Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Private) Albert meets with Regent Heinz

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    S
    Savnok

Albert had with him a manilla envelope containing the the gift he had ready for Max Heinz . How Heinz would react was a variable he could not make certain of.

He stood waiting in the Common Area of Court.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Albert doesn't have to wait long, a few minutes later Max comes out of one of the private rooms he had reserved for tonight's meeting. He wasn't worried about discussing the Order here. Even if the Prince had the place bugged, which Max had no doubt Asa had, it wasn't like His Grace was going to overhear anything tonight he didn't already know.

He offers a friendly wave to Sawyer, drawing closer before greeting the other man with a lop-sided smile and an outstretched hand. "Good evening, Mr Sawyer. Glad to see you could make it tonight..."

S
    Savnok

Upon seeing Heinz, Albert gave the slightest nervous twitch. Former Reeve. Damn you Velma. I was happier not knowing. Appearances were indeed frighteningly deceptive. The Ventrue responded with a smile that lasted a millisecond longer than it should have been. He was uncertain what to speak although he figured being in Court, best bet was to state Max's new status. Sawyer gave the Mekhet a polite handshake, "Pleasure to see you as well Regent Heinz." He then let go, "Shall we find ourselves a place to chat?" gesturing with his left hand.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

"Indeed. I've had a room set up so we could speak with a little more privacy. If you'll follow me?" Max nods towards the private rooms, leading Albert to one of them and opening the door. He steps inside, waiting for the other man to join him and close the door before speaking again.

"So, Mr Sawyer, what is it about the Ordo Dracul that has piqued your interest, hmm?" His tone was informal, his body language relaxed as he placed his hands into the pockets of his black slacks. They could have just as easily been having a conversation about the weather it seemed.

S
    Savnok

Albert follows Max as he leads him along, keeping his enveloped firmly in his grip by his side. "Thank you Regent Heinz," he replied when the Mekhet opened the door him and he entered. The Ventrue maneveured around the table to sit directly across from the Regent. Max's non-threatening body language and Martha's reminder that peace reigns here in Elysian Fields, helped settle his nerves. Don't piss him off and you'll be fine...

Sawyer spoke calmly in return, "Despite what my appearance may have others believe, my interests, in the Ordo Dracul is its dedication to education." He tries to bolster his case further, "I learned through a small business class that trying something new is critical to improvement. How we go about it is just as important. By taking small risks one can gain better insights. With perserverance, and longevity granted to us by our condition, we can eventually overcome all limitations." He finishes with an indirect appeal to Max's intelligence, "If I recall correctly, Thomas Edison once said when speaking of his lightbulb, “I have not failed. I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work.”"

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max smiles a little at Albert's answer, at the part about Thomas Edison and the light bulb; possibly because he remembers when the electric light bulb was a miraculous invention that brought light into the night. Mentally waving away the thought, Max nods his head slightly. "Very true. But when Edison made a mistake with a light bulb, it didn't come to life and try to kill him..."

Max takes a seat across from Albert, pausing a moment to gather his thoughts before speaking again. "You say you learned to take small risks, Mr Sawyer. Unfortunately, the Dragons do not deal in small risks. We deal in large ones; ones that if not managed correctly can have disastrous consciences.

That is why, as the Grand Wyrm, I have to be very selective about who joins the Order. With that in mind, why do you feel you have the abilities to allow you to succeed in an environment where failure could mean Final Death?"
    Might was well start with the big questions first...

S
    Savnok

At first he was content with Max's response - the quote had allowed for an initial good vibe. The Ventrue thought this wouldn't be as difficult as his anxiety had originally led to him to believe. Then Max asked the classic "What can you do for me?" with an added kick. Final Death was something he sought an answer to and Heinz was the gatekeeper.

"Well, Regent Heinz, Grand Wyrm of the Ordo Dracul, as I had previously stated, small experiments can yield great insights. Obviously as we both are able to rebound from events that would otherwise devastate a Kine's wellbeing, we can afford such greater risk."

"I was born and raised in Las Vegas," He gestured to himself to express confidence in himself. "A city no doubt where risk is as abundent as the air. It was from this environment I became comfortable with larger than life challenges. Lady Luck is a harsh and fickle mistress. I am cognizant of how she can change her mind on a whim."

Albert's hands opened outward once more, "My talents include research and the ability connect the dots if you will. Economics has a way of being impacted by a myriad of seemingly unrelated and completely coincidental occurences. Some events as simple as the decimal point being one-tenth in error can yield great misfortune. Again, another risk I willingly take when I engage in the stock market."

Sawyer leaned foward to convey his beliefs, "In my short time here in Sacramento, I have come to recognize worldly wealth, albeit enjoyable, is only one piece of the puzzle that is the Requiem. In meeting with other Dragons, I have come to realize, spiritual growth is necessary for a better existence." His voice resonated with sincerity, "If nothing else, I will crumble into ash knowing I was pursuing enlightenment."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

48 hour nudge
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Max listens intently to Albert as he answers his question. If nothing else, it gives the Grand Wyrm insight into how the other Kindred thinks, and how he would approach the great work. Max's first impression was that Albert seemed the mathematical type, and Sawyer wouldn't be the first Kindred Max had met that approached to problems of their body's weaknesses through that medium.

He takes a few moments to think over Albert's answers, pondering the best way to test the man. Finally, he comes up with an idea that seems practical and painless...

"Very well, Mr Sawyer. You certainly seem to have the drive to succeed in the Order. Now let's see if you have the academic ability as well.

I want you to prepare for me a paper, outlining the reasons behind the collapse of the Roman Empire; and the lasting effects it had on the advancement of science and technology in the following years. Once you have the paper prepared, present it to me and I will review it with other members of the Order. If we find your work satisfactory, you will be invited to speak with the other Dragons and present your case to them in person."

If Max could use term papers to judge his students, he might as well use the same technique to judge prospective Order students as well...

S
    Savnok

Rome?...Why the hell Rome? It was like lightning. At his Acknowledgement, Martha mentioned, "The Genius of Rome." Sawyer felt an eerie chill. There must be something very significant hidden in the history of the Romans.

The Ventrue nodded and responded with confidence, "Yes, Regent Heinz, sir. I will have that document for you as quickly as possible," Best to make sure all of the bases were covered, "Are there any specific requirements that you would wish to see met?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.