Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Size: 6
    Health: 8

PRE

John had been up since 6am, a natural early riser thanks to years in the military. Even now when his schedule and work load was nowhere near as heavy, he still found the idea of sleeping in hard to get his mind around.

Even if it was with a beautiful woman by his side.

It had been a few weeks since he had stayed that first night, a night he would never forget. Even now, the Ithaeur still smiled about it. Grinned actually. It had taken some adjustments, certainly, but adjustments John had been willing to make. They had yet to stay at his place but John didn't want to rush anything. So long as Sasha was comfortable, so was he.

He poured the scrambled eggs onto the plate and removed the sizzling bacon from the grill, laying it next to the eggs. Carrying two mugs of coffee in one hand, John placed the cutlery on the plate before picking it up and carefully walking through to the bedroom. Standing at the door wearing his briefs and a tee shirt, he smiled at the sleeping angel. Moving to the edge of the bed, he placed the breakfast down on the nightstand before leaning down to place a kiss on Sasha's head. "Good morning, sleeping beauty," he whispered, smiling.

L'aire had been dreaming, and lately it was more dreaming than nightmares. She was thankful for that and when she woke up abruptly in the middle of the night, the Dancer only had to reach out and touch John in some way. For as many years as she'd been independent, L'aire was still learning to adapt to him. The Winter was use to moving and changes but she was always alone, with the brief exception of Dorian, until now.

Slowly, her mind caught up to reality and L'aire breathed in just as John's lips left her head. An audible pleased note sounded softly from her throat. Some days, none of this seemed real; but that's not how it felt. "John..." The Fairest whispered ever so softly and then her eyes slowly opened to reveal the violet colored irises. "Morning...handsome." Returning a sleepy, nearly awake smile as she looked at him. Amid all of this, she could smell what John had brought into the room. "Smells good." Turning toward him, her fingers found his arm, sliding down to his hand. "Breakfast in bed?" L'aire sat up and was quickly waking up. Looking to the plate then to him. "John...you didn't have to..." Clearly in awe of the sweetness from the man on her bed. "That's so...wow." Leaning forward she wrapped her arm around his, kissing his shoulder. Then she giggled to see the coffee mugs. "Coffee too. I think I need a machine or something soon."

"I know but I wanted to," John replied, slipping under the blanket and wrapping an arm around Sasha. At mention of the coffee, he chuckled. "A machine lacks the human touch. Handmade coffee is always best, I find." Picking up his mug, he blew across the surface before sipping. "I'm not sure if you've got any plans today but I'd like to take you out for a bike ride, if that's okay?" John asked, looking down at her, his heart going a little faster than normal. Even though he'd been with Sasha for a few weeks, her presence still made him giddy with excitement.

A feeling L'aire couldn't put her finger on washed over as John's arm moved around her. How thoughtful he was made her heart flutter. "Its the little things." The Fairest said softly while she lingered in his arms momentarily. She probably could have asked him to pass her the cup, but instead the Dancer turned and moved across John's chest; her own brushing him as she did. Gently, L'aire kissed the nape of his neck before picking herself up a little to grab the other mug. Slinking back to her original position in his arm, the Fairest sipped the coffee. "Mmm, I quite like the human touch." Nearly a giggle in her voice, she smiled and took another sip. Shaking her head to the sweet man next to her. "I don't work today, no plans. I'm all yours." She took a quick breath in, unsure why she said that. "If you want me." You're not fixing it very well. Quickly she added. "Bike ride would be great, where would we be going?" The Fairest took another sip of coffee, slowly. There was always that edge she had, especially after speaking. John had a perseverance she'd never known, but how long would it remain kept running through her head.

John smiled as Sasha kissed his neck, the tender moment caught in his mind like a butterfly in a storm. His heart rate increased as the blood pumped around his body. He allowed her to get her mug as he ran his fingers along her side, trying to tickle her briefly. Once she was once again nestled safely in his arm, the Ithaeur couldn't help but grin at her slip of the tongue.

"Well, I was hoping you'd allow me the honour of taking you back to the place of our first bike ride," John said, his hand resting on the bare skin of her arm. "I believe Sutter's Fort is open today. I thought it might be nice to go back during daylight hours."

L'aire was very relaxed while sitting next to John, he distracted her so she didn't realize her stomach growled. She'd turned slightly so she could look up toward him. A beautiful thoughtful grin appeared on her face. So nostalgic. The Fairest couldn't help but adore him more and more. "Mm, yes our first bike ride." Her voilet eyes sparkled at the memories of that night. Something else too, may have caught her attention slightly; finishing what he started.

"Yes, I'd love to go there with you... again." L'aire laughed gently. "That sounds like fun, John." Her lips lingering on his name. "This time, I'll wear a jacket." Winking quickly. "Will that take the whole day?" Not that she needed to be entertained, but she relished the thought of getting a whole uninterrupted day with John.

