Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Sacramento Public Library

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

"Of course," "Harriet" replies, happily following along. Out of the sight, and hopefully earshot, of the voyeur, she adds sympathetically, "Oh, I understand entirely."

She figures there's nothing she can do to stop contemplating his nudity, so she just focuses on his eyes and hopes he isn't offended by the lust. He had just complained about stares, and as inappropriate as Azure felt she was, she wasn't so inappropriate as to follow up that complain with a hungry glance at his crotch. So, trying to sound professional, she searches for the right words to say in a low conversational voice intended to not disturb anyone's reading.

"And yes, that's me. So, as you might have guessed, I'm a huge fan of your work. Sorry for drawing attention like that. Uh, what brings you to Sacramento?"

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke gave a puzzled frown. How did they see where I was looking through my sunglasses? I guess my body language was too obvious. I'm not used to observing people while visible, I guess.

Putting his book back on the shelf, Luke began searching the aisles for medical guidebooks. I might as well try and learn something while I observe the library.

Picking out an old medical text, Luke finds a spot where he can see most of the library and begins reading, keeping one eye on the too and fro before him.

k
    kimura

If only she could reverse time to before Martha lost her leg, to call upon all her knowledge to simply fix it, but no.. as much as it hurt she still firmly felt whatever the cause.. it had happened for a reason.. even if the reason was perhaps cruel.. she didn't know but inside she growled wanting to do -something-

She returned the small squeeze with one of her own slowing her walk to where Martha could easily keep up getting a few stares from others both positive and not so benign to which she'd stare hard at the offending fool when Martha's vision was distracted "Would you like to know a secret Martha-chan?" she waited for just a moment not really giving the woman time to say one way or the other "I am proud of you. No it's not meant as condescension or even as a joke as I am being very serious. I have seen many that look at their.. "problems" as a crutch or something that seems to destroy their sense of self. You, however, every time I've seen you.. every time you are just stronger.. it's just something I can tell" she smiled as they reached the section Martha was looking for before turning to face her.

"You have a character about you that.. I'd do you dis-service or feel I insulted or offended you if I even tried to put it to words. But suffice it to say you said you wished to better yourself to overcome things and in my eyes.. my humble opinion is that you do that every time you are out and about" She turned and without really looking she pulled a couple books on Ballet down and offered them to her "I have faith in you that you'll succeed in whatever it is you are looking for or trying to do, well I mean for what it's worth coming from a simple girl who likes simple things" her cheeks reddened at the last.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled. Clearly, to judge by her wide blue eyes as she watches Kiko explain things, touched and moved by this very open admission.

Martha leaded and kissed Kiko gently on the cheek and held the lady close before accepting the books.

"Thank you." she said as she kissed Kiko. Looking at the titles of the books she adds, "Miss...would you perhaps like to join me at a dance class one evening?" she asks with a careful, sweet, whisper.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

k
    kimura

Returning the embrace and the kiss on the cheek she smiled "I think I'd like that actually. I have been meaning to go and do a bit more dancing as of late myself" recalling their previous schoolgirl antics a few nights prior she added "You know.. You remind me of my Mom some as well. I don't know how to describe it really but you just have this I don't know" she shrugged some "Worldly presence maybe? Regardless it's something that reminds me of home and for that I thank you as well"

She'd take a step back making sure no one was going to be bumped into before properly bowing to the young woman before standing with a grin "I'd offer to go hang out more during the day or something but between School and Work and the various 6ft sausage links with teeth and legs trying to eat me in my dreams, which mind you these monster things in my head don't follow the rules.. cheaters.. I have to beat them into submission.. I think over all evenings are far more open for me" aaaand.. as usual she went slightly random, but to those that knew her if she wasn't random at least once a day she'd most assuredly go more odd.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha wasn't sure what to say to all this. She held Kiko's hand and smiled a sincere and gentle smile. Hoping to reassure Kiko and offering a genteel kiss on the hand.

"I shall look forward to meeting you at the dance class." she adds. "I...I'm grateful for your help in finding these books too!" she paused and smiled, hoping to see if she encourage Kiko to greater calmness or speaking further.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

k
    kimura

Nami smiled that ever present smile of her's with it's tell tell flush on her cheeks as, well if she didn't do it she'd feel she was being impolite to the English Woman, before she barely took the edge of her skirt and curtsied rather well as it was obvious she was well versed in a few different forms of Etiquette.

"You are most welcome, it's what I'm here for.. I help people." said as if it was the most important, and yet simple, thing in the universe. An infallible Truth. "Then Martha-chan I will take my leave of you, as I'd love to stay and chat some more I do have things that require my attention. So until then ja-ne"

She leaned forward and gave the woman a gentle kiss on the cheek, as if it was the most normal thing in the world to do, before bowing her head and heading off to finish her nightly business.

Who said being weird was dull?

Kiko/Nami will continue to be 'around' in the scene but will be taking care of various other duties to help out Domi as she normally does -- Kiko leaves the Scene

Martha Villiers

PRE

Smiling, Martha nods as Kiko speaks and lets her go about her business without delay. She watches each and every step Kiko makes and studies the lady's legs with great interest until Kiko is out of sight.

Soon enough Martha takes herself to a table and begins to read the books on ballet and, unless spoken to by anyone else, will depart shortly after to be about her Patrol...

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke sighs a little and closes his book. Beyond a little insight into the nightly activities of the Grand Wyrm, there was nothing new to see at the library. That writer pair could have been interesting, but I blew my chance to see where that went when I made myself visible.

With a shrug, Luke returned his medical text to the shelf and headed for the exit. It can get a bit boring being an observer all the time. Still, there's always something new to see.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk and Azure will likewise depart, though from where and to where no one really knows.

Dominyk leaves the scene
    Azure leaves the scene

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread