Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Where Ya Headed? (ATTN: Aeolus)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    t
    theblackhermit

Jan stopped by her Camry, opened it, pulled the small purse sized canister of mace from the center console and dropped it into her purse. Locking the car door and straightening her skirt she leaned against the rear fender of the car and waited on Em.

So, a late lunch or early dinner maybe?
    You know youre gonna talk about the ghost so go on and get ready for that.

She shivered.

Thats better. So find out what Em has experienced.
    Wonder if shes had the dream too?

Jan hadnt noticed an exceptional reaction to the description of the dream. Em had already been agitated.

You just made it worse.

Jan bit her lower lip and sighed.

Maybe you should steer clear of talking about the thing tonight.
    Just two wild chicks out for some food and fun right?

Right?

Right. Food and fun.

Wonder if the library has anything on the apartment's history? Em might know.

Dammit!

t
    theblackhermit

The apartments.

It took her quite some persuasion (and Jenn won't let Emily forget that she owed Seth), but in the end her roommate took over; maybe it was the way she looked at them, almost pleading.

Anyway, there were more important things to do now: calming Jan down was one of them. The lights had freaked her out, sure, but as soon as she was in her own apartment the memory of how scared she was faded and as she had changed her clothes she was almost sure that there was no supernatural force having its go in their apartment building. "Going out.." she said, more to herself than anyone else as she took her purse and made her way outside.

Jan was already waiting for her and she seemed pretty nervous. Emily smiled; the fear was gone and surely they could find an explanation tonight. "You ready?"

t
    theblackhermit

"I reckon," Jan replied. "Where to? I called a taxi but really its still a bit early for drinks isnt it?

She turned on her heel to look for an incoming taxi and spotting none she returned her attention to Em. "Hey look Im really sorry for buggin out on ya like that."
    She shook her head. "I hate being scared. Makes me look like a wuss."

Emily shook her head the same time Jan did. "Look, don't worry. We'll talk it through and maybe you'll won't be scared after that." Yeah, and maybe you'll stop lying to January and to yourself. But it wasn't that easy; there was that part of her that refused to believe that a ghost haunted around here, even if another part of her fully believed it.

t
    theblackhermit

"Im gettin there," Jan replied.

At that point a red white and yellow BC Cab pulled into view and swung toward the two. Moving around the cab as it halted, Jan pulled open her door and said over the top. "So seriously, where to?"

She dropped into the seat and pulled her skirt in, closing the door and buckling her belt. "I never was much for going out so Im not all that familiar with the local places. When Marty and I were together he took me to this place called the Zebra once. It was just off campus I think. But hey if you and Seth -- was that his name? If you guys have a favorite spot we can go there."
    She grinned ruefully then. "And if we are gonna talk about..." she eyed the driver and then said. "The apartments, you really should stop me after my first drink. Other than that I guess Im at your mercy."

The driver turns to look at them, twisting his body and placing one arm on the back of the seat next to him.

"Where to, ladies?" He asks, even though he can clearly tell they're still discussing it. He seems just a little impatient.

Emily took the matter in her hands once she was inside. "Zebra Club. You know where that is?" Waiting for the cab to drive, she turned back to Jan. "Yeah, we'll see. Maybe we can just have a good time once we've talked a bit about it." She really hoped so; Jan was a pretty and funny girl - even if there was no chance for Emily she really enjoyed hanging out with her.

t
    theblackhermit

Jan cocked her head and she studied Em a bit from the corner of her eye.
    She seemed to not want to discuss the event at all.

And youre opposed to that now miss fraidy cat?

Jan wasnt the type to let something go once she had her teeth in it, or in this case ITS teeth in her but maybe she could ignore it for a bit and give Em time to relax.

HER time to relax?!
    Shaddup!

"Sooo...how long have you and Seth been together?" she asked, sitting back in the seat and grinning at Em.

Emily was busy thinking about how not to think about ghosts that January's question caught her really off-guard - she burst out laughing and looked whether Jan was serious. When she saw that this was the case, she laughed again until she was controlled enough to talk again. "OH, God no we're not together - he's the partner of my other roomie, Jenny." She still chuckled a bit, but the big storm was over by now. "How about you? You got anyone?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.