Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Mission: Lake (Private)

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

"Well, I guess that means I'm buying the next round of drinks," Agent Harrison says with a shit-eating grin. He's clearly very glad that he didn't have to drag in the catch of the day, and that they didn't have to try to muddle around in a boat to get them. He glances over to where Agent Jaeger is clearly trying to dig up some more information.

"While you get those on ice I'm going to take a quick look around, see if anything else jumps out at me. I'll be back shortly and we can catch up with Jaeger." With that, Agent Harrison begins a walk around the shore of the lake, keeping a sharp eye out for anything suspicious or unusual that may have been missed during or turned up since the initial investigation.

2 suxx before any penalties, including specialty
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-22 22:55:53 Agent Harrison rolls 8 to Int or Wits (both are 3) + Investigation 4 + specialty (crime scenes) (10 Again) 1, 3, 10, 5, 6, 2, 6, 9, 3 2 successes

I don't know if the specialty will apply here. It is technically a crime scene, but the site is old, so maybe not? I included it just in case

I
    Irina

Jaeger

A faint rattle from within suggested that someone was inside the hut, and Newman materialised from behind a shelf a few seconds later. "Agent Jaeger yes, I remember. What can I do for you?"

At the lake

As Harrison looked around he can see somewhat faded footprints in the mud, a little bit closer to the lake. It looked like a single person had been walking while dragging their feet a little bit. Oddly the shoe sizes for each foot are different.

C
    Cross

Girardi nodded to Tom. "All right. I'll catch up to you in a sec," the wet Fed said as he finished securing the freshest catch of the day. Once he had, he made tracks following Harrison around the lake to catch up to his partner. His eyes scanned the area for any signs of trouble as he went.

2 sux PER
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-25 12:17:43 Tony Girardi rolls 6 to Perception (10 Again) 4, 3, 10, 7, 4, 7, 10, 2 2 successes

Agent Harrison glances up as his partner catches up. "Take a look at this," he says, pointing at the footprints. "Different sizes, and the drag mark. Could be a limp, or even a prosthesis. I wonder where the prints lead?" Agent Harrison glances forward, following the prints with his eyes first before heading after them.

How clear is the trail of these prints? Is it just a few clear prints to look at and needing a roll to follow, or is it clear enough to see where they came from and went?

C
    Cross

Girardi frowned as he took a knee next to the prints, looking down at them and thinking over the usual explanations. "Could be. Or a guy who's wearing two different shoes. Wasn't there a hobo around here at one point...?" A shrug. "Where does it lead...? We probably ought to bring Jaeger if it goes a ways."

1 sux - natural explanations
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-25 22:19:50 Tony Girardi rolls 4 to Int+Sci - natural explanations! (10 Again) 4, 2, 9, 1 1 success

2 sux invest to assist further investigation
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-25 22:30:19 Tony Girardi rolls 4 to Assist Sherlock (Wits+Invest) (10 Again) 4, 9, 9, 7 2 successes

I
    Irina

It'll be an extended Int + Survival roll to track the semi-clear footprints. -1 extended 5 successes, please.

Girardi can see that the footprints extend further afield, although it's difficult to tell when they would stop. There's a lot of lake to go around; but he does know that only one side of the lake has actually been cordoned off. It stands to reason the footprints would not go past the cordon.

C
    Cross

Girardi frowned. "I don't know sweet fuck all about tracking, man. You want to take the lead on this? I'll help as best as I can, but..." A shrug. They'd be muddling through it. He didn't get a lot done in the first bit of time, but occasionally was able to help out with a bit of information here and there.

assist rolls
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-26 17:32:48 [05] Tony Girardi rolls 1 to Assist Tracking (10 Again) 10, 3 1 success
    2013-03-26 17:32:48 [04] Tony Girardi rolls 1 to Assist Tracking (10 Again) 1 failure
    2013-03-26 17:32:48 [03] Tony Girardi rolls 1 to Assist Tracking (10 Again) 8 1 success
    2013-03-26 17:32:48 [02] Tony Girardi rolls 1 to Assist Tracking (10 Again) 6 failure
    2013-03-26 17:32:48 [01] Tony Girardi rolls 1 to Assist Tracking (10 Again) 5 failure

Jaeger acknowledged Newman with a nod and answered, "I've brought a couple agents with me today. They're outside. Basically from what we discovered about the chemical agents from the dumping is that they dissolve or evaporate after a time so we weren't able to get much from chemical testing. So we've come back in hopes to collect some fish that might still have traces of the stuff inside them. That and to ask around for more witnesses to the dumping. It alright if I ask what your tests turned up or if you've seen any other attempts at dumping in the lake?"

Share and share alike.

"Yeah, you're probably right. Probably just wearing different sized shoes, but it's worth noting." He glances at the tracks, gesturing at the drag marks. "See how the tracks aren't sharp or clear, they have a drag to them. Who ever left these might be injured, or might have a permanent limp of some sort. Narrows the field a bit. No blood though, so if it's an injury it might be a sprain or a pulled muscle or something."

He looks up and sighs deeply. "I knew I should have paid more attention in Boy Scouts. Let's go."

5 suxx over 5 attempts....if we get that many :)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-27 16:42:10 Agent Harrison rolls 3 to Int 3 + Survival 0 - 1 [untrained] + 1 [Girardi's assist] -- Roll 5 (10 Again) 4, 6, 8 1 success
    2013-03-27 16:41:36 Agent Harrison rolls 2 to Int 3 + Survival 0 - 1 [untrained] -- Roll 4 (10 Again) 3, 1 failure
    2013-03-27 16:41:16 Agent Harrison rolls 3 to Int 3 + Survival 0 - 1 [untrained] + 1 [Girardi's assist]-- Roll 3 (10 Again) 7, 6, 10, 7 1 success
    2013-03-27 16:40:39 Agent Harrison rolls 2 to Int 3 + Survival 0 - 1 [untrained] -- Roll 2 (10 Again) 5, 8 1 success
    2013-03-27 16:40:21 Agent Harrison rolls 2 to Int 3 + Survival 0 - 1 [untrained] -- Roll 1 (10 Again) 9, 9 2 successes

I rolled each separately as the assist rolls changed the dice values. Also, I don't know if we'll get 5 attempts or not, but all things considered, these were some fantastic rolls!

I
    Irina

Jaeger

Newman ceased trying to tidy up the small hut. He hadn't really made a dent, by the simple fact that it was too small a space with two many items contained within it. The owners probably could have expanded a bit, but the closure on this side of the lake had halted renovation plans.

"Possible medical dumping - we intended to take fish samples, same as you. Great minds and all. The nosy neighbors claimed to have seen their vagrant though, about three weeks ago. Had a look around but I couldn't see any sign of containers or such. The lake and the surrounding area got real bad again though."

He jerked a thumb in the direction of the outside. "But look at it now, it looks cleaner. I sure as Hell don't get how though."

Harrison and Girardi

It took some time for the agents to navigate their way around the lake, and occasionally it looked as though the footprints might peter out entirely. But through perseverance and good old-fashioned investigation, Harrison and Girardi were able to follow the prints toward a small cove. It was out of the way, about five feet above their heads and slightly covered by bushes. It would have been easy to miss if not for the footprints.

They led no further than that spot.

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.