Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Glissade Tournament

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 20 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Extremely glad to have fed before arriving, Jayant really did not fancy a bout of hunger frenzy in public. Strolling in after signing his name, Jayant smiles at anyone nearby but doesn't bring any attention to himself, his diminutive stature making him instantly forgettable. He does prefer it that way.

Making his way over to warm up a little, Jayant spots the one person he would never think to see again; the overarmed rat-catcher from the sewers. Instead of heading over and saying hello mind, Jayant begins to do some warm-up techniques and stretches.

Time for hello's later.

Wall Scratcher arrives, and settles down just outsidethe raging crowds, keeping an eye out for his alpha. He scans the crowd to try and spot any obivous hints or danger, or stuff that's out of place.

Gristlefist frowned slightly as he paid his entry fee; he didn't like to see money leave his pockets without a really good chance to get it back, but he couldn't deny the urge to hurt someone, either.

Checking the people inside he noticed a few other Changelings - it wasn't particularily fair for the mortals participating, but that wasn't really his problem, was it? His big hands disappeared in the pockets of his expensive looking jacket, feeling the brass knuckles he brought along if there weren't any 'official ones' to use and the packet of cigarettes. Sure, it was bad for his stamina, but it's a habit he wasn't able to drop ever; he looked around to see whether someone was smoking in here or whether there were any signs telling him not to smoke. If it seemed okay then he lighted himself a fag and waited for anything to happen.

Marcus Evan

PRE

As he enters Glissade, Marcus gets the sinking feeling that he is in waaaaaayyy over his head. While checking in, he studies the schedule and glances at his fellow competitors, wondering which one might be "John". He nods to his fellow Lost as he saunters over to Gristlefist and offers the Ogre his hand. "Alright? Let's pray for no bees this time, eh?" Smiling, Marcus' gaze slips past the big man to rest on a tall Elemental who also appears to be made of metal parts.

Recognize Court Mantle

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

After registering with the officials, Tam wanders the crowd. She brought her wooden practice knives, more short batons than blades, but they weren't going to kill anyone. Looking around the room, she sees that the participants here are willing to take a few bruises. When she sees Tug, she wanders over and stands where he can see her. She doesn't interrupt his intense concentration. Instead, she waits until Tug notices her.

Orphan

PRE

Orphan shows up, carrying his bokken daisho, wooden practice versions of his katana and wakizashi, and dressed in his usual heavy casual clothing (thick fatigue pants, leather jacket, work boots, heavy work gloves). For once he does not have active his usual contingent-triggered healing spell. It would invite Sleeper disbelief for him to be seen miraculously healing contusions and bruising, but besides that, he intended to compete without any sort of magical enhancement. If he did well without the use of magic, that would show that he was well on his way to true mastery of the fighting arts, and if he didn't, he'd learn something about his areas of weakness and things he needed to keep working on. Either way, he'd count that as a win.

Orphan signs in and allows the judges examine his weapons, and his clothing if they wish. If he's allowed to do so, he will forego the offered padding other than whatever is provided in the way of head covering, as he doesn't really want to risk being slowed down by unfamiliar gear.

He takes a moment to look at the schedule. Noticing he's up against someone named Kaeda, he looks around and notices the tiny Asian girl. He just nods, knowing full well that someone much smaller could often best a larger oppponent, particularly in armed combat. He wasn't going to make the mistake of underestimating her because of her size, and certainly not because of her gender.

Seeing Tug and Tam, he wanders over to them. "Hey, you two!" He gives Tug a punch on the shoulder and wraps is arm around Tam's shoulder for a one-armed hug. "I knew Tug would be here, but I'm sort of surprised to see you here, Tam. The good kind of surprise, though." In fact, Orphan is very glad to see her here. Not only did he like her, but her presence here also showed that she wasn't just a book-smart mage, one who didn't appreciate the importance of martial skill.

G
    Gelosiana

Justin enters, submits his names to the judges, and starts to wander around the room, eyeing up the other fighters. Some strong looking folks in this crowd...and it appears not all are simply mortals.....

He notices Wall Scratcher, and heads over to James. "Nice to see you hear. I take it you called off work to see your Alpha stomp the shit out of some folks?"

Wall Scratcher seems distracted, glancing around the crowd. He nods absently at Justin's comment, still studying the scene.

"A lot of these people don't seem normal.. I'm a little uneasy here Justin, some don't seem to be human -or- Urathu, I think I'd like to do some meeting and greeting, but I'd feel happier if you assured me you'll keep your eyes open in case anything comes up?"

He grins lightly at Justin.

Connor and come in looking as scrawny and feral as ever. Signed in and seen he was fighting someone named Tug. What type of name was that anyway? Then he'd gone to put on the fighting clothes they were giving out. Maybe he could even sneak out with it on. He needed more clothes, he thought.
    Ten minutes latter, Connor was feeling bad at laughing at that cat in the commercial. The one wearing the mittens. It had been so funny at the time.
    He fidgeted and tried to scratch and shake off the supplied padding and gloves. He hated the gloves. It wasn't like he would kill anyone without them. He'd stop before doing serious harm.
    Scratch, shake, shake
    I swear I'll never laugh at that cat again.

R
    Redinski

Walter arrives, keeping his old fencing sword covered and mentally complaining about the weight of the padding. He'd have to adjust his grip, perhaps.

Ralph arrives and stretches. It was good to get out of his shoddy excuse for an apartment, and even better to get that all too familiar rush of a fight.

Page 2 of 20 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread