Ended
Watch

Open Mic at the Temple

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    B
    Beej

"Singing isn't a problem. I can give you lessons on that if you think you need it" Vincent said. After all the voice therapy he had gone through, if there was anyone who could teach it it was him. Well that wasn't entirely true. He was pretty sure Ixidor could school him in that department but really, the guy was a professional. But Vincent was more than sure he could prop up someone who stuck to karaoke. Of course that brought up the question of how much of a jealous teacher Animus was.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy glanced at the group around Martha and the young Asian girl. Well, sometime discretion was the better part of Valor. He opted out of trying to join that conversation and vying for Miss Villier's attention, instead bringing his cup of coffee to an empty table and sitting down to sip at it.

-1 vitae to consume coffee

He'd wait for the mic to open up, and... well, she'd do the best she could, though something about the night wasn't letting him relax. It concerned him, that maybe the tension would prevent him from showing well. At least there would be nothing riding on his performance.

k
    kimura

Looking at Vincent a moment as she wondered if something was wrong with Martha "I'm thinking of changing the song I chose. I am in the mood for.. you know.." she waved her hands rather animatedly "Bouncy. The original one is far more.. not bouncy.. more.. mellow and honestly.. I think I need bouncy"

Turning her attention towards Kassidy she could not help but blush faintly "I have no idea what it is about the person over there but they look.. just.. pretty. I have no idea how else to describe it, either that or as usual I fail to grasp the finer part of you know.. speech" she grinned impishly at the ones gathered at their table.

Her body sanctified with sugar, starch, and caffeine, Ash prepares to release a burst of extroversion and talk to somebody interesting here. Moving closer to the guy she only knows as "Reverb," she asks, nearly whispering and aimed right for him, "Hey, could you introduce me around a bit?"

Then it belatedly dawns on her who he is.

3 to Recognize Fame
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-09-21 20:42:29 Azure rolls 7 to Fame Recognition (10 Again) 6, 3, 1, 10, 8, 6, 8, 2 3 successes

Martha Villiers

PRE

Apologies for missing posting sooner :( ~Chrisie~

Martha is delighted to say the pastry arrive for Kiko and was nodding attentively as people around her spoke and trying to keep up as the environment suddenly became alive with activity and people.

She nods gracefully and welcoming-ly to Hildegarde and made a hand gesture to invite her closer...

Then listened carefully...watching Kiko's exposed legs...and generally staying quiet for a moment or two.

"I quite agree! Friends are a most precious thing!" she smiled sweetly to those near her, clearly sincere, "...and tonight should be about fun and jolly japes!" she said in a very English manner which many may consider bordered on parody.

"Speaking of which..." she made an expansive and happy hand gesture to introduce Hildegarde to the others, "Miss Hildegarde...this is the lovely Kiko-chan and the very clever Mr Royce! Kiko-chan, Mr Royce...the equally lovely and clever, Miss Hildegarde!"

"Oh...that's Kassidy!" she adds, helpfully to Kiko to supply a name for the Mysterious Kassidy. "A most splendid person! Very pretty...yes!" a happy smile follows.

She joins Vincent and Kiko at adding names and songs to the list. Adding her selection of Imagine Dragon's "On Top of the World" and hoped she'd be able to do it's buoyancy and Hope proper justice.

Once Kiko has returned to the table Martha takes a moment to gently and carefully pat Kiko's nearest knee in reassurance tiny Martha adds, "I am certain your singing shall be most splendid! Shall we sing together later on?" she asks brightly, hoping that it shall help calm Kiko if she has a 'partner in crime' on stage.

"Bouncy? Hmm....perhaps is we sang something jolly by Katrina and the Waves...the Shangri-La's...the Bangles or The Go Go's..." she smiled sweetly. Privately amused at the idea of singing 'Our Lips Are Sealed'. Hoping to prompt agreement or ideas from Kiko and Vincent or Hildegarde.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

B
    Beej

Listening to Martha rattle of the bands, Vincent's interest was a little more peaked. It was a pretty old school selection. Not that any of them he really cared either way about.

"Hey Ash." Vincent turns at the girl's voice and moves to make room for her in the growing crowd the little Brit was roping in. "This is Ashely. She kicks about the same peeps Kiko and I do." He wasn't entirely sure she and Kiko had met but it was close enough to the truth. It was a rather odd moment, any mage would undesrstand. Introducing sleepers who knew you from places that you might not necessarily want other mages to know about.

"Ms Villiers is..um..I don't believe you ever mentioned what you do." he started introductions but stalled when he realized he didn't know much about the woman other than she attended high end galas and 'jogged' with Kiko.

k
    kimura

Turning her attention to Ashley the young woman simply offered that seemingly usual smile as she offered her hand to the young woman "Nice to officially be introduced Ms. Ash" her hand, like the rest of her body, seemed to resonate with a warmth that was healthy and comforting. If there were people openly staring at her choice of attire she really didn't mind or truly notice it.

When Martha placed her hand on Kiko's bare knee a unconscious soft purr escaped her lips as she glanced at Martha with am almost impish grin I swear if she starts petting me.. I'll die happy.. as she thought that she realized exactly how devoid of physical contact she'd been save from her sleeping with Orpheus.

I'm a social creature.. as is what resonates inside my soul so why the hell have I been so.. timid? Nerves I guess...

As Martha began asking her about a duet she blinked "Umm sure though.. not entirely sure I know those choices but I have a penchant for remembering things so if I have heard it I'll try to remember it and we shall do awesome together" turning her head over to Kassidy she couldn't help but wonder about the person, it was after all curiosity that did indeed kill the cat but thankfully the satisfaction of knowing brought it back "Yes ma'am.. she is pretty and I like her outfit."

Turning her attention back to Martha she nods at some unspoken question "Are you still keeping up with your jogging?"

Ashley immediately accepted Kiko's hand for a shake and a smile. She had definitely noticed her at Consilium, but never spoken. Perhaps this musical outing was the perfect opportunity for a bit of bonding.

"Duet, huh? Need a keyboardist? I remember how to play Walking On Sunshine, I think, and I'm not too shabby as an improviser. But, uh, I don't sing." Her last remark snuck out after her more enthusiastic opening with the meek breath of someone who didn't want to talk about it. But they didn't serve alcohol here, so she was sure she should be able to avoid being pressed into singing poorly in front of a crowd.

"You guys jog together? Do you go out after sunset? My current night-jogging buddy is a bit MIA." She tries to put no more thoughts towards a certain athlete for tonight.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled and nodded eagerly as she heard all the chatter around. "I see!" she added as people spoke about the music and smiled happily.

It was as Azure was introduced that she took a long look at Azure's legs and loitered a little longer at rubbing Kiko's knee as talk turned to jogging.

"Good evening, Miss Ashley! How delightful to meet you!" she chirped shyly, but sincerely, to Azure. "I am looking forward to hearing you play!"

Turning to Vincent and still with her hand resting on Kiko's undamaged and unimpaired knee she replied,
    "Oh...I am but a humble student, sir...I am a student of political science, history and sociology." a shy and modest smile followed.

"It has been too long since I went jogging..." she added quietly. Recalling how many times she fell over last time she went jogging...not say the failure of her more recent attempt at parkour.

She blinked and added sweetly,
    "...I would enjoy jogging with you all though, I am certain of that!"
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

OOC

Velma opts to listen and pay attention to all the interactions around her.

She would have to get some coffee but to tell the truth she was out of her usual hunting grounds... if it was something alcoholic she would certainly know what to choose but coffee? She didn't even knew there was something else than black coffee.

When the time comes for the succubus to place her order she just decides to ask.

"So... what would you recoment?" she inquires in an even tone to the red headed barista that was taking the orders.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread