Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Mission: Lake (Private)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    I
    Irina

The area surrounding Folsom Lake would have looked very familiar to Agent Jaeger. The barrier was still up, surrounding a decent portion of their side of the lake. The same security guard was there; although presumably he had had time to take a break in the proceeding months.

A little further back was the same house, with the same near pristine garden. The old man and his wife aren't out front this time, but a car is in the driveway to suggest that they are actually home.

C
    Cross

Tony's Ford Mustang pulled in to park by the barricade, the handsome Agent at the wheel. As he stopped the car, he removed his sunglasses and placed them inside his suit jacket, checking his badge, vest and gun briefly before stepping out of the car. Agents Jaeger and Harrison had been offered a ride; the senior agent naturally had the option of riding shotgun if he so chose. "All set?" he asked any other who was riding with him. He looked out upon the scene and the barrier, wondering what lay beyond.

"By the by, I'm shitty at fishing. Might be best if I talk to witnesses. Either of you any good?"

Please, dear God, let Harrison be good at fishing.

Tom steps out of the car looking the quintessential agent out of his depth. The only addition to the suit he normally wears is the pair of sunglasses to keep off the glare of the California sun. He heads over to the trunk with a signal for Agent Girardi to pop it open. He pulls out a rod, net and a tackle box. Fishing isn't exactly Tom's thing, but he had gone out a time or two with his Father, and during his short stint with the Boy Scouts. Of course, he'd never actually caught anything.... maybe Girardi knows what he's doing.

Gear in hand he nods to his partner and looks to the senior agent. "Ready as I'll ever be."

Jaeger rides shotgun, his arms folded. What good is a company car if we're just going to take a suped-up Mustang, thought the Agent begrudgingly. It was hardly a low-profile presence they were advertising, coming in a muscle car. Still, better than his crappy vehicle. Jaeger really needed to trade it in for something usable.

The Agent exits the Mustang with the others, holding the silver case that had been given to them by the lab tech. He recognizes the area and the guard standing just outside the contaminated area. "That's our first stop," he says to Tony & Tom before walking towards the barrier. "Get your badges out," he instructs the other agents, not wanting a repeat performance of his own lame greeting the first time he was here.

Jaeger takes out his DHS:Geo badge and holds it out to the guard at the front of the barrier. "Agent Jaeger from Homeland. These are my team members, Agent Harrison, and Agent Girardi. We're here for a follow up and a little fishing."

C
    Cross

Girardi followed Jaeger out with a nod, curious about why the senior Agent was looking cross in the car but putting it aside to focus on the mission at hand. With a practiced motion, he produced his badge and raised it so the guard could see it. He'd done it a thousand times at Customs. Hopefully he wouldn't have to do a thousand more before he got out of the shitpile that was Geosciences.

Agent Harrison quickly follows suit, producing his badge easily. He holds it up for easy visual inspection and follows the other two Agents toward the lake. He waits for Agent Jaeger's lead on this one. After all, he'd already been out here once and knew the score better than Harrison did. As he waits quietly, projecting that 'no-sense-of-humor Fed aura -- or at least trying too -- he glances around, taking in their surroundings detail by little detail.

I
    Irina

As they approach the barrier, the security guard motioned for Harrison and Girardi to move closer so that he might check their badges. Jaeger got a cursory glance, being that he and the guard had conversed extensively the first visit; the guard clearly recognised the senior agent. It took only a moment to verify the badges of the junior agents, and once that was done he stepped back and pushed the manual barrier up to admit them.

"Back again so soon?" he questioned dryly, the remark posed to Jaeger.

"Until we find the people responsible you'll be seeing a lot of us," answered Jaeger calmly as he passed through the opening the guard provided them. Not that Jaeger wanted to stick around when so many chemicals were involved. The agent surveyed the area behind the barrier to see just how much had changed since he'd been there last.
      Observe the Contaminated Area
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-11 01:47:29 Lynx rolls 6 to observe the surrounding area at Folsolm Lake [Wits+Comp] (10 Again) 4, 4, 3, 8, 7, 9 2 successes

C
    Cross

Girardi smiled politely, the handsome Agent's charisma oozing as it often did as he put his badge away, figuring he ought to take a moment to ask the guard a question. "Hey, since I've got you for a moment, I just thought I'd ask - do you happen to know any of the folks who are around here a lot? Might be of help to know who's in the area and might have seen anything."

3 sux to persuade him to help us out!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-11 01:51:39 Tony Girardi rolls 8 to Manip+Persuasion+SL4 (10 Again) 5, 9, 9, 7, 8, 2, 2, 5 3 successes

Agent Harrison waits patiently as the guard examines their badges more closely. Well, he's attentive to his job, at least. I wonder if that's new since the Feds showed up? He smiles wryly to himself at the thought and heads past the checkpoint after he's cleared.

Once through Harrison begins looking around the area, wishing he had a bit more information. Maybe he'd take a moment to look around after they got settled. Of course, if the place is really toxic, the fish might all be dead anyway... maybe we should have grabbed a net instead.

"Alright, Agent Jaeger, where do you want me?" He asks the man in charge. "Start setting up shop here, or is there a better place do you think? I can take a look around as well, see if there's anything new."

1 suxx to look around
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-13 11:53:11 Agent Harrison rolls 6 to perception (10 Again) 4, 10, 5, 5, 3, 7, 4 1 success

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.