Ended
Watch

Sacramento Public Library

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

The air conditioned Library held an unnatural cool and the atmosphere here was alive with the gentle tip-tap of keyboards and filled with the heavy glare of overhead fluorescent lamps.

Several bored librarians were quietly chatting near a fire extinguisher and two students seemed to be hunched over copies of books on organic chemistry.

Meanwhile, tiny Martha was amusing herself in the middle of a Patrol by taking in the latest events listings at the Sacramento Public Library.

Studying the 'What's on' events in the main reading area of the Library, the small creature leaned on her cane and smiled.

Seeming youthful, sweet and innocent, petite Martha knocks politely on the door.

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life

Martha is meekly and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a black 'summer pattern' felt broad brimmed cap of the Edwardian English school fashion and of the traditional summer design...an embroidered cap badge seems to be of some heraldic crest and is matched by that of the embroidered badge on her neat black blazer. A pair of scholarly wire-framed spectacles are perched on the end of her nose.

Her long black gymslip which shows one slim leg and its kneesock to mid calf. Her ebony black hair is tied into two long neat twin tails. Each twin tail is tied with a large black silken ribbon bow. Her left leg is her usual above the knee C-Leg prosthesis. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie which is tucked neatly into her gymslip. Carefully polished black Mary Jane shoes complete her very neat presentation.

Having made her inspection of the What's On listings, she turns her attention to the rest of the room...afterall, who, or what!, you may see or encounter in such a place so late at night...

@Alex.Klein5

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

k
    kimura

This was one of those rare evenings that the young woman was working later than she normally did. Nami had been asked to stay over and the ever helpful Shaman was right there with a smile talking to a handful of children dressed rather.. well.. not Nami like.

A black knee length skirt, white blouse with a small black tie, matching dark stockings and short ankle boots with her hair pulled back tied off with it's patented green ribbon and her thin reading glasses perched on her nose looking far more the Matron Mother than the ever hyper Maiden she was at heart.

She just looked 'different' more mature for her youthful features and getting, as usual, a few stares from both sexes that she seemed to either ignore or didn't pay any heed as her entire attention was taken by the various younger children sitting around her as she seemed to finish telling a tale to them.

"And yes Michael.. the Princess was indeed not entirely human but the Prince.. he didn't care. They had known each other their entire lives.. and lifetimes before.. and all he ever wanted was to keep her safe. So the moral of this story is "Never judge a book by it's cover" because sometimes while we may not initially like what we see when you look deeper inside.. there are things that make truth far stranger than any fiction."

She looked at the children and their returning parents as they smiled to the woman-child in which she simply smiled and slightly bowed her head before addressing the now standing children "Remember though, things are never as they appear to be. Until next time mina-san.. ja matta ne"

As the children came over to give her small hugs she would ruffle each ones hair in a motherly playful manner then watched as they departed while from near her ..

"How do you do that?"

"Do what?" turning to look at a fellow co-worker with an impish grin "Deal with children so well? That's easy.. I'm a child at heart it's a weird toys-r-us sorta thing I think. Like calls to like"

C
    Crafty Cultist

In between the bookshelves, Luke walks unseen. He didn't like to waste blood on his appearance, so a layer of makeup provided color for his skin while a pair of sunglasses hid his dead eyes. It would be nice to socialize more often, night classes required a large investment.

Besides, people were more interesting when they thought no-one was watching.

Looking out into the main area as he moved between shelves, he spotted the Grand Wyrm entering the building. It would probably be rude not to announce my presence

Gliding towards Martha, Luke was surprised to see a group of children here. You'd think their parents would want them home before dark. Or maybe that was just the view of someone who knows what's out there.

Finding a spot out of sight near Martha, Luke lowered his cloak of night and then stepped into view, approaching the Herald with a smile on his face.

"Milady Villiers, what a pleasant surprise. May I ask what brings you here?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

It was the gaggle of children that caught her attention at first. Being a Creature of the Night she rarely saw the very young in real life.

Their nose and activity was much greater than she'd expected and it took a few moments for her to unravel Nami's scent from amongst the other scents in the mess.

It was as she was about to offer Kiko a wave of recognition that Luke made his presence known. His Beast caused her to rub hard at her crippled hip and thigh and offer a nod.

Gripping tighter to her cane she offered a smile,
    "Good evening, sir! A pleasant surprise to see you too, sir! I come in search of knowledge! I do hope you are well!" she asked with obvious and increasingly jollity.

The noise of the children and the suddenness of pain in her thigh didn't dampen her smile for too long...
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke smiled and gave Martha a nod. "Well enough, milady. I prefer to remain hidden, though it seemed rude to spy on you. It was nice to see you again, Miss Villiers."

Luke returns to his hiding place behind the bookshelf and disappears into the shadows between places...wisely not using any Masquerade breaking terminology or powers.

I have edited this for the good of all. I trust no one will mind this pragmatic and sensible course of action. ~Chrisie~

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk supposed that his push last year for the Library to remain open beyond 9pm was actually being beneficial, especially with the college parents that would bring their kids to do some form of reading, but that was all Miss Nami’s doing. After all she was the one that worked best with children, and the storytimes were working significantly better than he could have ever hoped.

Dominyk the Writer and Librarian had his own duties around the building, ones that required him to remain hidden, and as a winter that was his own clue itself.

However, he was still tall and he still had the lingering scent of chocolate that followed him around day to day. Of course, he did draw more pull about him in general.

He was, of course, putting books away somewhere relatively close by, after all the building wasn’t something that stayed open too late when college had only just started. The night shifts would normally be this long later on in the semester but at the moment this was something of an anomaly, after all Sacramento wasn’t Hollywood or Los Angeles.

People actually slept here.

ooc

Martha Villiers

PRE

The ramifications of this are huge. It needs careful thought. I'm therefore pausing the thread to reflect on matters. I thank you all for your co-operation in this matter. ~Chrisie~

Martha Villiers

PRE

Luke Caldon ~ please take note @Dominyk may thereby elect to adjust his entry to the thread above with much less dread than he approached it before.

Such are the benefits of 'Sliding Doors.' This is not a course of action I wish to take often but felt the need to avoid the potential for unforeseen and unwarranted unhappiness outweighed the usual sanctity of PC's actions. I believe this is what they call a Mulligan. ~Chrisie~ Please...continue one and all...

Azure had yet to explore this particular library in the months she'd been here, which was a tragic and bizarre circumstance given she was such a bookworm she turned her spare room into a private library of her own. But things were busy.

Today, however, or rather tonight, she'd found free time and endeavored to investigate. And she'd be damned if fortune didn't love to toy with this Enchantress' head.

Recognize Dominyk
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-01-27 20:42:20 Azure rolls 9 to Who is that? (10 Again) 4, 7, 4, 10, 7, 1, 5, 9, 6, 9 3 successes

The excited noise that tried to escape her mouth was cut short due to library manners - she was certainly in control of herself enough to not cause a scene. But a bit of a squeak did sound in the air as she recognized a very familiar author, and someone she'd had perhaps a strange dream about or two. The sorts of dreams that made her blush, pause, and make sure she was fully composed before she devised the proper means to introduce herself and not seem like a deranged fangirl, even if that were a bit true.

Walking slowly up to Dominyk, she attempts to get his attention with a gentle wave of her hand. "Hello, uhm, excuse me, may I ask you a question?"

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke adjusts his glasses. Pulling a book from one of the shelves and skimming through it's pages, he keeps one eye on the goings on in the library, hidden behind his glasses.

It would be nice to make conversation, but he didn't have much to discuss. Besides, Luke was more of an observer anyway.

Hearing a gasp he looked over to see a new face, staring at one of the Librarians. This could be interesting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread