Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

MVP Sports Bar - Hockey Night!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Ciara Maskelyne

Anya was just about to answer Vincent, when she gets a rather annoyed look on her face. Reaching down into her pants, she grabs her cell phone out while giving the man an embarrassed frown. "One moment, please..."

She looks down at the text message and scowls. It seems she would have to cut her little excursion short tonight... "Pizdets..." From the muttered tone, it was clear whatever the Ogress was saying was not polite. She sighs softly, tucking the phone back in her pocket before looking back to Vincent.

"I am afraid I must leave. We will have to continue our conversation another time, Vincent. I hope to see you again..." She downs the double in one go, then slap money on the bar to pay for her drink.

As she turns to leave, she gives Skaald a slight smirk as she answers. "Kiev." It's all the answer she has time for, Anya slipping her hood up and heading out the door.

OOC

As the girl from Kiev takes off Skaald shrugs and turns back to his friends at the bar. Damn, he thinks to himself. Should have asked for her name first...

He takes a drink and is about to open his mouth to say something when a particularly brutal cross-check is caught on the screen. He grins as a fight starts to break out on the ice. "Now that's what I'm talking about! It's a real fucking sport!"

C
    Cross

The girl leaving was unfortunate. Especially since he was pretty sure the Norseman was going to attempt the ascent. That would have been an amusing chat to watch. He shrugged to Skaald, as if to say next time, buddy!

And then there was a fight. Nick pounded back some of his drink and said, "That was a bullshit check. Buuuut now that bitch Canuck is gonna get it good."

Fucking Canucks. For a team to win the President's Trophy twice and get trounced by the Bruins and the Kings - it just went to show that they had no playoff depth. Pathetic.

An idea came to mind.

"We should play hockey sometime in a league here in town. One with loose rules regarding cross-checking, preferably." He grinned. There was a lot of teeth involved.

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale watched as the tall woman left the bar, not bothering to hide his staring. "I guess you missed that boat," he said with a shit-eating grin as he turned back to face Skaald. He managed to catch the hit on the screen, which caused him to stand up with his beer in hand. "Fuck yeah! Now that's what I call a hit dammit!" With that, the Rahu chugged about half of his beer in one big gulp and then sat back down.

"A community league?" he asked Nick, raising an eyebrow slightly. "Nah, that shit's for pussies. If we are gonna play, we just do street hockey. No pads, no mercy." A devilish grin formed across his lips as he said those words.

I
    Irina

Vincent waved a hand very briefly as Anya announced her need to leave and, he was guessing, attend to other business. "See you around," the Wizened bid before returning his attention to the television screens. If he was going to remain for a little while, he would at least try to figure out the rules of the game and who was the appropriate team to cheer for.

He cradled his drink between gloved hands, his dark brown eyes riveted on the action. He was a smart man. He would figure it out soon enough.

"Aw man," Skaald replies with a grin, "can you imagine? We'd have to find a good spot for it, but street hockey would kick ass. We could challenge Stephan and his crew to a game. You think they'd be up for it?" The idea had some serious merit. Hockey one night under the light of the moon, no penalties, nothing but wolf....of course they'd have to be careful it didn't get serious. Nothing would ruin a night of fun like a couple of packs going at each other after a particularly brutal hit.

C
    Cross

Nick chugged with Dale, finishing up his own beer and motioning for another. "A pitcher. No, make that two. I think we're gonna need it," the rowdy Rahu said with a chuckle. He nodded his agreement with the Sergeant at Arms. "You're right. I must've let the Canucks pussify me for a second there. That's my bad!" A deep laugh. "That's a great idea, we should ask them. That'd be fun as hell."

And rowdy.

Which was the reason for werewolf street hockey.

Pitchers appeared before them and Nick grabbed one, topping himself off and offering the other two Crusaders theirs.

I
    Irina

With his glass still half full - not half empty, because Vincent was in an oddly optimistic mood that day, he leaned across toward the rowdier group of men. Potentially interrupting the conversations of others was not something the Wizened was usually prone to do, but he was also dimly aware that unless he went forth and spoke to other people, he would never become even a slightly good conversationalist.

"Excuse me?" Vincent queried, carefully trying to push aside his usual hesitance.

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale nodded at Skaald's idea, a grin forming across his lips. "That could be hella fun, you know?" he said to the Cahalith, picturing what such a match would end up being like. "But it could get a bit brutal, so probably not the sort of thing to actually do out in the streets around here." After all, one rough check could lead to someone succumbing to the Rage, and that would just create all sorts of problems.

The Rahu laughed as Nick kept badgering on the Canucks, nodding at the Iron Master. "Hell yeah, I ain't gonna turn down a beer," he said, accepting one of the pints. As he raised the glass to his lips, Dale heard another man's voice, which caused him to set the glass down before drinking from his brew. Turning to look at the guy that had been talking to that one tall broad. "What's up?" he said in response, giving him a chin-jut. The Rahu's predatory eyes studied the man closely, trying to discern whether he was looking for trouble or if he was merely trying to be a little social.

Play it by ear Dale, don't be jumping to conclusions just yet...

"Heh, yeah, maybe we should look into renting a place, or, better, a warehouse somewhere. Could be a lot of fun...." he trails off as one of the other bar patrons comes over. Dale speaks up first between them, which is just as well, so Skaald simply watches, curious what the newcomer has to say.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.