Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
Glissade Tournament

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 20 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... Last

Marcus Evan

PRE

Cathie watches all the people entering. Most are probably just spectators, but some bulky men must be other contenders. She saw a few fey-touched peoples, she could try to have a chat with one of them. She's happy, most peoples didn't look at her very strange, except for this last man in black suit and white shirt. Pretty face, but he's way too small, like most men here. "Bah. Must be time to register now." She gets on her feet. She left her usual long skirt home; instead, she wears some black leggings with a red tank top.

She makes her way inside; towering a good head above the crowd, she easily spot the registration table. She had to turn her shack inside out to find 100$ cash for the inscription fee; a few 20$ bucks, a few 5$, some quarters and nickels to complete the sum. "Horse-Teeth Cathie!" she announces herself, with the slight hope her old college volley-ball nickname might remind something for the clerk.

Throwing an eye at the schedule, she realizes she's set against a man named Peter. "As long as he likes hugs..." Farther away, she spots two changelings, one Ogre like herself and another one who seems made of metal, stretching before the competition. SHe makes her way through the crowd and get nearer. "Hello lads, time for a good fight?"
    Marcus decides to take advantage of the offered padding and is stretching his shining limbs when Cathie approaches. "Let's hope." He extends a hand to the Ogre. "Marcus." His attention is soon captured by the first bout.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Impressive. John thought as he watched the little Asian girl beat the crap out of her opponent. As of right now he was glad he was in the unarmed division of the tournament. I wonder who my- His trail of thought ended when his eyes fell on the same man he saw at the boarding house when he first came to Sacramento.

"I did not expect you to be here." John said as he approached Jayant the not-quite-a-man-but-something-very-close. There had to be a better way of describing him...
    Jayant caught the voice and turned mid-stretch, his right arm locked straight across his pigeon-like chest and being held there by the crock of his left elbow. He tries to place the face but his memory is still hazy.

"Sorry, I mean no offence, but where do I recognise you from? My memory is very bad at times." He keeps smiling placidly, really hoping the man was friend rather than foe.

"Doing good," Sofia says, smiling and leaning against Mateo. "No pics of me or my friend, though."

Sofia gestures to Jessi. "Jessi, this is Vincent, a friend of Mateo's. Vincent, this is Jessi, my best friend in the whole world."

Jessi smiles widely. "Hi, Vincent."
    "Hey there, Jessi. No pictures, right, all good." He doesn't ask why, it could pose as an awkward question, and Vincent really did not do awkward that well.

"I shall keep my lens away from your area's." He stops, eyes going wide, looking between them both, suddenly realizing what he had said. "What I meant, you know, the camera lens," he responds, rushing the words and deciding to just STFU and turn back to the action.

His ears, however, started to burn red.

Gristlefist flinched as he finally noticed the female Ogre Marcus was now chatting with. Was he that focused on staying focused for the battle? That wasn't his usual style, but maybe he was just nervous; aside from sparring-matches to keep him fit he hadn't had a serious boxing match in - what? Months? Years?

He stopped his warm-up and extended his hand for the other Ogre. "I'm sorry, I have been incredibly rude earlier. I'm Gristlefist." Looking around, he added. "Well, that's what I like to call myself at events like these, you know? You can call me Matthew if you like."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

When Kaeda finishes and heads over to his sister, Sully follows.
    "Great fight, you did a good job out there. You are scary with those stick.." He chuckles, and flashes his smile. Her suggestion that ruby would do drugs was laughable. "Kaeda, this is Betsy. Betsy this is Kaeda."
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

O
    Orchomenos

Horse-Teeth Cathie

As Marcus extends his hand, Cathie pauses for a second. A single second, barely noticeable. "Grasping the hand would mean some kind of involvement with him. But I came for that, no?"

"Hello" she says, taking Marcus' hand. She continues to both changeling, as Gristlefist turns also. "I'm Cathie. And at this kind of events, I'm called Horse-Teeth Cathie. Guess why?" she asks with a grin showing her huge teeth.

Quote Originally posted by Animus:
    "I figured this was the type of event that some of our friends might participate in, and I thought it'd be interesting to watch."
    "Really? Don't you think this is the kind of event our friends should probably avoid?" Ruby looks around to see if she recognizes faces.

Quote Originally posted by The Blow Princess, Kaeda:
    "I know you. Like, from somewhere," she said, pouting and slouching into an arms crossed stance as she regarded the other woman.
    From where? That face wasn't feeling very familiar. Maybe a student that saw her lecture?

"Kaeda, this is Betsy. Betsy this is Kaeda."
    Sully seems to know her though, although he's really going to need to stop using that name. She makes a note to be angry at him later.

"Everyone calls me Ruby. I prefer it, in fact. I'm afraid I cain't place your face though-" Wait...

"You look hurt up, dear. Shouldn't you be taking a rest?" For whatever painkillers you're on to wear off?

"Sully," glare. I do not approved of your new friend. "This is my friend Ahnu Mostafa. He helped us with a major acquisition a small while back."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Everyone calls me Ruby. I prefer it, in fact. I'm afraid I cain't place your face though-"

"Sully," glare. I do not approved of your new friend. "This is my friend Ahnu Mostafa. He helped us with a major acquisition a small while back."
    Sully looked straight at Betsy. Bemused Smile. Since when have you liked any girl I introduced? "Mr. Mostafa, howdy."
    Ruby? he mouthed to Betsy. Between the new nickname and the drug allegations, sully was worried. Had his sister become some sort of pole-dancer druggie in this town? Momma would tan his hide if she found out about this...
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

'Told you twice already,' she mouths back.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus smiles at Cathie. "Because you like carrots and sugar cubes?" Grinning, he continues to make small talk as he stretches. "I haven't seen you around the Fre- um, around town. Are you new to... Sacramento?" Marcus couldn't stop glancing at the clockwork man. It was the first time he had seen anyone like himself.

Page 7 of 20 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... Last
Closed Thread