Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
BBQ at Reverb's

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    B
    Beej

The weather was terrible. Rain pelted the Sacramento but a text from Vincent to all concerned said things were still on and he had contingency plans.

The bangaloo style house sitting across from the park was just one of any number of picturesque houses in the neighborhood. Unlike the rest of the neighborhood, this particular house was a mage's sanctum. Warded for privacy and protection, it was a perfect example of hiding in plain sight. Nothing grand, not awe inspiring, just an old well kept house with a neat lawn and eucalyptis trees.

The living room of the sanctum, while somewhat extravagant does not yield any clue as to the Awakened nature of it's owner. An 60 inch wall mounted flat screen with accompanying game consoles, leather couches, classic guitars and basses are mounted on one wall, end tables shaped curiously like blue 1960s London police boxes, a bar with LA Dodger stools and a Miller High Life mirror above it, an original An American Werewolf in London one-sheet on another wall, and a Dodger flag on a third. In other words, it's a bachelor pad.

A hallway leads from the living room through the house, terminating in a kitchen and sliding glass doors that open on the backyard. Walking down the hallway, one of the open rooms is a library of sorts. It's walls divided between bookcases and one sheet movie posters of Star Wars, the original Raiders of the Lost Ark and Casablanca. If one happened to peruse the books there a wide range of titles from The Good War to the Heir to the Empire, to Money Ball to obscure titles such as Doctrina Hebræorum et Metaphysica Atque Theologia. Also in the room is an antique desk with an all-in-one computer.

Further down the hall there is a very nice bathroom as well as a narrow staircase leading up to the upstairs loft which is packed with more books, an acoustic and a steel guitar along with a futon couch/bed. Another door opens into Vincent's bedroom which besides the king sized bed and antique dresser has music sheets, pencils and more instruments stroon about. There is one other door off the hall but it seems locked.

The kitchen, which the hallway terminates in, is decently sized and stocked with antique but well maintained appliances. On the stove a very large pot sits quietly cooking while something bakes in the oven. The smell of something seafoodish permeates the house.

Since the weather does not permit people to hang out outside, the party had to come inside. Bowls of chips & salsa, a few vegi platters and other snacks are in the living room, besides the well stocked bar with adult and non-adult beverages. Refusing to let rain get in his way, Vincent putters around the house waiting for his guests in a green kilt that looks like its made from flannel material, a white t-shirt and flip flops. Today he is sporting his prosthetic eye sans an eye patch.

Miach

PRE

Even though Miach hardly felt in a partying mood - no more now than for the Consilium, for instance - Esmeralda insisted he went out as much as he used to before... before. He had tried the rain excuse, as well as the unknown people or the need to be with her, but she hadn't bought any of it, and there he was, in front of Reverb's house. Strangely, he had never come before.

Sporting his newly bought military vest and trousers, the Medstar was standing there in the rain, and hesitating. He intellectualy knew, for having preached it so many times before, that life was pointless without fun and pleasure. But even though he knew it, the Enchanter didn't have it left in him at the moment to merrily go and enjoy a party. Would he ever find it back ? Esmeralda was pushing him forward, that much was sure. At the thought of his lover, he smiled. He smiled, and knocked at the door.

He owed it to her to try, at least.

k
    kimura

A few moments after Maich began knocking a umbrella carrying figure, who was half playing in puddles of water and half avoiding them, approached dressed in a from a parked car a little distance from the house carrying a small bag of something in h left hand as braided pigtails bounced along as she looked up to see Maich she smiled and scampered, as anyone in sandals while raining could scamper, towards him.

Once she got close enough she spoke in that musical lit in her voice as usual "Konichiwa Mai-kun, you are safe and well today I hope? I brought slaw.. and.. cake"

B
    Beej

The door opened and the kilted mage smiled at his fellow mages. "Hey guys! Come on in." he said as he stepped aside and waved them in. Ushering them in he closed the door behind the pair. "Hey Doc, hey Kiko. Let me get that umbrella from you Kiko." he gestures to the umbrella. "Glad you guys made it despite the weather. And uh..Doc if Elaine or any of her friends ask about," he taps the left side of his face "could you give'm the o' patient confidentiality thing? I uh...it hasn't come up yet but ah I don't really have much of a cover story beyond I'm into big game hunting. Or mountain lion wrestling."

Miach

PRE

OOC

Miach had still not recovered the habit of being free, of seeing people who didn't mean harm to him, and it lit wonderful feelings and sensations to mingle casually with Kiko and Reverb. He hadn't expected it, but perhaps Esmeralda knew him better.

Letting himself be ushered in, he quickly made the first step in before realizing it was uncourteous to the japanese Awakaned. He stopped, and while he glanced around trying to see whether or not anyone was watching them, the Enchanter refrained from striding into safety first, and instead bowed to Kiko to let her in.

At their host's request, he didn't reply, but gave him a sour smile and a firm nod. He wouldn't usher a word. And he would find a cure for that.

Idun

PRE

Idun arrives wearing a navy blue and white jacket with a brown T-Shirt sporting a white stylized owl and a pair of worn jeans plus a Tupperware rectangle container with cookies she made in the free hand while her purse rests on her shoulder, in which she carries her cell phone, keys, wallet, and gun. Her hair is brown with the bangs being orange. She's wearing a pair of copper hooped earrings, a golden necklace with a wooden pendent featuring a bird's head, and a leather bracelet on her left wrist. The umbrella she's using is black.

Once at the door, she rings the door bell. She waits for someone to answer the door.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Daniel was really happy that Elaine has found someone. They were a Pack now and his sister's happiness was also his happiness. It also meant that Elaine was dating some guy with an eye-patch (God, he hoped it wasn't a 'stylish accessory'!) about whom her family knew absolutely nothing. He could be a drug-addict, a part of a corporation that was destroying environment, a member of a secret hunter cult believing in werewolves or a hentai-collector. He could be all of the above. That thought actually sent shivers down the Rahu's spine.

So vetting Vincent was pretty much mandatory. The simple truth about being a Wolf was that everyone wanted to get you and you couldn't just let your friends fall head-over-heels. That is what he imagined in his overly protective head was happening to Elaine. So Daniel got his casual clothes cleaned at a pretty beat-up dry-cleaners well outside of Sacramento proper and spent some time thinking about something thoughtful and not very expensive to bring along. Finally, he settled on a natural sauce for meat that one of his former packmates used to season food with. He was pretty sure Al wouldn't mind him using the stuff he learned from him.

I've grown stronger. I'll protect them where I've failed you.

Getting to Vincent's house takes some time, both because Daniel needs to go around anything that has any signs of Anshega influence and because he spends a while gawking at the buildings around him. They are so beyond his usual paygrade, it's not even funny. Suddenly he's very aware of the modest pricetag on his trousers and t-shirt.

Well, I bet I've got bigger muscles. Still, that's hella impressive.

The Rahu walks up to the door and knocks, the bag with the present in his other hand.

C
    Casitive

This thread is moved to Shards for the Cross-Venue Ness

k
    kimura

Stepping inside and slipping off her sandals, after Miach was so courteous, she handed Reverb the umbrella and looked up at both since now she was at her proper short height.

"Thanks for the invite and umm.. before I feel more of an idiot.. I only know both of your.. you know.. other names and it's impolite perhaps to mention those in mixed company, but it seems mine's normal now.. who'd have guessed? I mean mine is rejoicing child.. basically.." she blushed faintly she looked at Reverb before gently patting Miach's hand with her own warm one in polite greeting as she looked up at the taller willworker perhaps, in her own way, reassuring him he was indeed "not there" anymore.

"I also brought Cake.. and Slaw.. cause both Cake.. and Slaw.. go great with food of any kind!"

At Reverbs request she simply nodded her consent, after all she was a guest in his home and to her there was certain traditions that she would keep.. Wise or No.

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas drove his battered pick up through the city streets. He wasn't driving fast for today he didn't need to. He was going to make friends and be nice to people. He was going because the pack was going and he could not afford to be left out. He was going to see the man his Alpha had chosen from among the herd. Without much to go on, Aeneas' primitive brain was working overtime at this prospect.

So far (and with hardly anything to go on) he had come to the conclusion that this prime specimen (Elaine was a Storm Lord, right?) was about 6 foot tall, built for rangy strength, was fit and healthy, could rip up trees with his bare hands, and was kind to animals. He would no doubt have been beaten into submission already by this point.

There would be other people there too. So Aeneas had washed and bought a new shirt, jeans and boots. He had even combed his still damp hair into a semblance of primitive order and had shaved! But only to sculpt his whiskers into a more definitive mutton chop. Suitably attired, he reckoned he should be able to awe and amaze the company with his stories and witty anecdotes - he seemed to remember that is what people did besides the other stuff. Which his Alpha might from upon and he really didn't want to show her up today.

To show his respect, Aeneas had bought meat and drink. He had been tempted to go hunting a bring a whole animal but them remembered that most of the gathering would not be wolves and he had to be mindful of the Oaths he had taken. So he had stopped by a supermarket and got a platter of meat and six-pack of Cider. He vaguely remembered something about Elaine also not liking beer...

A blast of good Appalachian music heralded his arrival. Gracing the world with what he took to be a wide grin, he padded towards the house bearing his tribute.

11. Likes Sirith, Lesingnon liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.