Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
171 - 180
DISPLAYED
Glissade Tournament

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 18 of 20 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last
    G
    Gelosiana

Justin had been watching the other fighters go about their business in the ring, preparing for what he would have to do to defeat any that came before him. This Tug fellow....he has a beast of a bear hug. Most of the other fighters had been trying to break out of it...perhaps he should throw the guy for a loop and just knock the crap out of him in the grapple? Maybe he wont even be able to grab ahold of me....However this last fight works, i cant get second place. Uratha arent made for second place.

Justin watches the rest of the fight with the Masked Vigilante play out, and gets ready to jump back into the ring. That money was as good as his.

Orphan

PRE

Orphan is there to contratulate Tug on his win. "Good job, man. Sorry I didn't hold up my end of the competition."

Peter walks to the back, literally sticking his hands in his pockets. Anyone looking at him gets the impression he didn't have much taken out of him by the last fight. He gets back to Cathie.

"Sorry about leaving like that, but... you know, the match," Peter says, nodding his head in the direction of the ring. "I was taking it pretty well, I just for the life of me couldn't find a way out, and I couldn't get anything solid to land, so... I decided to do the prudent thing and appear to give in, since not too much was happening. He has a hell of a grip though... then again, so do you."

Peter smiles and sits down on the bench. "So, about your offer... I don't see why not. I'm kind of busy, but a week is a lot of time... I should be able to find an hour or three to come spar with ya. One condition though... it'll have to be at night. I'm entirely too busy during the day."

Too busy not burning in the sunlight, Peter thought to himself.

"So, if you're willing to do it some evening, I'm willing to show up. Sound good?"

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam is feeling a little better. Smiling, she looks up at her fellow Thyrsus and says, "That guy didn't seem to like your affections, Tug."

PRE

Tug laughs at Tam. "No, he didn't. Don't worry about it, Orphan, you'll get 'em next time." He looks off for a minute. "That guy Justin, he looked like he could take a punch or three. I can, too." He stares at the ring, wrestling with himself. He'd made it this far on his own merits, without using any spells, but this close to the finish his Pride burned for victory.

After a long, quiet moment, the fingers of Tug's right hand tap his leg in a particular sequence, as he calls upon the Primal Wilds to toughen him for battle...

Organic Resilience Activated

...his epidermis becomes as hard and tough as a tortoise shell. Tug smiles broadly. It doesn't feel good, but it feels right. His fingers drum out another, different pattern, to invoke Fate's Favor...

E-Luck 3sux

"I'm ready," he says. "It's Trophy Time." He breathes heavily, invoking the intensity that propelled him to the pros, as he makes his way to the ring. It would be a small victory, but it was one he needed, after everything that's happened...

O
    Orchomenos

"Heh, good fight, Peter! You broke his hold a few times before it was too late..."

But as she listens to Peter, Cathie throws a glance at the wrestler who just triumphed over him. "Now THAT looks like my kind of guy..." she thinks. Not too small, a large chin...

"Ahem, what? At night? I don't really use to go out at night... except for tonight of course!" she adds with a smile. "Well, why not? I just have to take the bus while coming back..."

"Sounds good then. Yeah, sadly nights are about the only time I even have time to breathe," says Peter. "Excuse me for a sec, would you? Gotta do the 'good sportsman' thing."

Peter walks over to the man who defeated him. "Hell of a grip," he starts as he extends his hand. "Can't blame me for not wanting to be subjected to it, can ya?" Peter adds with a laugh. He does come across as being in surprisingly good condition for being subjected to a human trash compactor. "Good match man. Congratulations. I may not be big on cuddling, but I may have to have you give me some pointers some day. I guess it's hard to argue with results, eh?"

Peter leans on the wall and looks out towards the ring, his impromptu mask stuffed in his back pocket, before looking back at the big man. "Hey... all the best out there. And do me a favor, will ya? Win. I wanna at least salve my pride a little by saying 'At least I lost to the man who won the entire damn thing.'" Peter says with a smile.

Fu
    Fu

PRE

Fu appears out of the crowd and walks over to Connor. "Interesting fights"

"You missed yours. What happened?" Connor felt his packmate owed him an explanation. They hadn't escaped the Tiger to hide whenever a fight came up.

PRE

Tug is wary of shaking hands with his skin supernally toughened. "Good match, Peter," he says with a nod. "Sorry, but I don't shake hands before a match. Athlete's superstition, y'know?" He smiles as though he's admitted something embarrassing. Peter did seem in good shape for someone who'd just gone a few rounds with the 6 foot 4 equivalent of a Boa Constrictor, but Tug's too amped for the next match, and concerned about keeping his own secret, to pay it any mind. "Don't let a loss get to you; you're not a bad scrapper, but I've been doing this all my life. Thanks for the support. Maybe I'll see ya' after the last bout." With a final nod, Tug makes his way into the ring for the last match of the tournament.

Page 18 of 20 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last
Closed Thread