Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1401) Asa & Arnold

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Youre Majesty." Culler bowed his head to Clarke. "You arrived a moment too late. I was reminded of times past." Perhaps not as flaggerant as the fool he could not remember that used theban tricks in the middle of the club upstairs, but not something he had seen in quite some years.
    @Vampire ST
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"So I heard."

Asa grinned.

"Times past? It's been a while since either of us has... kept the peace."

There were times he missed being a Deputy, and no matter how entertaining the context of the memories were, they inevitably turned as well to Arnold's tenure as Reeve... and why it was Reeve and not Sheriff.

"Do you miss it? Nights filled with Petrovs and Connolleys?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

3. Likes Matamune liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The mention of Petrov brought forth memories of certain events Arnold preferred in the past. "From time to time. When events fall into my lap, I wonder if an active hand is not needed more."

If someone was listening in on the conversation, one could almost swear they heard the tiniest hint of humor in the giant's voice.

"Speaking of Connelley, I do believe I still own you a chair."
    Vampire ST
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

5. Likes West liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa resisted the temptation to look over at the giant.

With someone else, he might have construed the comment about 'active hand' to be an indictment of his laissez-faire approach to ruling -- especially recently. Arnold had never been that subtle, though. It was far more probable that it was a stab at the current Reeve.

"A chair? I'm still waiting on a new pair of shoes."

It seemed a lifetime ago that Arnold had tried to barge into Icarus' Haven, and a freshly minted Deputy had stopped him.

Asa waved a hand in a dismissive gesture, clearly joking about the shoes.

He nodded towards Court.

"Any of our new faces family of yours?"

After all, the Shadows weren't the only ones that found hiding their inner predator easy.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The fedora shifted as Culler turned his attention to the newly returned Hartman and the man he was talking with. "The man with speaking with Mr. Hartman. I believe he is family but this is the first I've seen of him." The effect the man seemed to have on the environmental around him was an unmistakable telltale sign. As curses went it was not the worse Culler had seen, certainly not as obvious as Sunshine's.

"I've heard that Miss Hazelton may have returned." Which in Arnold's book was a very good thing. She was one of his family that had not proven herself an utter embarrassment. Vampire ST

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa's eyes followed the direction the fedora indicated.

The man Culler spoke of looked more like a Daeva. Maybe he'd have to get closer to 'get it'. Or hear it. He almost wanted to clear his own throat, remembering the wet rasp of another Haunt, Heathcliff Staley.

"Ah, Mr. Hartman,"
    Asa mused, nodding as well to show he had identified those spoken of.

Speaking of returns, and family.

"Has Madame Hazelton returned alone?"
    Asa asked, adding the Invictus title without thought as he inquired about her coterie mate.

Rodriguez, or Ricardo, or whatever order that litany of Rs went in.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Not that I've heard." If she had, then there was some hope that the person was not going to make an ass of themselves. And if were going to make an ass of themselves, Sunshine could always use another toy.

Arrivals brought to mind departures and the subject of Twist and were she had gotten herself to. Which then led to Ishani Naetesh. @Vampire ST

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, thank you for the news," Asa answered.

Asa's thoughts, unknowingly, nearly mirrored Arnold's own. Certain people or places reminded one of other people or times; triggers, of nights past. It was strange to think that some of those memories had already slid from nights ago to years ago.

"I think I'll go socialize,"
    he continued. "I hope this evening, and those to come, find you well."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The fedora dipped, obscuring the Haunt's face for an instant. "And you as well, your Majesty." On one hand Culler could count the number of people he felt that way in the Domain. And possibly only one of those lived above ground now. @Vampire ST

Closed Thread