Ended
Watch

2013 Sutter Medical Charity Ball

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Miach

PRE

Even if Miach's grin would have made the Cheshire Cat proud when Reverb seemed to wonder what to make of his statement, the Acanthus managed an even broader smile when Mr Royce teased him back. The wonders of alcohol... "You could tempt me with alcohol, that you could ! Especially since I don't have the fortune to be a Royce." readily admitted the glutton Awakened with some double-entendre.

"And please call me Jonathan" he offered to Martha, Claire, and Dillon. "It looks like it will be a pleasant evening indeed."

The mystagogue was contemplating with glee which drink he could get from Reverb, and his eyes were lost in a revery of the most exotic drinks. It was then that he caught sight of a gentleman walking nearby, dignity made flesh. Ah, I'm sure I've seen him last year. Hard to miss. did he mused, even though he quickly came back to more mundane, liquid concerns.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Doc B?" Martha is amused and puzzled by the nickname. She would have asked more, but the chatter suddenly went wider. Taking the offered hand, she shook it with obvious glee. Taking care to lean on her cane as it got busier at the bar.

Keen not to be jostled to the ground by passers-by.

"Good evening! Good evening, Jonathan! Golly, so many people!" with a glance around, she saw Asa and nodded a subtle greeting. But, unsure what his Play Book was for the evening, Martha didn't introduce him just yet. He was circulating, and...after all, he might want to operate under alias.

"I do enjoy a fine Ball! Lots of dancing...fine music...lots of fascinating conversation!" she beams a smile to all those near her, a sweet and happy smile lingers on those nearby. Her tone suggests that she was keen to prompt a fascinating conversation. Always with an eye to the Future, Martha opened with a cheerful gambit...

"Space! Space travel!"
    she enthuses, "I wonder, do you gentlemen look forward to the day Mankind makes its way to the Stars?" Martha's sudden enthusiasm for the topic

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"Ach, I lose again," Dillon says with a mild and very put-on lament. Hazel eyes look to the ceiling briefly to beseech his fortune's forgiveness.

He returns both Royce's handshake and 'Doc B's salute in kind, along with an added verbal salutation. Though he isn't hungry enough to eat, it's always nice to meet interesting mortals. To keep in practice, if nothing else. "Pleased to meet you Jonathan; Vincent." To the latter he adds, "I'll humbly accept that offer. I think a vodka martini will be amusingly appropriate this evening."

It's Martha's fault. She started it.

"My debt to you is increasing rapidly," he says aside to the tiny Herald, though not so low as to go unheard by the others. The whole gamble scenario was invented on the spot to break the ice with them anyhow. "I already owe you at least two dances, a trip to the Sacramento County Fair, another pair of shoes..."

Having had some fun building himself an amusing tab to his little friend, Dillon decides to pass the ball to Martha to see if she can keep up. "Extrapolation or escalation is entirely your privelege. What do you feel is appropriate?"

As if in belated answer to Vincent, Dillon says, "The highest stakes are those not finalized before the outcome is determined, don't you think?"

Martha's injection of the subject of space exploration-- immigration?-- is met with a casual smile, as he waits for the others to share their thoughts first. It is around this time that Dillon spots Asa making his dashing circuit. Dillon's friendly smirk might tick a little higher in greeting, but he doesn't single the man out or spoil the fact that they know each other with a more obvious address. It's nothing out of the ordinary, as surely the majority of eyes in the room take notice of, or follow him.

The Reeve wonders if it will offend His Majesty's sense of individuality to ask where he procures such impeccable suits. Dillon makes a fairly sharp tuxedo look even better, but Asa in one looks too good to be true.

Just as well. Better to be one-upped by your Prince than the other way around.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Looking a little haggard, wearing a black tux, Steven Adler was busily fixing his hair with a small brush, preening, as he finally approached the ballroom. Then, after returning the brush to his jacket pocket, he took a deep breath to force himself to relax, then entered the ballroom.

Dr. Adler,” he muttered quietly to himself, it’s time you learned how to socialize…

With the event already underway, Steven kept his presence low key. Quickly and quietly, he first moved to the bar to ask for a drink. Then, drink in hand, he slowly migrated from one area of the ballroom to the next, smiling politely to everyone he saw and taking quiet note of everyone present.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

Toby had been walking around the room, smiling to those doctors she knew from work. Deciding it might be time for a drink, she makes her way towards the bar. As she nears the bar, a familiar face causes her to pause in her steps Asa ; it wasn’t someone she was expecting to see. But she was nothing if not professional, so she makes her way over. Smiling warmly, "Leo, how good to see you. Thank you for joining us tonight." Offering her hand in a friendly gesture of old friends.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa's eyes skimmed the crowd, landing on a small cluster. He noted Martha and Dillon, the corner of a mouth turning up ever so slightly in acknowledgment of their greetings. It was also partially amusement -- he hadn't seen them at this sort of thing before, and it was interesting to see one, or both, taking an interest in such Kine affairs.

Settling in

It didn't take a genius to figure out that medical facilities could be useful to their kind, which is why it likewise surprised him how few Kindred showed to such events. That thought was far from a complaint, though. Dillon's bare Beast seemed all the more apparent without any other 'noise' surrounding it.

Another face mildly surprised him. A Kine, who he thought would be dead by now. Time was playing tricks on him. Years had begun blending with weeks.

He turned with a smile to the approaching woman.

His brow furrowed as if trying to place the woman, and a hand lifted to point at her.

"Doctor... Davenport. Yes? The pleasure is mine."

The hand that was pointing took hers, and raised it to his lips to kiss it.

"I suppose now is as good of a time as any to confess that 'Leo' is a nickname, one of those that stick from family,"
    Asa added with a bemused smile.

The best lies were true.

"Please, call me Clark. I don't believe I saw you at last year's ball."

Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Claire smirks at Dillon and Martha's banter, but her eyebrows decidedly raise a notch in comical amusement as she pulls the topic of space travel out of the air, or rather the deep recesses of her mind, to liven up the conversation. "That might be a site to see, but I don't imagine it can live up to cinema-driven expectation, do you?" She decides she should not deign to comment on whatever esoteric consequences their wagering was headed towards.

B
    Beej

Taking everyone's drink orders Vincent flagged a waitress over. "Hi. We'll have a vodka martini, a something with rum forward," he hicked a thumb toward the doc, "I'll have something rum also, but citrus foward." He paused and frowned for second What did the ladies order? Eh. "And 2 glasses of something creative."

Turning back to the group once the waitress headed off Vincent nodded to Claire? "A little of this and that. Someone has to fund the hospitals if the Legislature won't. Plus, the Doc here," Vincent pats Miach on the shoulder. "Put me back together after a rather dreadful hunting excursion."

The tall tuxedo man's quip about the highest of stakes made the mage tip his head ever so slightly. Creepy swinger. Jump on Miach. please. "Well my lawyers says pretty much the same thing." he grins and shrugs.

The short British woman's talk of space travel was rather odd. He hadn't expected that. "Branson already has one ship and is building more. And if I remember correctly NASA is coming up with some pizza like food with 3D printers. So really it'll seem just like home." he chuckled.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha blinks. "3-D printer pizza food?" she looked first to Dillon, to blink. Then to Vincent, to make sure he wasn't joking.

"They'd...transmit electronic data...from Earth to Space to...print....food? In space?" The implications and consequences she could only barely begin to enumerate in her now busy mind.

This truly was the Future and she clapped her hands daintily in appropriate glee at hearing of these Space Age developments.

"Such ingenuity! The Future must surely be brighter and more glorious! Scientia vincere tenebras!*"

Her smile is sweet and genuine, her enthusiasm at hearing this news is immediate. As she accepts a drink with a happy smile, she adds;
    "I say! Such a thing it would be to travel in Space! To see new worlds! I should very much wish to whizz to the stars and witness the interstellar phenomena. To explore the Beyond!" smiling to Vincent, Miach then Dillon and others nearby as remain in their orbit, she adds; "Do you think we're on the verge of a new Age of Exploration and Reconnaissance?" she asks generally. Clearly eager to hear what such worldly and clever folks think on her question.

[[OOC: * Scientia vincere tenebras = roughly, knowledge vanquishes darkness.]]
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Miach

PRE

Miach couldn't help but thank Reverb with a metaphorical tip of the hat as the man ordered something rum-y for him. Perfect. The talk of Space travel left him thoughtful, though. It was bound to be interesting... and the young woman's enthusiasm...

"Truly, Space will someday be as the sky is now. Something to be respected still, but mostly tamed. Such is mankind's gift that he can shape his environment, or tools to adapt. I wonder sometimes what won't be possible !" the doctor said.

There wasn't much to be said about Reverb's surgery. It was still a sore spot on Miach's conscious that he hadn't been able to save the man's eye. But between his talk of mankind's gift, and his increasing knowledge of the Truths, someday, someday he would mend even that !

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread