Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Calling Leo Lockheart, First Talon

THREADID
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis dug a cheap, pre-paid phone out of her jeans and dialed the number of her only contact in Sacramento. Though maybe calling it a 'contact' was a bit premature. She didn't even know the name of the person the number belonged too. A thread of nervousness creeping through her, she dug a box of flavored toothpicks out of her other pocket, stuck a pick between her teeth and then hit 'send'. She lightly chewed on the birchwood while the phone rang.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

+1
    SL
    PRE

Picking up the phone to yet another stranger, Leo answered with a simple, "Hello."
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Yeah, hey," Avis replied into the phone, taking the pick out of her mouth. "This is, uh, well, my name is Avis. I'm from over Chicago way and the word over there was that your chapter was losing members, so I thought I'd come over and help bring the numbers back up. The brass said this was the number to call to introduce myself and get in touch."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a brief pause. Another Chicago Mage? Maybe sent by Vae? Maybe the same shifty shitheads that brought Pertinax into the fold? Either way he was the one stuck vetting her.

"Circle of Creation, be there at [time]. I'm bringing another new person in so don't be too late."
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Uh, Ok. No problem. I'll be there. I'm looking forward to it," she said, a bit surprised by the news. Another Arrow had decided to come and help fill in the gaps, huh? Wasn't odd in itself, but the timing sure was fortunate. For a second Avis thought about asking which bus line ran closest to the building but she figured a place called the Circle of Creation wouldn't be too hard to find and it wouldn't hurt to find it herself. She'd have to start figuring out her way around the city sooner or later.

Closed Thread