Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Mission: Lake (Private)

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    C
    Cross

Girardi gave the cave a long look and listen for any signs of trouble as they found it, then looked to his partner for a moment. He put his finger to his lips as if to indicate for a moment's silence, checking his pistol to make sure it was where it needed to be for a snap-draw if it was required. This was odd, but not particularly threatening. Indeed, he wondered if their vagrant was inside, or perhaps some other witness.

It couldn't hurt to knock politely. He stepped to such a place where he could be seen from inside, if someone was of a mind to look. With a final look to his partner, he called out calmly, "Federal agents. Anybody inside? We'd like to talk." His tone was polite and friendly, as if he was just a guy someone should want to talk to. The police are your friends!

3 sux to perceive, 7?!!!?!?!? sux to persuade anybody inside to come have a friendly chat
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-29 19:02:07 Tony Girardi rolls 9 to Real Friendly-Like, Come Talk if You're In There (Manip+Per+SL) (10 Again) 10, 6, 9, 9, 10, 10, 8, 1, 3, 5, 8, 3 7 successes
    2013-03-29 18:57:22 Tony Girardi rolls 6 to Perception (10 Again) 6, 7, 8, 7, 10, 10, 3, 7 3 successes

Huh, Tom thinks to himself as they actually manage to trace the prints, maybe I remember more than I thought...

He looks like he's about to call out when his partner holds up a hand for silence. He nods once in acknowledgement. Agent Harrison figures it makes sense. He had led them here, time for Girardi to take the lead. It seemed most likely that this was a sort of home for that bum the report mentioned. Whoever was here, the tracks seemed only to lead in, not back out. And they almost certainly knew at least something more than anyone else nearby.

Agent Harrison moves his hand near to his holster. He doesn't draw yet, Don't want to spook the locals, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

I
    Irina

From within the cave there is no answer. On the outside is the pleasant sound of the lake water lapping against the sides of the grass, but apart from that there is very little indication of life.

Giving the area just a cursory look though, the two agents would be able to see that the ground, grass and plant life looks far worse here than where they had left Jaeger. It was possible that they had found the main site of assumed dumping.

C
    Cross

Girardi frowned as the eerie silence went on. "Huh. I'll let Jaeger know what's up."He stepped back and sent a text to Leonard Jaeger . We got the fish and found something around the lake to the [DIRECTION] of where we came in, after following some tracks. Looks like it may have been where the dumping happened. You'll want to see this.

All that finished, he put his phone away on vibrate and produced his flashlight, Tony spoke quietly to Tom. "You want to see what's inside?"

It was a bit of a climb, but they might well find some relevant evidence inside. Or a mountain lion.

A mountain lion would certainly make their day interesting. Fucking hickville 'capitol city'...

Tom nods to his partner but asks, "Do you want to wait for Agent Jaeger?" It was more a question of professionalism than nerves, though something about the place was eerie. He doubted whatever -- if anything -- was going to leave before the Senior Agent arrived or responded, and if it did they had the exit covered. Unless there was another way out, in which case they were losing time, but it was likely anyone inside would already be on their way out. And they'd probably hear something at the very least.

Jaeger nods again his understanding to Newman. "It's a real mystery alright. Though I have the feeling the answer might be hidden in a petri dish. In the meantime I'll be in the area if your eyes and ears catch wind of anything. And if my cohorts catch any extra fish I'll drop them off before we leave."

A buzz in his pocket causes Jaeger to turn away, lifting his phone out and checking the message that came on the screen. "Hmm, looks like they found more than just fish. Gotta go." Jaeger steps back out through the doorway, heading towards the indicated direction Girardi had supplied him. He texts a quick message back while making large strides across the lakefront. On my way.

C
    Cross

Girardi eyed the cave for a moment, contemplating the danger level, and decided that for securing the scene's sake, having Jaeger around would make sense. Plus, if they got into trouble with a fucking mountain lion or a bear or whatever lived in caves, he wanted as many bodies as he could get around for that showdown. "Yeah, we should --"

The vibrating phone in his pocket was drawn out quickly, and Girardi smiled slightly. "Looks like Jaeger's on his way now." A shrug as he put it away and continued to watch the cave. "This plant life looks all manner of fucked up. Bet the lab might get some good information out of it."

C
    Cross

2 sux - forgot to roll dice to PERCEIVE THE MOUNTAIN LION!?!!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-04 17:07:51 Tony Girardi rolls 6 to Perception - WHAT OF THE MOUNTAIN LION (10 Again) 1, 7, 1, 9, 9, 4 2 successes

I
    Irina

Girardi can't see anything that could pose a danger for the agents. There wasn't so much as a bird, let alone a mountain lion. All that remained was to actually head up into the cave, to see if anything was up there worthy of their time.

Jaeger shows up, striding across the lakefront towards the agents. He eyes their surroundings curiously, wondering what they had discovered.

"What've you fellas got to show me?" he asked directly. Despite having asked, Jaeger himself is looking around for clues and details about the surroundings.
      Perception, 3suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-04-09 14:06:17 Lynx rolls 6 to perceive surroundings [WIT+COM] (10 Again) 3, 4, 3, 8, 6, 10, 8 3 successes

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.