DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Adjani5.jpg

The invitations had gone out. The advertisements had gone up. The time of the Halloween Ball had arrived - a charity event sponsored by the Society of Pennelope for a wealth of needy causes. A time for the well-to-do and the well meaning to join in festive fun for the spooky season.

Hildegarde didn't know much about it. In fact she was only dimly aware of Iago's excitement as he roused her early, pampered her, dressed her, and packed her off to the ball. She only really noticed when she, with Iago on her arm, saw all the other costumes moving towards the large function room. The buzz of the gathered guests was palpable; energised by it, Hildegarde subconsciously squared her shoulders.

"What is the purpose of tonights festivities?" she asked calmly.

"To enjoy yourself, my lady. And perhaps to meet and mingle? You have been quite unsociable of late. I thought this might encourage you out of your shell." Iago responded with bright eye and mysterious smile.

This scene is open to all. Characters with allies or contacts in Culture, Business or Politics may well have found an invite sent to them; everyone else could have heard through the grape-vine as the Society ensured that the event was fairly well publicised.

Nat enters the party on the trail of word of mouth, taking in the scene with the rather greedy intent of rubbing noses with bored rich men who didn't come with dates to this charity event. At least, it seemed like a good enough plan, excuse, or whatever her random gumptions passed for these days.

And it was an excuse to wear a costume that might normally be considered just a bit less fabric than one wore in polite company. There were certainly a few inches of soft brown tummy on display, but the leather jacket she brought could squeeze over the gap in a pinch. Likely her very tight trousers would catch more eyes, as she provided a decidedly more bootyliscious take on Katniss Everdeen than the film had. And if anyone commented on her having curves perhaps too generous, she'd gladly explain she was hoping for a workout tonight. That's why the pants were a spandex blend, after all.

So she took a good look around the room, at those gathered, and then couldn't help but notice the refreshments looked rather lonely. Considering how thirsty she was, not to mention sober, she'd best go say hello.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella had heard about the Ball from some of her Allies, and decided to make an appearance. She did enjoy the spirit of Halloween and dressing up, it was just so much fun! She had spent hours the previous days putting together a costume that she was quickly falling in love with. It was a pirate costume, well, her vision of a pirate anyways. She was quickly growing tired of playing it safe with her choice in clothes and costumes. So she went with a shirt that hit well in the upper thigh area, shorter than she was used to, with a corset style wrap around, that cinched her tiny waist even more. Finally she finished her look off with boots and a cute hat that just made the outfit.

She slowly makes her way into the room, doing a quick survey of who was there. Tonight was about enjoying herself, so she put on her best smile and walked further into the room. Her demeanor was one of someone who was friendly, and approachable.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

4. Likes Chrisie liked this post
    J
    Jaling

As a matter of self improvement, Kalemleah had decided to work on his people skills because, well let's face it they suck. He had butted heads and rubbed off badly with pretty much everyone he had come across and it was, at least in part, because he had never taken the time to develop them. So upon hearing of the large gathering of costumes, he decided it might be a good idea to try to fit in to an occasion where everyone would be there to enjoy the merriment anyways. The costume wasn't extravagant by any means. A plain black suit, pressed white shirt and blood-red tie with leather gloves and a bar-code drawn on the back of his head didn't take much imagination or work to see through to it's completion. He had put the effort in to at least get the off-the-rack suite tailored though so it fit a little more comfortably. As it would have proved to be counter-productive he wore no concealing magic which made him feel rather exposed, further adding to the awkwardness he felt this evening. Nerves a jitter and the flight nature of his mind screaming at him to leave, he thought it best to gather some liquid courage before trying his luck.

Her first drink lasted 2.5 seconds, but the second one might last a while longer if she found someone to talk to. The cute pirate seemed as good a choice as any, so she wound her way through the festivities towards Daniella Sage . Of course, it was entirely possible that someone could move to intercept the lone tribute sipping from a glass as she slid across the floor.

"Pirates never really go out of style, do they?" she asks, rather than leading with what became her natural follow up, "Hi, I'm Nat. And may I ask what to call you, Captain...?"

The brownish longcoat that Steven Adler wore might have appeared normal under ordinary circumstances. The same could be said about the patched grey slacks, brown hat and nice shoes; by themselves they looked like every day, albeit somewhat flashy attire. Instead, it was the 17 foot long multicolor scarf that was wrapped around him, stretching all the way down to his knees, which gave his costume, and character, away.

Although he was no longer working for Ms. Gideon, Steven was still making an effort to remain in contact with his friends and contacts that he had made as her art manager. So, when he had heard that several of them might be attending the party, he decided not to pass up on the chance to reacquaint himself with them personally. This was what was on his mind as he walked into the party, and began to quietly mingle with the guests…

B
    Beej

The hardest part about being a mage and a sound controlling Obrimos is that...it's really hard to resist summoning the theme song for your costume out of the aether when you enter enter the party. But like love, there's no time for paradoxs.

So instead of making a grand entrance ala John Williams, the millionaire mage merely hummed the Indian Jones theme as he walked in. Tonight he is sans eyepatch. Too many 'pirates' running to rock the eye-patch. Instead it just the fogy white opaque place holder. Tonight people might even think the scars are make-up.

The first he spotted was 'Dinner and a Show' and who he now considering naming 'Master Piece Theater.' Ugh. Then there was 'Sexy Pirate' and someone in a costume he couldn't place. Faith Lehane? was the best he could come up with. Deciding he needed a drink before anything else, Dr. Indiana Royce headed to the bar and ordered up a mojito.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella turns and smiles at Nat , “No, I guess they never really do.” She said the British pirate with a laugh, “Nice to meet you Nat, I’m Daniella,” she replied extending a delicate hand to the curvaceous woman, “I have to say I love your costume, is it from the Hunger Games? Or am I completely off?” she asked, hoping she was right; she had read the books and saw the movie once.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

"Indeed it is! A lot of people, myself included, thought Katniss was a woman of color based on the book, so I'm bringing that interpretation with me to this soiree. But you've got that extra level of authenticity to your costume by your voice the way Americans figure, don't you? Excepting, I'm going to guess that you might be from a slightly nicer neighborhood than most pirates if I'm not mistaken?"

Her eyes briefly take in the other costumes in the room. Boring secret agent, Doctor Who, cute but shot in the head or something Indie? And classic masqueraders. Huh.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Halloween was that nights when Michael could actually dress up in any sort of garb he could fathom and still be overlooked. The obvious choices for a university professor would have been a wizard or the Doctor. But obvious was boring. So tonight doctor Redfill has settled on something a little bit more obscure. It took him a few weeks to get everything just right: the suit, the cigarettes, the boots. The make-up artist that was available at night was the hardest to find, but it was also down.

The perks of being rich.

So tonight he comes in as not the worlds greatest detective, but as his personal favorite one. And screw the fact that nobody would recognize his character! Well, not completely. He did have a cigarette in his hand and a pack in his open trenchcoat labeled "Huff & Puff". That would be a clue to anyone perceptive, even if they weren't familiar with the 'Fables' universe.

After entering the room, he immediately spots the lovely Keeper in what looks like the sort of costume a waitress may wear at a cosplay cafe. A very sexy waitress. The woman she is talking too is quite attractive too, so there is no doubt of where to head first. Having approached the two, he waits for a pause, before greeting Daniella:

"Captain Sage, you look stunning. Can you introduce me to your friend?" - Daniella will notice that he is speaking with a lot more growl in his voice and his speech has less refined words than normally.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

12. Likes Origins, Kelreth liked this post
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread