Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
The Spiral XIV

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    K
    Kazakin

Derevko stood up, looking towards the door. There were two reasons he walked through the door. One was that he was fucking innocent of whatever he was suspected of, because he didn't work for fucking monsters and never would, no matter how much was offered to him. Things that fucked with reality, with people, they needed to fucking stop.

And the other reason was that if anyone tried to grab him, they were being set the fuck on fire.

"Sure," he said, and walked around the bar, into the store room. He didn't have his gun on him.

Fuck, he didn't need his gun anyway.

I
    Irina

It didn't seem to occur to the Old Man that Derevko might have refused. After his statement he automatically stepped toward the store room, paused to let the scarred man walk ahead of him, before disappearing inside himself last of all. The door closed behind the two of them and, in the dimness of the back room it didn't even look as though the grizzled bar owner had actually shut the door himself. Realistically it was a trick of the light.

"So you started to carry a candle after your disappearing act," the Old Man stated, unblinking as he watched Derevko. "Timing there is suspect."

He did not specify why it might be suspect, choosing instead to remain his usual mysterious self.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko cocked his head.

"It's suspect that after a shitty experience with the supernatural that I started wanting to track down the supernatural and give it a fucking good beating?" the scarred Lucifuge Agent said. "What, do a lot of people just find out monsters exist in their morning Wheaties?"

Sure, he knew what the Old Man meant, but the question pissed him off, in the half-lit room.

Fucker was trying to unnerve him. That never went down well.

Tom blinks and then breaks into a smile and starts chuckling. "Aw, man, sorry, didn't even think. You mentioned IKEA and it made me think of a song by this guy named Jonathan Colton. He's, um, well, he does a lot of humor songs. The one he did about IKEA says it's for college kids and divorced men." Setting down his beer, he fumbles at his pocket for a moment, realizing how lame he must sound. Digging out his phone he pulls up the You Tube app. "Here, I'll show you."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Monty stretched in his seat, his long legs sticking out an angle. "This place has quite a colourful reputation, for instance. Going by the stories you hear - on the road, I might add - nearly everything has been done here at one time or another. Who knows what is going on beneath our feet as we speak?" He modulated his voice for an incredibly bad impersonation of Vincent Price. He switched back to his normal voice. "You're a local, right? So... As a local, have you heard of these tales as well. You know, the cultist coven; the trafficking and what not?"

Monty paused, as much to take a drink as to stop himself from blathering. "I am sorry if I'm rabbiting on. I like collecting urban legends and so forth. Bit of an amateur cultural detective. When I'm not engrossed in work. Which can be pretty enthralling too. I guess I just like to keep my imagination ticking over."

He took another, slower, drink. The pause was left deliberately for his new drinking buddy to chip in.

C
    Cross

Tony knew who Jonathan Coulton was. He'd played Portal when he was younger. "This was a triumph... I'm making a note here, huge success..." he muttered quietly with a little smirk. Yeah, even Girardi knew a game or two. "And most college kids have more money than I do. It's really rather unfortunate." He looked at the screen, his ears taking in the other conversations around him...

Listening in on WH Montgommery...

1 sux PER with modifier
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-20 19:17:07 Tony Girardi rolls 6 to Overhear Monty (10 Again) 6, 9, 1, 5, 6, 10, 10, 5 3 successes

I
    Irina

"Playin' dumb doesn't look good on you," The Old Man responded, his manner still gruff. That didn't necessarily mean very much, given that the bartender was usually gruff with anyone and everyone. This time however he paused, eyes narrowing and his head angled to one side as if listening to something on the periphery.

"You've chosen a side, then," he added somewhat distractedly.

Both xohgr and @WH Montgommery can roll manipulation + subterfuge to hide their conversation from listeners.

K
    Kazakin

"I ain't playin' dumb any more than you,"Derevko shot back. He might not be the most socially finesseful guy in the fucking world, but he wasn't going to betray the Lady. There was going to be Hell to pay, on both sides, but he was going to be loyal. "There ain't any sides to choose. It ain't a choice. Anyone who don't wanna see the weak and vulnerable preyed on is gonna make the same decision I did."

He gritted his teeth.

"I ain't ever been on the side of predators. I ain't gonna start now."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

0 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-21 15:20:34 Monty to be quiet rolls 4 to Manipulation 2 + Subterfuge 2 (10 Again) 7, 2, 4, 5 failure

x
    xohgr

Evan listened to the man describe the rumours about the Spiral. With a deep sigh he leaned back in his chair. He did not answer the man at first; instead looking at Derevko he could not help but cringe. Reminds me of when I first came here. All guns blazing, hot and heavy. So proud I figured it all out. Ha. More fool me. He thought as he watched the scarred officer talk to the old man.

Finally he turned his attention back to the man. "In my experience this place is just a bar. Same as every other bar. Maybe a little harder then some but meah. If you would like to hear stories. Well I got stories. Here, take my card. If you tune into my radio show you will hear all about urban legends and the like. But just a word of advice, some people here are violently closed minded. So just be careful."

OOC

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.