Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Basement X

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    I
    Irina

You descend the stairs from the spiral above and discover a door locked with a key card. If you have gotten yours from the Old Man; the door opens into a pool room. The most noticeable thing about this room is the Basement Board.

There is also a kitchenette area with a coffee pot and the means to make hot beverages. A cabinet reveals the top shelf liquor.

Plenty of stools and beat up chairs are flecked about the room. A few lobby style couches hold down the wall. The basement looks like a bunker.

How this works

I
    Irina

The urge to leave Sacramento for a couple of weeks had gripped Harlowe mere days after the events at the children's home. Or rather the former children's home. She had no idea if there had been any articles about the fire, or about the kid's being relocated somewhere else - she had expressly not taken any time to peruse newspapers while out of the city. The point of heading outside the city had been to gain some perspective, or relaxation or... whatever the fuck people did when they were stressed.

She had been stressed before. It came with the job: the regular ones and the Vigil. Harlowe had never met a Hunter who didn't feel the heat of carrying a Candle; and anyone who claimed to find it easy was a fucking liar or a psycho. Or both.

The problem was knowing, not when to just take a break, but when to quit. And Captain Sara Harlowe never quit. She got the job done, again and again, Sir! Being in Sacramento hadn't changed that. Being out of Sacramento had just reinforced the knowledge that the shit that went bump in the night was out there too, and she couldn't police the world.

Stepping back down into the basement elicited ambivalent feelings. She wasn't necessarily put out by being back down there, nor completely cheerful about being back home. It was more the sense of 'well, back again. Let's get to it'. At the very least, the Captain could catch up on what had been happening in the city in her short absence.

Noting that she was the first to arrive, Harlowe was vaguely relieved. She dumped a paper back of coffee and random nibbles onto the table - leftovers from her trip. Uncle Tommy had sent her packing with enough food to feed an army, but she wasn't too disappointed by that. Her freezer was now stuffed with a few pounds of meat that he'd sent over, too. Reflexively Harlowe headed to the pot and set it to boil. Within minutes the aroma of decent coffee filled the air.

C
    Cross

Doctor Marcus arrived shortly thereafter, bearing a medium pizza from the Hut and his backpack and wearing some nice-looking jeans and a grey t-shirt. He looked no better than Harlowe felt. He was being investigated by the police. He was trying to find some sort of time-fucking cult of robed men - maybe. Was that even it? His efforts to make a cell with Mike Harwood had fallen apart because the athlete and Doctorow couldn't see eye to eye.

Defeat after defeat, after defeat. If things had gone this poorly when he had been fighting the Slug or 'disposing of the body', as Mike had put it, Ryan knew he'd surely be dead.

I need a fuckin' win one of these days.

But for now, a couple of drinks would have to do. In reflection, he realized the thought was ironic. He was pretty good at killing monsters, he thought. He'd done in two in the last several months, through creative science or through guile and a trap. It was just everything else that was going poorly.

"Hey, Captain," he said with a small smile to the familiar Hunter woman. "Good to see ya. How you doing?" The Doc placed the pizza down on the counter, pulling a couple slices onto a paper towel and motioning with his free hand to the box in silent offering to the senior Hunter.

It was half Hawaiian - minus two slices - and half meat. Yum.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha was in a pissy mood, which was typical lately. After finding out Derevko was back and then he was all weird at the hospital… she had a stiff drink that evening. She walked directly past the bar when she saw Agent J Derevko and tried not to make eye contact. The detective figured after the day she saw him in the hospital, he’d had enough of her. In the long run, she was more bitter that she gave a damn and Derevko didn’t seem to give two shits that she did. Why do I bother.

Flipping her keycard at the door, she hit the stairs, desperately wanting a smoke and a cup of coffee, Daysha lit up when her feet hit the basement floor. Looking about, smelling pizza and seeing other stuff she shook her head.

“Alright, what is with all the food lately around here?” Daysha glanced around to the goodies on the table, the pizza and referencing the last few times they’d been in the basement.

Glancing to the coffee that was starting to percolate she decided not to hit the single serve machine for now. Even though it was quicker. Taking another drag she spoke again. “Hello Captain, Doc. What’s new?” It also occurred to her she hadn't seen the big lug of an athlete around lately. "Uh, anyone see Mike lately?"

Bandit comes down the stairs, he is carrying his cell phone, wallet, switchblade, and pen plus note pad. He glances about the three of them, he does his best to get an idea on their emotional states since he didn't want to add to their bad mood as he slowly walks over to the cardboard to grab a cup. As he finishes filling it with water, he takes out his note pad and flips through it, looking for a greeting. Finding it, he holds it up for a few minutes, it reads, Hey.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-29 13:49:27 Bandit rolls 7 to Wits + Empathy + Willpower (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 6, 2, 5, 5, 2, 9, 3 2 successes

- 1 Willpower

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    C
    Cross

Bandit can tell that Ryan is somewhat stressed. That stress is distracted by his delicious pizza warming his belly - cheese coating his tongue, delicious ham shredded by teeth. Pineapple juice, dripping down his hungry throat.

Mmmmmm...

1 sux to resist
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-29 13:57:40 Doc Marcus rolls 4 to Comp+Subterfuge to 'you ain't got shit' (10 Again) 1, 1, 3, 9 1 success

I'll follow this up with real post on my turn.

I
    Irina

The coffee poured, Harlowe raised the cup to her lips immediately - not to taste right away because it was still steaming hot, but to savour the incredibly strong scent of caffeine. There was something invigorating about the beverage, and of course, very addictive. "I'm still walking," she answered flippantly to the question posed by the Doctor. Her expression was slightly terse, Bandit could see. But for all he knew she was like that all the time. It didn't seem to be directed toward anyone or anything specific though.

Some days that was about as good an answer as a Hunter could give.

Harlowe peered around at the food - she wasn't complaining in the slightest. The desire to cook had dissipated recently, with no one to actually cook for. The flimsy hold that she had on non-Hunter pursuits was rapidly dwindling.

"A couple of days ago," she responded to the question regarding Mike.

1 success.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-29 18:37:41 Harlowe rolls 2 to Composure + Subterfuge -1 untrained (10 Again) 3, 8 1 success

C
    Cross

Doc Marcus smiled slightly at Harlowe's reply. Yeah, that sounded about right for all of them. As Jackson made her way down, he gave her a little wave. "Hey, Jackson. I like it, personally - even if it isn't the healthiest choice," he said with a shrug. "Want some?" As Bandit came down, he gave the thief a nod before replying to Daysha. "Can't say much is new, really... but I saw Mike a couple days ago too. Seemed okay." Reassuring; if Mike disappeared, that would have fucking sucked.

He actually didn't mind the big guy most of the time, when he wasn't angry. Their chat at his place had given Ryan a sense of what Mike thought important in other Hunters, even if he didn't end up becoming a part of his cell at that time.

"What's new with you?" he asked the cop, chomping the next bit of pizza after he did. Life was just better with pizza.

D
    Daysha Jackson

“Na, I’ll pass on it, but thanks Ryan.” Daysha wasn’t some chick who watched her figure for looks. She kept in shape so she could run down assholes or shit that went bump in the night. “Well glad you’re still walking Captain. Although did you have a near hit or something?” It wasn’t often she heard ‘still walking’. Sounded like something Derevko would say. Ugh, I need to get his crap out of my head.

“Okay so I’m the only one who hasn’t seen Mike huh.” There was a puzzled look on her face for a moment, till Bandit walked in.

Daysha was pretty transparent tonight, when Bandit walked in the door and began sizing them all up her brow cocked. She’d leaned back in the chair she sat in at the table and glared at him. There was a clear message to her body language ‘does it look like I’m in the mood for bullshit.’

Finally after a moment or two of glaring she asked in a curt tone. “What the fuck are you looking at?”

Failure and she’s not in a good mood
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-29 22:02:49 Daysha -wtf? rolls 5 to Comp+Sub (10 Again) 5, 7, 1, 7, 7 failure

1 Suxx to wtf
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-29 22:15:00 Daysha-stfu rolls 5 to Manip+Intimidation (10 Again) 2, 6, 9, 5, 2 1 success

If I did this wrong, let me know...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-31 20:18:20 Bandit rolls 5 to Composure + Resolve (10 Again) 4, 5, 6, 10, 7, 2 1 success

Bandit does his best to keep from reacting to Dayasha's tone. Looking away, writes, I was just thinking of how I would want to sketch this moment. Holding that up for a minute, he then takes his note pad, pen, and glass of water over to a table to sit down at, listening to get a better idea of what kind of events transpired.

Although he couldn't help but wonder, Mike?

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.