Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Halloween Ball

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

"Mr. Redfill, huh? Are you looking to blow a few houses down?" Nat asks, noticing his "Huff & Puff" cigarettes. She knew they weren't real, because she'd become well informed on the subject of counterfeit cigarettes for... uh, casual curiosity. In no way was she professionally informed on how to recognize and produce counterfeit cigarettes, if that's what you're thinking.

"Or are you dressed up as the dangers of smoking, and possibly brooding in a trenchcoat?"

J
    Jaling

Hilde's sudden consumption of the drink actually caused him pause, he certainly wasn't expecting someone of her caliber to take it in a shot like she did. When she got that look and started coughing Kalemleah reached out and placed a hand on her arm with a grin on his face. He didn't know what it was about people's reaction to whiskey, but it was entertaining to watch the ones who weren't prepared for the kick. "Are you ok?" When she suggested having another he figured why not. Upturning his glass and placing it on the bar he was suddenly conscious that his hand was still on her arm and quickly removed it, feeling his cheeks turn flush a lit- a lot. Clearing his throat as their glasses were replenished he tried to play off his embarrassment. "I, umm...my usual scene?" Looking around the room he took a moment to gather his words into a coherent sentence. "Quieter, smaller, darker. Something more...intimate? Yeah, I guess that words applies. Small bars or pubs, cafe's, hotel lounges. You get the idea." Somewhere in the back of his mind the coherent part of himself chastised his use of the word 'intimate', but the alcohol sufficiently had quieted the voice so as not to embarrass him further.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

A role, a mask. These he understood well. People wore masks all the time. Most days you just couldn't identify them quite so easily. Maybe if he let himself slide far enough into the role, he could take his mind off of that other Halloween, three years back. Or that the one he most craved a dance with was beyond his reach.

With a gentle smile at his apprentice's antics, he glances around the room, taking in faces and costumes, the ebb and flow of living energies. In a way, he was thankful; no matter how much he might want to hide from the world, it was lonely business, and he needed this bouy.

"Yes, it's all very charming, thank you Nami." He gestures briefly toward the pirate, the man in the trenchcoat, and the ... some sort of huntress, he supposed, while beginning to walk toward their grouping. "Perhaps you could introduce me to those three?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy wasn't sure if he was late or not - only that it had taken forever to get the final touches right for the costume. Who knew that shaping wax fangs was so hard? Still, everything was in place now and Kassidy was mostly pleased with the effect, but it was hard to tell without a mirror.

2suxx to pass as a girl
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-11-02 12:07:20 Kassidy Harrington rolls 5 to Passing as Female Wits+Sub+SL (10 Again) 10, 4, 4, 2, 5, 8 2 successes

Still, Word of mouth had brought him here, and unlike that weird night at the Temple, Kassidy was absolutely determined to have fun. Hidegarde, Daniella, Redfill, That guy with the false Eye looked familiar, and same with the cheerful Japanese girl. Well, that left him with something of a decision to make. Who should he approach? A relative stranger or someone he knew with Influence?

He was tempted to apologize to the cheerful girl for the Temple, but she seemed to be dragging someone with her. After a moment he decided to just roll with it anyway and came up to her, smiling brightly and nodding to her companion. "Hello, Sorry, I don't think I caught your name at that mic night?"

k
    kimura

She looked at the three and blinked not recognizing them as she wiggled her nose a little cocking her head to the side "I do apologize Master but alas.. I do not recognize them.." as the words escaped her lips she caught movement out the corner of her eyes as Kassidy approached Kiko blinked a moment once more unsure, but as usual not caring which, the interesting person was but as usual she did like the outfit they were wearing.

"Though this unique individual, Master, is someone I met a few evenings ago at the Temple a Kassidy if memory serves" she took a small curtsey towards Kassidy almost uncaring if the people noticed what she'd wore under her outfit as she, like Kassidy, were somewhat of the same mind this evening "Fun".

"Once more your choice of dress is.. I'm not entirely sure the word but I'll phrase striking.. though if I may be so bold.. where is the halo?" she grinned as she looked back at Animus with a wink and infectious grin before turning back to Kassidy "Kiko actually but tonight I am Ms. Nami maid to Lord Normand Andrews and pleasure to make your acquaintance officially Kassidy.

She stood like one would expect someone like a Maid or Butler may around their Master or Mistress, at least in many regards one would assume.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde smiled as Kal explained his preferred social scene. She nodded. "Oh yes. That is exactly right. Much more personal and so much less distracting than being in a crowd." She edged closer, her hand sliding along the bar, delicate porcelain fingers splayed.
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

The doctor bows his head a little as Daniella introduces him:

"Great to meet you, Nat , you make this look great." - he allows himself an appraising look and a smile, trying to seem more interested in the costume then the gorgeous body underneath, - "And, please, both of you, call me Mike. 'Mister' or 'doctor' sounds work-like, academic and far too serious for a night like this." - he makes a casual gesture at all the costumes around the room.

Redfill actually chuckles at Nat's comment about his costume:

"Funny. I should consider that next time. Knowing me, though, I'd probably dress as cancer, and that wouldn't be a pretty sight. Tonight I'm Bigby Wolf, a detective from a not-too-mainstream, but not obscure comic book." - he allows himself a small smirk directed at Daniella. Because he actually is a wolf, has a wolf Beast and has done his fair bit of investigative work, which she may have heard about with all her socializing in the Domain.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

He pats Kiko's hand gently, perhaps an apology for putting her on the spot. At his apprentice's introduction of Kassidy, he turns to the newcomer, offering a handshake. "You've clearly left an impression on Nami. I imagine she did likewise?"

J
    Jaling

Her advance towards him didn't go unnoticed, and although he didn't make any advance in return, he didn't retreat. Reaching back to his no longer empty glass he began to twist it between his thumb and index. The colored liquor reflecting the light through the glass in way that relaxed him just a little more. "Do you know of any such places around town? I must confess I haven't been around here all that long and don't know the local scene as well as I'd like."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Kassidy is right. Though no halo for me tonight." Kassidy gave a wide smile showing off his false fangs. "I've decided to play vampire. And it's a pleasure to meet you both, Nami, Lord Alexander."

He took the offered hand and shook it lightly, "She did, yes. It's not often you meat someone so brightly cheerful."

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread