Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
The Spiral XIV

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    I
    Irina

The Old Man poured the different drinks with the care and diligence of a guy who knew his trade, and could have done it in his sleep. He barely had to turn and look at the bottles on the shelves to yank off the correct beverages: the soft drinks were right behind him, and the fridge door was pulled open. The ice was shoveled in and the glass topped high. The choice of drink did elicit a faint pause from The Old Man. Derevko had never struck him as a Coca Cola fan before.

The grizzled former DHS Geo agent was give a longer stare than usual, and the sharp blue eyes narrowed ever so slightly before he turned away to pull down two more pint glasses from a high shelf.

The Guinness and the 'something brown' was placed in front of the newer agents, and the money palmed wordlessly.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko gritted teeth that had taken a lot of abuse over his life. He supposed he was lucky to have been born with strong bones, and an urge to brush often or some shit along those lines. He took a breath.

It had been a long time, and he didn't want to be fucking scrutinised like some sort of bug. But he knew what sort of bar this was now, what sort of place he was in. He briefly closed his hard blue eyes.

"So. You and me, Old Man, I guess we got some talking to do as well," the scarred Agent said quietly.

Tom accepts the beer with a nod of thanks and then addresses Tony Girardi . "So, what's new?"

C
    Cross

Tony nodded to the crazy-haired guy. "You too," he said as Tom made his way to his seat. "Hey, Tom!" He took his drink with a nod and a 'thanks' to the Old Man before turning to Tom. "Not much, man. Just another night and another beer." He sipped at the Guinness. "Least it's a good beer!" A grin.

"How you doing, man?" he asked, relaxing some now that his partner was here.

I
    Irina

The Old Man leaned on the bar, one hand holding a recently opened bottle for another customer. He slid the drink across to the guy, but his attention remained entirely focused on the former Agent Derevko.

"Is that what you're thinkin'?" he stated gruffly.

K
    Kazakin

"Yeah, it is," Derevko said bluntly. "'Bout some looks you were fuckin' giving me, and the fact that there's a candle been lit some place."

In his case, it was a lot more fucking literal than it should have been. Some Hunters had a metaphorical candle.

His was a literal, physical torch. He could feel the fire in his chest, right now.

Harrison shrugs with a smile, "You know...same old, same old." He accepts the beer and takes a swallow. He grins in appreciation and nods. "Got some paperwork to catch up on, but there's always paperwork. You?"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Monty drinks slowly, absorbing the ambience of the bar. He doesn't speak; just listens to the flow of conversations about the bar. A sliver of doubt gnaws at his confidence. Just another dive snarled up in a loop of local myth and legend. Nothing for you here. Behind the mask of his quirky face, he struggles with doubt.

1 sux to overhear?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-11 04:21:26 Monty to perceive rolls 5 to Wits 2 + Composure 3 (10 Again) 8, 6, 6, 6, 1 1 success

All of a sudden he picks up a vibe: quiet words, flashes of heat, keywords he believes he knows. He stirs in his seat. Quickly, he realises how absurd and obvious he must look. Caught in a burst of self inflicted paranoia, he freezes.

Hide bind the drink. Hide behind the drink. D'oh!

K
    Kazakin

Derevko, probably much to the surprise of a lot of people who know him, manages to keep his voice down to a pretty inaudible murmur. The scarred Agent clearly knows this is serious business, and doesn't have any wish to be disturbed right now.

Plus the whole 'horrible abomination' thing doesn't go down too well.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-11 12:53:39 Jonathan Derevko rolls 3 to Manipulation 2 - 1 Untrained + 2 Ambient Conversation (10 Again) 6, 8, 9 2 successes

I
    Irina

The Old Man continued to speak in the same gruff but low voice. He knew his bar well, and was fully aware of which areas amplified sound or dulled it. He hadn't kept the basement secret all these years by speaking loudly to anyone who might wander by, alerting them to what really went on in The Spiral. His business was a place of well-kept secrets, and he intended to keep it that way.

He twitched only once, and it didn't appear to be at anything Derevko had said. His cold eyes peered in the general direction of the secure door some ways to the right of him, but he made no mention of it as he responded to the scarred man across from him.

"Haven't you heard? I give a lot of people fuckin' looks. You don't look too much the sort to worry about candles though."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-11 14:40:15 ST rolls 10 to Manipulation + Subterfuge +2 mod (10 Again) 5, 1, 3, 2, 1, 3, 4, 1, 6, 9 1 success

Just a little heads up, please wait for me to provide any result to rolls made instead of jumping ahead with your own results, Yumyumcrow. As the PCs are in a busy bar, perception rolls are subject to modifiers. Your previous post has been edited to reflect the above contested roll.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.