Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Dinner For Two

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

Eclipse toasts the man and says "I'm VP of an Investment Firm. If you don't mind, I'd rather not say which one. We're some of the good guys during this unfortunate economic downturn, however, I assure you."

Mirage toasts with the others. "I practice law," She explains when Eclipse had finished.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, of course," Victor nods vigorously and sincerely to Eclipse. "I mean... you look like one of the 'good guys', after all." He turns his attention to Mirage, then asks, "What sort of law? Can I call you for a DUI?"
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Mirage laughs a little, "you could but I'd probably say you shouldn't drink and drive." His other question she leaves alone, there was enough business talk being passed around this table.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

He laughs politely, and finishes he glass. "Well, welcome to Sacramento," he smiles and stands. "I have to run, though, earn my paycheck and all."
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

"I think we can understand that." Eclipse chuckles and looks at Mirage. Looking back to Victor he says "Again, it was a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for the champagne, it's quite delicious."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Narration

Victor gives a curt nod, and returns to his table. He drops a few green bills, then leaves the restaurant, giving the couple a friendly wave as he passes them again.

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

As the man leaves Mirage's and Eclipse's food arrives, and Eclipse digs in. He eats quietly for a few moments, then he looks up at Mirage, wipes his mouth with a napkin, and says curiously "What do you suppose he meant by 'welcome to Sacramento?' We never mentioned being new to the city."

Mirage cuts a small piece of the meat that arrived and tastes it then follows it up with a bit of wine - her glass of champagne was finished and she didn't really feel like drinking more of it. "I'm not sure," she answers, speaking softly and trying to keep her eyes down at her plate to make it look like casual conversation. "The whole thing seemed a little strange. I mean, why the interest in us." She glances up from the food and looks around spotting another couple, giggling over wine glasses, at a table not to far from them. "Why not them? Or anyone other person.." Looking back to her food and taking another savory nibble off the plate she thinks for a moment, "did your Sight pick up anything?"

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

Eclipse shakes his head, chewing a bite of tender veal. He swallows and says "Nothing, but that doesn't mean anything. I didn't want to seem rude and look like I was starting, else I may have gotten a better look at his pattern. I may still be able to figure him out, those who walk my path have their ways."

He pours himself another glass of wine. It simply went better with the food in his opinion.

He shrugs and smiles at her. "I don't want to talk about strange Asian-looking acquisitions assessors anymore. I simply want to enjoy my dinner with you. It's been quite a while since we've been out together like this."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread