael nodded, "I see. Analog woman in a digital era. I think I might like this woman." He replied with a smile and listened intently to what Jay had said about their public relations protocols before looking back to the locked door. Michael nods and scratches his chin. "Mind if I take a look at your hardware? I have no gear with me or funds... Until I can get financially secure I may need to borrow a few things." He said sheepishly, he was not happy with what he felt to be begging but his circumstances left him no other real choice.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last