Ended
Watch

Sacramento Public Library

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    k
    kimura

Once the Children had returned to their respective parents and her co-worker had left her to her thoughts Kiko leaned against the shelf she was near as she slipped her glasses off to gently rub her eyes as she looked around slightly shaking her head with a smile.

"I know it will likely not happen but.. whenever I finally do rest.. I think I wouldn't mind haunting this place just keeping watch over the people who love books and knowledge as much as I do. Though knowing me.. that's not gonna happen but I can hope I guess"

After composing herself she went about checking her usual rounds being her usual cheery self noting Ashley and Domi giving both a polite wave to both as she bent to her knees while fixing a few various books. Turning her head she seen the one and only Martha and smiled as her own spectacles wound up finally resting on the edge of her nose greeting her with a soft even voice of "Evening Martha-chan, hope you are well tonight"

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk looked up from the cart of books he was putting away, and then once again over his glasses at the smaller woman who was approaching him. He placed the book in his hand back on the cart he was working on before tilting his head slightly to the left.

"Sure, what can I help you find?" he said perfectly falling into the working man routine that fit him so well, and flashing her a smile that was designed to do things.

But she looked familiar…

But then considering the scene she was making, and the people who were beginning to look he wondered if there was something more to this than just a late night at the library.

"What about you, Sir?" he said slightly louder to the other man with glasses in the stacks ( Luke Caldon ), throwing him the same smile in his direction the moment he locked gazes. Then he turned back to the woman. "Well?"

Oh my god, he's just writing about his personal life, is Azure's immediate conclusion at the bizarrely seductive look he was giving her. She catches herself before she mentally undresses him and covers him in whipped cream too much, instead looking back at the other man briefly to notice that she was possibly making a scene.

Just a tiny one. Mind your own fucking business, dude. Of course, she was distracted by Dominyk Fucking Prise standing right in front of her. So, considering the audience, she proceeds in a careful whisper, "I'm sorry to bother you, but are you Dominyk Prise?" She's a little proud of herself for not swearing - probably prouder than she should be.

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke looks up and smiles politely at Dominyk. "Oh, I'm fine thanks, don't worry about me."

Seeing the girl recognize the librarian, and hearing her ask his name, Luke's memory clicked. He knew these people - both of them. He'd seen their faces on the backs of their books. It seemed that there was always some kid at the college reading one.

Looking over Azure, it was clear she was completely starstruck. She seems more like an adoring fan than a peer. The way she looks at him, I'm surprised she hasn't gotten down on her knees to worship the ground he walks on.

Luke flips to the next page in his book. This should be good.

OOC:
      3 suxx to recognize Azure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-29 23:10:59 Luke Caldon rolls 6 to Recognise Azure (10 Again) 10, 8, 8, 5, 4, 1, 2 3 successes
      2 suxx to recognize Dominyk
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-29 23:10:21 Luke Caldon rolls 7 to Recognise Dominyk (10 Again) 7, 5, 7, 5, 10, 6, 2, 8 2 successes

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled. She nodded and greeted Kiko with obvious joy, "Ah! Good evening to you! I do hope you are well!" she chirped. "It seems busy this evening!"

Looking over to see what the fuss was not far away, she saw a few people around someone who's scent was familiar, but she couldn't quite see them at the moment.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

k
    kimura

Looking up at Martha from her knelt stance she grinned impishly "Bet you kinda thought and wondered how I cleaned up and looked more presentable didn't ya?" she continued to rest, almost effortlessly, on her knees which to many may seem odd but when it came to Nami.. an oddity.. was just another day in her world.

"I'm well over all, been fighting a head cold as of late but other than that I'm doing quite fair. Yes there was a small group of bored little ones earlier and well.. Me being Me.. decided to entertain them. People forget that children are our future plus.. I'm the worlds biggest kid at heart I think, or at least I think so."

She barely moved as she stood up effortlessly, and Martha would be well aware of how limber she was from their few meetings in the past, as she finished putting up a few books she glanced towards Ash and Domi and shook her head with a grin 'A Match made in Heaven I'd say, but then I'm weird in how I think." she shrugged as she turned back to Martha "Is there anything I can help you find, Martha-chan?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha just didn't know what to say as she was met with a sheer deluge of words from Kiko. She took refuge in staring at Kiko's legs and shoes and nodding a bit.

It took some time for Kiko's question to settle in. Prompting Martha to shake her attentions from Kiko's legs to thoughts of books.

"Oh...er...do you have anything on...er..." the first thing that came to mind was, "...ballet?" she asked meekly.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

k
    kimura

Once more it happened. Martha was staring at her legs again and while it would bother a lot of people it simply didn't phase her. Offering a hand to her friend she smiled "Let me see if I can help you with that. I've never understood Ballet all that much even if I enjoy dance, as you know, but wearing those.. frilly.. thingies just seem odd to me."

As she shook her head a moment later she lowered her voice just a bit "Martha-chan please do not take this the wrong way but umm.. I don't mind when you stare at my legs like you do, it actually makes me blush a bit.. I just.. I'm a bit self conscious and well.. while others may think it weird.. I take it as a compliment. Puzzling to me sometimes.. but a compliment regardless"

It did feel weird a little but the weird Martha generated was far more along the lines of weird she herself seemed to exude.. She wondered if perhaps their next lives they will be just as friendly and friends as they were now and that thought also made her blush a bit more.

I have another person to watch over and keep safe from the things that would destroy those I care for.. I do wonder if I was married to a Knight in the past.. a romantic notion.. but one that makes me smile

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk offered his hand to the author. "Lady Harriet Evening, Unless I am sorely mistaken." He asked as he absently picked up another book. "Oh, this one goes elsewhere, care to follow?" He said before removing himself from the line of sight of the odd eavesdropper who seemed to only be interested in staring and not actually anything else.

Paparazzi… they'll find you anywhere…

After they were safely away Dominyk turned back to Harriet with a grin, "Sorry about that, sometimes stares make me uncomfortable."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was made bashful and now more than a little embarrassed. She held Kiko's hand and simply nodded. Not daring to speak or even look at Kiko.

She hoped her gentle holding of Kiko's hand and the following short but tender squeeze of the hand was a suitable apology.

Still quiet, Martha allowed herself to be led along by Kiko...her C-Leg dragging now like lead.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread