Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

After receiving Teo's letter, Max had given a call to one of the men the pious Brother had mentioned. After arranging a convenient time to meet with Hans at Avalon, Max had made arrangements to use one of the private rooms in the Elysium. He really needed to find a place where he could talk with the various Kindred interested in joining the Order, away from the Chapter House. He had a feeling the recent appointment to Regent was going to mean a lot more interest in the Order...

But for tonight, it was only one man; and Max waits patiently for Hans to arrive in the subterranean portion of the club.

The grand wyrm didn't have to wait long for Hans to arrive. The stoic german arrived right on the time they had agreed upon.
    "Good evening Regent Heinz. I'm honored to meet you." Hans offered the man his hand, giving the man a friendly smile which let the scarred right side of his face contort in a truly disgusting way.
    [vtr]
    Hans
    BP:1 vitae: 3/10
    Presence:2 (stern)
    disfigurement flaw: a disgusting scar stretching from his chin all the way past is mouth and to his eyebrows. It has healed quite badly, as if somebody just stitched it close and hoped for the best.

[?

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max stands as Hans enter the area, walking over to take the offered hand and giving it a firm shake. The man's Beast called out to his own, his demanding that he grab the man by his scarred cheek and rip the smile from his face. It only takes the Grand Wyrm a few moments to put his Beast back into it's cage, the Mekhet wondering just where the other man had gotten his facial souvenir.

"Good evening, Mr Osterman. I've been told you're interested in learning more about the Order. I've taken the liberty of reserving a private room where we can talk with a little more privacy. If you'll follow me?"

Max leads the other Kindred to one of the private rooms, opening the door and walking in while waiting for Hans to join him and close the door.

"Of course, lead the way." Hans responded and followed the mekhet towards the private room. As soon as he entered he sat down, waiting for the grand wyrm to do the same before he started talking.
    "I must thank you for taking the time to see me Regent Heinz. I don't doubt you have quite a lot of kindred plying to join the covenant after your victory in the debate. Especially with the plans you laid out." Hans started in a calm tone. trying his best not to let his nervousness at being in the same room as a vastly more powerful kindred show. "And I will admit I find those rules you proposed in the debate do apeal a lot to me." Hans decided it was just better to be completely honest about everything then to keep those things back. He always sucked at lying or social subtility anyway. No point in pitting those meager skills against herr heinz.

"my interest in the order and its philosophy is more then just having acces to easy feeding rights. The very concept that our curse might not be as insurmountable as it seems intrests me, as do the snippets of philosophy I managed to pick up during my conversation with keeper Villiers. I was hoping to join the covenant to nurture that urge to learn more."
    [vtr]
    Hans
    disfigurement flaw: a disgusting scar stretching from his chin all the way past is mouth and to his eyebrows. It has healed quite badly, as if somebody just stitched it close and hoped for the best.

[?

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max stands for the moment, listening intently to Han's answers. He has to repress a sigh; he had expected a rush of Kindred eager to join the Order for feeding rights. So far there had only been two vampires that had expressed an interest in joining the Order; he hoped that was a good sign about people's intentions. Somehow, he doubted it.

He nods at Han's answer, turning over the man's words for a few moments before responding. "Mr Osterman, let's... put aside the issue of the Regency in Florin for the moment.

The Ordo Dracul isn't a political or religious organization like the other Covenants. You say you have spoken with Herald Villiers. In that case, I will assume she has explained, probably in through detail, what we believe in and perhaps even a little about how we go about our studies. But I have to ask, has she outlined the dangers that come with that research?

The knowledge we gain through our studies can be a powerful tool to overcoming the limits of this frail shell; but the risks we accept to gain that knowledge are considerable. Succeed and you gain control over your Beast, over your Thirst, even over the damage fire and sunlight cause to our kind. Fail, and you are destroyed. And I do not mean that figuratively, more than one Dragon was turned into a mindless Abomination that had to be put down."

Max pauses for a few moments, finally setting down as he gives his words time to sink in with Hans. Once he was comfortable, the Grand Wyrm looks back to the other Kindred. "So, Mr Osterman, why do you feel justify placing yourself, the Ordo Dracul, and the general population of Sacramento at risk?"

His tone makes it clear he was not belittling the man; he was simply laying out the truth to Hans, and was eager to hear the man's response.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

48 hour nudge
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

At the mention of the dangers hans wasn't really suprised. If it was without risk everybody would have gotten in on their research and used it for themselves already.
    "No she hadn't outlined any of the dangers, or even hinted at the fact that there where dangers connected to the research. Though I guessed there where quite a few. Nothing, especially what you gave as examples, comes for free or without danger in this world." Now hans intrest was quite peeked, he had no idea the ordo had came that far in their knowledge that they actually managed to do those things. He wondered how exactly they managed to supress their thirst.
    "Why I feel justified in putting the domain in danger? I think for the same reasons as everybody else who joins the domain. Because they want to learn more about what kindred are and how to get around our weaknesses so much that they are willing to put things at risk for that knowledge. I'm also quite willing to go with any rules you and the other ordo members want me to follow to minimize or nullify any damage I could do to the ordo." Hans started. Trying to put his motives into words as good and as bad as he could. making it obvious that hans wasn't a good speaker in the least. He also wanted to say he was quite a strongminded fellow, and if he managed to wade through the hell that was world war one's trenches he most likely could handle what they where going to throw at him. But for some reason he thought that would be a bit overconfident. and overconfidence led always to ones fall.
    [vtr]
    Hans

[?

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max listens intently to Hans' answers. He didn't lack for confidence, much like another recently admitted member of the Order. He's silent for a long few seconds, trying to decide how to best test the man before him.

Hans might not be the best orator that Max had heard, but that wasn't really a requirement to join the Dragons...

"Very well, Mr Osterman, you certainly seem to have the drive to become a member of the Order. Let's see if you have the skills for it as well. I want you to compose a thesis paper for me; on the development of the US space program post World War II and it's use and effectiveness as a propaganda tool during the Cold War.

Once you have completed the work, I will take it to the other members of the Order for review. If we agree your paper shows promise, I will invite you to meet with the Chapter at-large and allow you to state your case to them personally.

Does this sound fair to you, Mr Osterman?"

"That does sound fair." Hans said with a stoic face. "What is the time limit on that paper?" He really hoped it was quite long, he probably was going to need to find out how to write a thesis paper itself before he could get started on the thesis. Either way, he was going to need to work through the days to get this thing done on time.
    [vtr]
    Hans

[?

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max shakes his head softly at the man's question, glad to see he agreed to the terms of the proposal. "No, feel free to take as much time as you wish. One of the advantages of our condition is the length of vision it allows us. And if you do become a member of the order, you'll have to get used to long nights of research.

Do you have any other questions for me before I let you begin your work, Mr Osterman?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread