Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Why so curious?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha drove over to the curiosity shop. And oddly enough she was hella curious as to what was in store there. Literally.

Still puzzled and trying to do the math in her head between how the hell she went to call Grimm at the college and ended up with a different number. Unless he just moved it with him, but this was probably not as important as what questions she had from his book.

After a few bouts of pondering, and piecing together what she was going to ask the guy, her Dodge Charger pulled into Franklins Curiosities. The store front didn't look too ominous but more like quaint. It also looked like something some sweet grandma would own. Why anyone would want to break in and steal from here was odd. The Detective glanced around outside, as she almost always did when she arrived some place new. It was just an instinct more or less as she walked to the door and opened the door.

2 suxx looking outside before walking in
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-27 23:03:37 Daysha rolls 7 to Perception (10 Again) 2, 2, 10, 4, 3, 2, 10, 4, 1 2 successes

I
    Irina

As far as Daysha can see from the outside, the street is perfectly serene. She can see the University campus from where her car is parked and, the closest people she can see are a couple of students quite a distance away. The shop front is quiet too, not even a peep sounding from inside.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha walked into the shop after surveying the outside. Since the campus wasn't far, maybe the shop was some sort of extension services for the University. Who the hell knows, she'd probably find out sooner or later.

She couldn't shake out odd that phone call was. Then again, her life seemed to be nothing but fucking odd. She was a hunter, the Detective should have expected it by now. Carefully, Daysha walked into the store. Trying not to possibly bump into anything and break it. Maybe something left over her mother use to bitch at her about. She was surprised she didn't automatically stick her hands in her pocket... well, then again, when she thought of this her hands had instinctively slipped into them. Damn it mother.

I
    Irina

A few seconds after the door was pushed open, sending the bell stop the frame into a jingling frenzy, Alastor Grimm exited the back room. His dark brown eyes surveyed the compact shop floor before resting on Daysha, his gaze moving up and down in his scrutiny. It didn't look as though he were checking her out for flirting purposes, but for security. That wasn't so shocking, considering the break-in a few months ago.

He stepped toward Daysha with his hand outstretched.

"Miss Jackson, I presume?"

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha had briefly looked around the shop until she saw the man from the cover of the book emerge from the back. Her own gaze surveying the man approaching. It was like a quick glance-off or something.

When he stepped toward her, she could only assume it was him. The Detective's hand reached out to meet his shaking it firmly, but not forcefully; certainly not girly. "That's correct, Mr. Alastor Grimm?" Her head ticked slightly to the side in question.

I
    Irina

The tall gentleman responded to the question with a slight tilt of his head. "I am, yes." He spread out a hand toward a door behind the dark wooden counter. "There are chairs in the back and less chance of breaking expensive items, shall we?"

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha wasn't sure if his note of breaking things was just a routine precaution, or if he was being an assumptive dick. But, she was about to judge him so quickly just because she was already squicked on the phone.

"Wonderful and yeah that'd be great. Thank you for speaking with me on short notice as well." Agreeing with ease and no change in her normal tone or facial features. So, she thought she'd attempt some small talk and the Detective casually asked. "Do things often get broken in your store Mr. Grimm?"

Failed to read him so far
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-03-04 17:12:04 Daysha rolls 6 to Empathy (10 Again) 3, 2, 6, 3, 4, 3 failure

I
    Irina

Alastor led the way behind the desk and pushed aside the door to reveal a slightly larger, emptier space beyond. It looked like storage space, should anything from the main shop need to be taken through. Currently the only items of furniture were a couple of wooden book cases, a table and four chairs. Directly opposite the internal door was a backdoor. While it wasn't necessarily the cosiest of places, it was functional as either a meeting space or eating area for breaks.

He stepped all the way in, away from the door so that Daysha could head in after him.

"Not at all, not at all." Alastor pulled aside a chair and seated himself. At the back of the room, partially hidden from view by one of the bookcases, a black dog was curled up and sleeping quite soundly.

"Ah, this isn't my shop. I merely watch over it when the owner is away. He's rather finicky about his merchandise."

D
    Daysha Jackson

It was certainly odd to the detective to see a larger storage area than the store, but it wasn’t that big of a deal at the moment. Briefly skimming the room she noticed it was lightly furnished with a few mundane things. Following him to the table that was off behind a book case, Daysha was glad he at least sat down. It put her at ease more than she thought. Although she wasn’t paranoid, she had to keep her guard up with shit like this.

Sitting in the chair across from him at the table, she saw the dog sleeping. It started to scream mom and pop store very quickly. “Ah well that makes sense. I’d probably hate for something to be broken when I was watching someone else’s property too.” Daysha conceded his view of the matter.

“Finicky, I don’t hear that word too often.” Daysha raised her brows in subtle amusement. “Franklin, is it?” Wondering if the shop name had anything to do with the owner.

I
    Irina

"I find it's a rather apt word to use in this case," Alastor remarked dryly, as leant back in the chair. "And yes, Alfred Augustus Franklin is the owner of the premises," he confirmed Daysha's query.

"Would you care for refreshments?" he asked, belatedly considering that the woman might want something to drink before they began talking about the contents of his rather extensive book.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.