"Excellent!" John said, excitement flooding through his mind. Returning back to the fort would be a great day out and allow them to spend more time together. "It can take as long as we need. I'm under no time constraints today," he replied with a grin although there was a flicker of something else there. The thought of being buried for three days. Pushing that conversation from his mind, he replied enigmatically, "Oh, you won't need a jacket."

"A whole uninterupted day...this will be amazing." She sighed contentedly. Watching John as he smiled, she saw something but wasn't sure what. There was a gentle raise of concern in her eyes. Yet, it may have been nothing and she didn't want to over react. "No jacket?" Her head pulled back slightly with amusement. "Oh, would you please pass the plate. I wouldn't want it to go to waste." Nodding in the direction of breakfast. "I'm not sure I can eat all that." She jested. But, that may have been more truthful than she realized.

John grinned, sharing the thought that Sasha made. "It will be," he said, kissing the side of her head. While there, he had a quick sniff of her hair and felt giddy once more. "Certainly," he said, passing her the plate, "I'm sure I can help," he chuckled as he took a piece of bacon, tearing it in two and eating a piece himself. He held the other half for Sasha, near to her mouth.

It was when she mentioned the jacket, John beamed. "Yes, no jacket." Gently slipping his arm free from around Sasha's body, he carefully exited the bed trying not to send the food and drink flying. Crouching with his back to Sasha, he was unzipping his large duffel bag and pulled something free. Standing, he turned, holding up a black leather jacket with an embroidered purple tribal design. "I know its not much but Digger insisted after I asked him if he had anything that would suit you. In fact, his exact words were 'Ya ain't putting her in anything pink.'"

Jacket

Even though it was too late, she chuckled. "Who said I was sharing the bacon." Softly winking and moving her mouth to take a piece, her lips touched his fingers as they closed around the slice. As John moved off the bed, L'aire leaned to set the mug down to eat the eggs and remainder of the meal.

Following John with her eyes, of course she had quite the vision as he bent down. She pursed the smile on her lips and looked back to her plate, taking a bite of the eggs. L'aire was curious to what he was doing but continued eating as he wrestled with the bag. When John turned and produced the jacket, thankfully she'd just swallowed. Nearly dropping her fork from her fingers, her eyes went wide. "Oh my god!" In something of a shrieking whisper. "Is that really for me?" She quickly set the plate down on the nightstand once again. The Dancer almost bounded to John. For some odd reason, this was different than other gifts she'd received or it seemed that way. The Fairest didn't touch the jacket just yet, but she moved to John's side and put her arm around his. Rising as much as she could to kiss his cheek. Smiling, but a touch of confusion as she had a jacket words left her mouth before she could think. "But why?" Cause ya had to spoil shit L'aire.

Seeing Sasha's reaction the the gift was all the chaplain needed, a grin spreading across his face, easily reaching his eyes. "It is," he replied as she leapt over to join him and he almost blushed as she kissed his cheek. When she asked why, John looked into her violet eyes, getting lost momentarily in their perfection. "Because it saves you having to ruin any of your own jackets on the back of my three wheeled monstrosity," he said with an honest smile before adding with much affection, "And because I wanted to."

L'aire smiled in a way she only saved for John. The way that held there was something more there. "Thank you, John." Looking back into his serene blue eyes right before she moved around to him and hugged him with the jacket partially between them. Laughing gently she shook her head as she pulled back a little. "I don't think it's a monstrosity. I think I recall choice very well that night, the safer bike." The Fairest gleamed, remembering the start of that beautiful evening. "Even though I wanted to..." Her eyes flew open as she stopped quickly. And then she found an easy segue. "Maybe I should try it on?" The Fairest's fingers ran down to John's and over them. "Will you help?"

"Of course," John said, blissfully happy as he took the jacket and held it open so Sasha could slip her arms into the sleeves. Once it was on her lithe frame, John moved round to the front and slowly zipped the jacket up, making sure to be gentle. "How does it feel?" he asked. From the look of the jacket, it appeared that the chaplain had gotten the fit pretty much perfect but he wasn't the one to wear it.

How does it feel? L’aire smiled while briefly pondering what John asked. Stretching her arms up and bending them they fell down to run her hands over her chest and torso. Feeling how it nearly molded to her frame. “The jacket feels good.” But his caring hands felt better. “So... perfect.” She grinned upward to him. Giggling slightly the Fairest added. “I suppose I should take it off so I can go get ready. Then to test it out on your bike.” Winking a violet eye to John. The Dancer could feel it, every day, a little more of her was plunging.

Glad that she liked it, John nodded as Sasha mentioned getting ready and helped her out of the jacket, hanging it on the back of the door where his own jacket was and giving a small smile. Have to thank Digger again for the discount.

Heading back into the bedroom, John slipped back into bed, glad at how the surprise had gone. "You know," he said, sipping at his coffee, "I had been worrying about that for a few days now. I wasn't sure if you'd like it or not," the chaplain said with a chuckle.

L'aire was all grins and lit eyes as she followed him back to the bedroom. Initially it was to get her robe and then her eyes followed John. She took it from the hook behind the door and smiled. "Why were you worried?" Turning her head curiously.

And as she turned her head to see him in the bed again she tisked playfully. "You... are a tease John." She waggled her finger toward him with a very obvious smirk on her face. "Here I was about to go get ready. Then you return to the bed." The Fairest laughed gently. "It makes me want to crawl back in. You look so...inviting." She pursed her lips wanting to quickly apologize but she let it go. Despite not reaching that 'point' yet, L'aire couldn't help it.

Inside, John blushed but he was to confident and composed to do so physically. Instead, he just smiled as he laid in Sasha's bed. "Well, I thought you were going in the shower," he smirked before an interesting idea occurred to him. "Unless you want company."

Where did that come from, John?

Luna Blesses.

L’aire’s jaw fell open. His suggestion was a little shocking.. Now who’s teasing who? The Fairest’s open mouth turned into a sweetened grin. Even though there were other things that she wanted to happen, there was just something irresistible about the man who swept her off her feet; with a trike. “Sure.” With no hesitation. Even though the butterflies began to beat their wings in the form of her suddenly pounding heart.

The Fairest Dancer wasn’t concerned about her body, or John seeing it. Now more than ever, she realized the promise she made to herself would probably be broken. She slowly pivoted back around to the door, and her head turned to look back over her shoulder to John. “Any time you’re ready.” L’aire’s violet eyes beamed to him.

And now John's heart raced. Admittedly it had been a bit of flirting, the type they had been doing for the past several weeks, teasing with every gesture, every word, enjoying each other's company while keeping that line in sight.

Strangely, he had been the one to cross that line.

When her eyes beamed into him, butterflies went crazy inside his stomach. Leaving the breakfast and what remained of his coffee, John slid out of bed as casual as he could, removing his tee shirt and leaving it on the bedroom floor, slowly following Sasha towards the bathroom, his eyes not leaving her for a second.

L'aire walked into the bathroom and made her way to the bathtub with the shower. She'd thought about a few things here and again regarding her own promise. This man, this chaplain, so different than any other. Always respectful to her and let her be herself. He was worth breaking it for. As she leaned over to turn on the water to let it warm she asked. "You never said why you were worried about the jacket, John." Turning to face him and taking the pony tail holder out, shaking her blonde hair out a little. L'aire couldn't help letting her eyes run over his chest then meeting his eyes. The Dancer wasn't bashful about letting John know she appreciated what she saw, even if her sight ran deeper than skin.

Entering the bathroom, John watched as Sasha turned on the water, his eyes glancing away to watch as it fell into the bathtub, almost hypnotically. His eyes glided back to Sasha, again, hypnotically. Moving closer, he stood beside Sasha and put his hand under the water too, always finding running water fascinating. "I'm not sure. I didn't want it to be an over-gesture, if that makes sense."

"John." Slipping up to him as the strap on her shirt fell off her shoulder. "Its not, it wasn't...an over gesture." Just breath L'aire. The Fairest locked into his gaze for what felt like security. "And it wasn't something... random or meaningless." The Fairest's violet eyes looked into John's. "I guess I just..." The Winter bit her lip while she slowly tried to find the words. "Feel..or think, that it shows that you care." L'aire's eyes widened as she realized what she said, quickly shaking her head. "I mean not that I need a gift for that." Her eyes, fell away from his. "Or I don't know if that's what it was about." L'aire softly added. The Winter's subconscious reared itself again.

Closing her eyes a moment, her mouth suddenly ran again. "I'm sorry I keep tripping over my lips when you make my heart flutter about." If she wasn't blushing before, L'aire's normal fair complected face went completely rosy. The Dancer suddenly wanted to beat her head against the wall. She couldn't believe she let go of her thoughts or worse, what had been just below the surface of so many things lately. L'aire's hands threw to the side slightly. "And I'm probably misreading this entirely.

With her face blushing furiously and her eyes closed, John moved closer and circled his arms around her, slipping under her outstretched arms. Closing his own eyes, he placed a long, caring kiss on her lips that seemed to last forever. When he finally parted, he opened his eyes and waited for Sasha to do the same, and was smiling. "Inside, my butterflies are going crazy if that makes you feel any better. I know I said not to rush, and I still agree to that concept but sometimes you just need to jump with both feet."

And with his hands, he whipped off his briefs, kicking them away with his foot.

"So, shower?" John asked, seriously trying not to blush.

L'aire returned John's kiss, his warm embrace. It was a comfort she'd never felt. A reassurance he wasn't leaving, or that he'd ever tell her to be quiet. The Dancer's arms relaxed onto his until the kiss that felt like an eternity ended. When she looked up to his smiling face, her own lips matched his. "Yes, it does make me feel better." And as he said jumping with both feet, she saw the last bit of clothing gone on John's body, cast aside. Quickly she returned her eyes to his, trying not to look down.

Biting her lip, she could hardly contain the grin. "Yes, shower." Her hands slid down to her hips, and the lower half of her clothes fell to the floor. Then L'aire began to take her top off. "I'm not opposed to you helping..." Was that a jump or dive?

Despite his calm demeanour, John didn't dare break eye contact with Sasha. It may have seemed a little odd but this was completely new territory, a prospect that scared the Ithaeur immensely.

Although, he wasn't as terrified as he thought he should be.

His hands moved to help her lift her top over her head, and as her blonde locks fell back down over her shoulders, John placed a kiss on her head. Now, he was grinning as he took her hand to help her into the bathtub. "I won't lie," he whispered, afraid of his own voice breaking, "This is very new."

L'aire was a little more calm than before. The Winter felt relieved that it wasn't just her feeling like her heart raced out of her chest. Sure when she and John kissed deeply sometimes, she could feel it pounding when she touched his chest. It was beautiful. Sometimes she even wanted to dance to the rhythm. When John kissed her head, she breathed in and smiled brightly. He had removed the final article, and she stood before him.

Not that she needed help getting in, she found John's assistance so sweet. L'aire didn't let go of his hand. The physical things she was accustomed to and she felt no shame in her body. John's words were always fluid, and perfect. The Fairest Dancer felt like the yin to his yang. Gently squeezing his hand, she returned his whisper, with gentle assurance. "John, its okay." The water began to hit her skin, first beading up then becoming streams. "Have you been..." She paused a tick to search for a polite word. "physical, before?"

John was about to step in, his eyes still captivated on Sasha's eyes when she asked the question. The water running transfixed his mind and his breathing with it. Finally he nodded, the movement breaking the eye contact and causing his eyes to grace Sasha's bare shoulder and neckline. "Once, before I joined the military," John replied with a small smile. "I was....eighteen. First and only. Three days later, I was enlisted into the Chaplain programme." He sighed and looked back into those perfect violet eyes, maybe searching for something. "Is that weird?"

L'aire was a little surprised by John's answer. She had turned enough as he got in the shower that she was nearly wet everywhere. Considering his calling in life she didn't expect that at all. While he explained, the Fairest couldn't help but return the smile. She wondered if he was the same way when he was eighteen. She looked right back into his eyes as he asked. "No, John." Reaching a hand up to his face, L'aire stood with her back to the shower faucet as it began to soak her hair. "It's...poetic." Which was all she could find to describe the imagery; like a movie.

L'aire smiled assuredly to John and placed his hand on her hip. "You'd probably like to get wet." Titling her head backwards letting the water wash over her face a second. L'aire moved forward, pressing to John gently placing her hand on his shoulder. "John, I trust you." Looking into his eyes while her own dazzled. The Winter knew what she said. As much as she was waiting for something particular, L'aire was certain John was genuine.

Stepping into the shower, John felt the water splash onto him as it rebounded from Sasha's skin but ignored it. Instead, as she turned to give him more space, he wrapped an arm around her waist, similar to the way he did on that first evening when the danced without music. A magical night. "It is?" he chuckled, unsure how poetic it really was. He hadn't been accused of that before, he was just being honest.

Even with his usually unfazed demeanour, John did blush slightly, feeling his cheeks redden and get warm at Sasha's words and moved even closer so the water washed over him. It was hard to concentrate as goosebumps prickled across his own skin as he felt her flesh touch his. He may have shivered slightly.

Leaning forward, John placed a delicate kiss on Sasha's neck.

L’aire watched as the water trickled down John’s face and into his hair. His arm around her felt so different in her current state, natural. The contact of his lips felt so sweet. There would be a time for her to take the lead, but for now, she would be as patient... as she possibly could. John was unlike anyone she'd been around, or slept in the same bed. Turning her head slightly, she kissed his cheek softly at first. L'aire's free hand slipped around his side and curled upwards her fingers tracing along his spine downward.

The hand on his shoulder slid to his neck, running a finger along his skin softly and enough not to tickle him. Closing her eyes L'aire breathed in, feeling her chest move against John's.

Her skin pressed against John's made his heart race once again, a new feeling in their fledgling relationship that he knew would one day come. They had both resisted for several weeks now and John wondered briefly just how fair he was being with Sasha, the thought of her being disappointed with him entering his mind and making him doubt. Her finger tracing a line down his neck made the doubt literally wash away. Bringing his head back up so his mouth rested next to her ear, he whispered with a slight tremor of nerves, "Would you like me to wash your back?"

L'aire had given John permission, in a sense, to lead. As much as she wanted to do as he mentioned 'jump in with two feet,' the Fairest just went with it. Everything seemed sweeter, each kiss, each touch and caress was another layer of just how amazing she felt with John. It was like trying something new, for her, to be patient. When he leaned to her ear, L'aire's fingers softly fell to his chest. The Dancer heard the pitch change in his voice. "I would like that...John." Returning the whisper reassuring him with her voice.

Leaning back, she tipped her head in the water and it ran down the front of her. Opening her eyes she smiled to John as her finger made a little twirling motion in the air. "Would it be easier if we turned, so you didn't face into the water?" But when violet sphere's met his serene blue eyes, L'aire had an overwhelming sensation to meet his lips which was apparent in her eyes.

"Perhaps," John replied, the water running down his face as he looked into Sasha's eyes. Slowly moving around so his back is to the shower head, he picked up the cream that was perched on the side and poured a fair measure in his hand. Lathering it to a foam, he carefully, methodically, began to rub it into Sasha's smooth skin on her back. "Yes, this is much better."

"Mmm, it certainly is." L'aire said with appreciation. The feel of his hands was always so amazing. The way he carefully moved his hands over her skin. The Fairest tilted her head to one side and pulled her wet hair around to fully expose her back. She closed her eyes and breathed in calmly and deeply. But L'aire was beginning to wonder if the way she clammed up each time they got close was drawing a line in the sand somewhere.

"John, I'm sorry if I've been skittish about certain things." For once, the Winter was relaxed while speaking. At least for the moment. "It wasn't my intention if it's been off putting." There was a little uncertainty in her voice, but not from what the Dancer said, but what she couldn't put into words. The Fairest was becoming torn between something. What it was, wasn't physical.

More at ease, John continued to gently wash Sasha's back, her skin feeling incredibly smooth as he made small circles with his hand. With his other hand, he carefully lifted her hair out of the way, running it through his fingers, somewhat hypnotised by its radiance.

"You haven't been, Sasha," John replied with a smile. "Small steps remember," he added before pausing. "Although, truthfully, this is quite a large step," he laughed with affection before kissing her shoulder.

The feel of John's hands was a mixture of relaxing and electricity along her skin. "Yeah, I remember." She said sweetly, thinking back to that night that may have seemed long ago but really wasn't. Letting her head roll to the opposite side where John kissed her she couldn't help but smile, especially when his lips touched her skin again. "That feels so good."

For a few moments she pondered something while listening to the water's rhythm. She realized instead of wondering, the Fairest should ask. L'aire pondered what to say another moment after collecting her thoughts. "John," Speaking his name weighted in her own delight in saying it. Breathing in to relax herself so her words didn't turn into a mess. "Are we taking this slow because of you..." A staggered breath before finishing her sentence. "or because of me." But while the Winter spoke, her back became tense wondering if she said the right thing.

The massaging of Sasha's back paused as she asked John the question and pondered it as the water cascaded over them both. He'd been wondering the same thing himself, and would be a liar if he said otherwise. "I...'m not sure, to be honest," John finally replied, his hands sliding around Sasha's waist and resting on her stomach. "I think, if I really consider it, I am scared of losing what we have built by, perhaps, doing something wrong. I would really hate that."

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Gauru

Urshul

PRE

L'aire slipped her hand over John's on her stomach, there were two pictures floating in her mind for a split second. The Fairest thought about what he'd said, so perfect and honest and she let her first thought slip through her mouth. “And I’m afraid that I’ll be the novelty that wears out.” Gasping for a minute and biting her lip she shook her head. In a soft whisper she muttered. "I wish I could speak as perfect as you."

The Dancer's dexterous fingers knitted into the gentle man's on her stomach. "John, I'm afraid of messing things up too." Trying to assure him that he wasn't alone in his reasoning. "But...if we don't stumble, how will we ever know the other will be understanding or pick us up when we fall?" L'aire breathed in and sighed shaking her head slightly again. "This isn't coming out right." Her heart raced as the Winter was speaking of the future or something. About that screwing up part...

Standing behind Sasha, John frowned slightly. "You're not a novelty, Sasha, far from it. Do you really think I would be wishing to share a bed or even a shower with someone whom I considered to be a 'novelty'?" he shook his head, water falling from his hair. "Trust me, I would not," he said honestly.

"Its coming out perfectly," he said with a smile as he slowly turned her around so they were face to face, trying to block the water from splashing her wonderful eyes, just so he could fall into them himself. He leant closer to whisper into her ear. "Maybe we should...stumble," John grinned.

"Ask me again sometime." L'aire whispered but her tone suggested she didn't want to dwell on it at the moment. "It's happened before." The Winter Dancer breathed in while listening to the water and John's words echoing like a beautiful song in her head. "But I do...trust you." The Fairest spoke affectionately, like it meant something more. He truly let her forget the world.

When John turned her to face him, she looked up with a soft smile. His blue eyes so serene as they met hers. The water may have been flowing into her eyes, but they were open, she didn't care. As he whispered in her ear, L'aire blurted out. "John, I'm already falling all over myself for you." She gasped softly, letting her heart speak before filtering...again. Never physically showing she was nervous before, she trembled with worry over what she said as her hand reached up to John's chest and softly caressed him. Turning her head slightly, she kissed his neck as it was so close to her lips. "So yes....stumble." L'aire's chest pressed into his while the water flowed over them.

Those words, spoken with a gasp, made the last of John's defences fall away. As they pressed together, chest to chest, John could feel his own heartbeat going faster than ever and wondered about the oath he had made to God, an oath that seemed nothing compared to the oath that he had memorised by rote to Mother Luna. He had presided over oaths being taken by people committing themselves to each other, and John had never once considered doing the same. He had been focused on his role more than his own emotions.

All that had changed with one bike ride.

His arms slipped fully around Sasha as he found her lips with his own, and pulled her in close. As his heart raced, blood pumping around his body, he finally realised he wanted to stumble.

Yes, L'aire had day dreamed of John and how things could go. The shower was not the place she thought it would first happen. Considering the Dancer was a perfectionist sometimes, all of it threw her for a loop. John's lips met hers and suddenly all of her cares on precision of things went away. What was important was the one whose arms were surrounding her. Even more, John made her feel like she mattered. And all restraint she'd ever had before was lost to the emotions that poured into the returned kiss.

Instinctively, L'aire put her arms around his neck and pulled tight to John. The water falling over her arms and spilling off the sides of the two of them. Everything was different, each touch from him, each embrace felt real. Her fingers slowly trickled like the water along his neck unto John's spine. The Fairest only paused kissing for a moment nearly speaking, but instead she went back to kissing him with a fervor she'd never felt before. L'aire felt the surge of so many things coursing through her veins. The language of her body's eagerness encouraging John not to stop.

John didn't need much encouraging and found his lips kissing Sasha's skin as he explored her body, the water adding a baptism feeling as he did so, each kiss cathartic for his soul and mind. Time seemed to slow, or actually quicken, the longer he spent with each kiss. It was a very strange feeling, either way. When John finally looked back into Sasha's violet eyes, there was a new desire that had been awakened. He was also smiling as his cheeks reddened slightly. "I hope this is okay, Sasha?"

Smiling as if she were caught in a beautiful dream, though it was reality. She met his serene blue eyes. If it was possible to convey she was overjoyed and contented by her expression, her eyes and face held true to both. The Winter could hardly find the words and she was fighting back the urge to say something more, until John was ready.

“John, I ….yes, this is more than okay.” L’aire tried so hard to keep her emotions in check. “I just ah…is this too cumbersome?” Her eyes rolling around indicating the shower, her tone suggesting she wasn’t worried about herself. Leaning in, the Fairest let her lips move across John’s cheek down the left side to his neck. Pausing her lips to feel the rhythmic pulse flow through her. It made L’aire want to dance with joy.

John looked around at the shower and chuckled. "Well, I am concerned for your water bill," he joked, smiling softly before closing his eyes as Sasha kissed his neck once again and releasing a gentle sigh.

“Not worried about that.” She said softly as the water splashed her face. Letting her lips move further down toward his chest she whispered. “Just slipping.” L’aire giggled as her hand caressed John’s opposite shoulder. As much as she felt the urge to lead this dance, the Fairest was patient with him. After all, she was in no hurry and each moment felt divine and amazing. L’aire felt a kind of electricity she’d never felt go so deep and what she was feeling, wasn’t the heat of the moment. Still, her subconscious held tight to caution.

The moment she giggled and touched his shoulder, John wanted to dance more and couldn't help himself anymore. Lowering his hands to around Sasha's legs, bending his knees, the Ithaeur lifted the dancer off her feet and hugged her close to his body, his grip quite firm but not crushing, and he continued to kiss Sasha more deeply and passionately than he had ever known.

L'aire's eyes widened and her mouth let out a surprised gasp. Her expression was thrilled, among other things. Easily wrapping her legs around him in such a way that was still freeing. Sometimes her contortionist skills came in handy. Her worries quickly dissipating while feeling John's strength surround her. A chaplain swept her off her feet, again and again; his words, his actions and everything in between. L'aire's arms wrapped around John, still managing to move over the skin of his upper body while the water gently fell over them. The Winter noticed the way he kissed her this time, the way it felt while their lips and tongues moved together. Her lips parted from his a moment, but never stopped touching his as she whispered. "You're amazing." L'aire's finger tips moved up to one of his ears and slowly caressed it.

Briefly, John recalled something Sasha had mentioned at the Halloween party, about being a contortionist, and the way her legs moved around him, he could really understand what she meant. His heart raced as the water pounded against his back and they kissed more intensely. As her legs were entwined around his body with such perfection, John ran one of his hands up Sasha's back until he placed it on the back of her head, his fingers massaging her golden locks.

As she spoke, John grinned, eyes opening to look into Sasha's. "No, its all you," he whispered before once again locking his lips with hers.

L'aire only shook her head as they began kissing again and only a small noise of playful disagreement came from her throat. She didn't know why he'd think that. Every time she opened her mouth it felt like a train wreck. The Dancer was poised as her legs remained around him. Letting her lips cross over his cheek, she slowly and delicately kissed to the nape of his neck. With one hand, she moved it to trace along his pectorals. Softly sighing while John's body and arms held her, bringing her closer to him. But the closeness felt more than physical, which she felt silly about. Stop thinking L'aire. Her arm around his shoulder braced herself enough to slip her hands into his hair. L'aire felt her intensity increase while she kissed his shoulder feverishly and playfully let her teeth touch his skin...

If the god didn't smite her for taking his chaplain, the Winter hoped... and prayed that John was the man who would change her life more than she had ever known. Because he had so far already...

It was the teeth biting his shoulder that caused John to growl, a low sound that was a mixture of pleasure and pain. It was a sign that he strangely liked it, to release himself to the animal inside. He wanted this and so much more. He locked eyes with Sasha, his words gentle, soft, but full of the passion he was exhibiting. "I want you more than anything in this world, Sasha."

"Oh!" L'aire gasped, then softly laughed as John growled. She felt it resonate through her body as well as hearing it. "Then be free with me." L'aire felt her response come out wrong and she pressed her fingers into him slightly. Words were not as important right now as the exchange of their eyes. John's normally soft and serene eyes were full of exuberant emotions. "Take me." Thankfully those words meant something entirely more than something else. "John, I ..." No, L'aire. Her subconscious holding her back. "I hope I'm not to heavy." She whispered while she wrapped both arms around John's neck, readying herself and leaning in for another profoundly beautiful kiss.

John smiled, nervously, gently pressing Sasha against the wall as the water cascaded over them both, warming them both, and for the moment, in John's mind, everything was right in the world...

Fade to black....And sometime later that day....

John couldn't stop smiling as they rode on the trike towards Sutter's Fort later that morning. All the emotions and the butterflies were still with him, and over twenty years of fears and doubts seemed to have been washed away, quite literally. With Sasha's arms around his waist, all he could smell was the coconut shampoo but it didn't matter. Glancing over his shoulder, he looked at Sasha, wondering if she was okay.

L’aire replayed in her head; the interlocking of their lips and hands while the water ran, among other things. Some of what happened between them was spontaneous and the other gentle and warm, taken slowly. It seemed whichever happened, the Winter truly enjoyed because of John. It wasn’t the act in the show that made her completely topple, it was how he was with her. The Dancer’s thoughts were rambling, and she was thankful they weren’t coming out of her mouth.

The Fairest was just as concerned about him. She really hoped she didn’t coax him into doing something he didn’t want to do. Her arms were tight around John, and perhaps felt different than the last however many times she’d done the same motion. She felt closer to him. But L’aire’s mind couldn’t fully let go. What if he got what he wanted and I’ll never see him after today But then her heart spoke. Just believe him L’aire. You know he’s different. You know it’s deeper than that. Her violet eyes were closed when John looked back to her at first, then opening, matched with a smile. There was still a look of passion and something deeper dancing in her violet eyes.

Returning his gaze to the road, John continued grinning as he made the trike twist and turn through Sacramento, heading for the historic park. His mind was clear of troubles as the wind rushed past and he knew that Luna would be proud. "Ah! Here we are!" John said, quite excited as he pulled the trike into the park and looked upon the place where he and Sasha had their first dance. Finding a suitable parking place, John switched off the engine, the sound of it still ringing in his ears. "Is it just me or does it look different in the daylight?" John asked as he stepped off the trike and, even though he knew her balance and grace was undeniable, still offered Sasha a helping hand.

As they pulled up, L'aire had followed John's head turn and saw the place they danced. The conversation she barely got through that changed everything. Despite the Fairest's natural glow of her mein, L'aire had a different kind of glow. "Yeah, it really does look different." Chuckling gently as John moved away from her and off the trike. She took his hand and squeezed it a little before easily removing herself from the seat. The Dancer's smile was almost glowing as she looked to John. Something occurred to her as they began walking to the front doors. L'aire wondered if John was the type of person who always finished what he started. If that was true, it was just another thing she'd look forward to. "So do they have tour guides, or are you my personal guide today?" Grinning to his serene eyes playfully.

Walking with an obvious bounce in every step, John walked with Sasha, still holding her hand and enjoying the feel of her smooth skin. There was something still exciting about the simple pleasure of holding hands that John could appreciate, one that he'd never want to forget. "I'm not entirely sure," John replied as they entered the park, John placing some money in the donation box near the entrance. "Although, I'm sure we can get by without one. Spending time talking to you seems like a great idea to me," he said with a natural and honest smile.

L'aire glanced around, always mindful of where she was and who was around. But she did so in a way that John wouldn't notice. Gently squeezing his hand as they made it inside, she peered around and watched as the chaplain put a donation in the box. The Fairest realized more and more what a good man he was. It made him more handsome, at least to her. As much as she did like being fawned over, when it came down to the wire it wasn't what she really wanted. The way John looked at her and treated the Dancer was simply exquisite. "Talking is good." Looking up to him with a delighted grin. "There's always so much. I never know where to begin." And I'll probably say something stupid. Slowly spoken while she tried to think of what was first. A part of her wanted to ask about his family, but in the same token, her own secrets would come out.

Walking slowly around the fort, taking in the heritage of the place, the foundation of the city itself, John could feel a certain sense of pride in knowing that the path he and his pack had taken was a good one. The right one. Smiling at Sasha, he quickly adjusted the reason why he fought. At her question, his smile spread wider. "Well, ask away. I'll answer anything you want." Heading inside the main building, John looked at some of the old photographs on display, early pieces from when the fort was occupied.

L'aire too joined John's gaze to the displayed photos. History wasn't her forte, but seeing where things originated was still interesting. There was so much she wanted to know because L'aire cared for him. "Okay." She answered with a soft grin. Still, she debated on what to ask him. "Do you have any siblings?" Knowing her own answer would be easy enough. "Oh, and you can ask me anything too, of course." And then another passing question floated through her head. "And while I'm thinking of it, what made you decide to get a trike versus a bike?" Wondering if she may have asked that question before.

While her hand was still in John's, she fleetingly thought of something. This is how it should be. All of these things are how a man should be with a woman. The Fairest looked to the kind man next to her. Wondering something else that was probably clear in her eyes, but now was not the time.

John looked back into the soft grin of Sasha, which caused one to spread on his own face. "No, no siblings. An only child, which was quite nice, really. I also don't think my parents planned on having any children, you could say I was an unexpected accident," he chuckled, still linking his fingers with Sasha's, running his thumb over the back of her hand. "They weren't exactly older but just...not as prepared as they'd have liked. Both really career minded." It was strange, ever since his First Change, John hadn't thought of his folks at all, perhaps out of a strange belief to protect them. "They're both happily retired now but I haven't seen them in about 18 months. Moving and work has been....well, it hasn't really helped our relationship."

At Sasha's question about his trike, he laughed as if it was one big joke, showing plenty of teeth. "Well, I wasn't too sure how well I'd handle a two-wheeler, to be honest. Digger took me to a dealer he knew and showed me around. I saw the trike and, well, fell for it completely," he said, gazing into Sasha's violet eyes, still smiling. "Twice in one year, that's occurred."

As John spoke, she really hoped his parents didn't treat him as unwanted. But they mustn't have since he's so gentle and sweet. L'aire's thoughts of that quickly brushed away. She noticed his hand didn't shift either, other than to stroke her hand which solidified her theory in her head. Smiling sweetly as he spoke of them she nodded. "Yes, moving and work certainly does have its downfall." Softly squeezing his hand she grinned. "But I'm glad I stayed here." It wasn't solely John for her reason to stay, but a huge component of it.

L'aire loved John's laugh, it was music to her ears. While he mentioned the bike/trike situation it was probably a good thing. She may not have gotten on, but that night was mixed as she recalled, at first she didn't care if she fell off. Now, she couldn't imagine putting him through that. "I'm in agreement about the two-wheel thing. It doesn't seem as easy as people make it look." Returning John's laugh and trailed off before stopping in her steps. "Twice what has occurred in a year?" Her head titled slightly looking into John's eyes. "You have another trike?"

John kept the smile on his face and pulled Sasha closer to him, his arm slipping around her waist. "No, falling for you, silly," he said, wondering where the 'silly' bit came from. He placed a kiss on her lips before something else slipped into his mind. "Sounds like you were considering leaving?" John asked.

How did you miss that L'aire?! The Fairest's eyes got brighter, she wasn't sure if that was the first time John said it or just that it was random. She was lost in his kiss for a moment before he spoke again. "Oh, sorry, I should have pieced that together." Her cheeks flushed with blushing. "I don't think I've heard you say it." She whispered with an uncertain giggle.

Realizing he asked another question, her brows rose and she answered. "Leaving, yeah. That was before we met." L'aire didn't know how else to explain but that was truly what had happened.

With another kiss, this time on Sasha's forehead, John smiled. "I'm glad you stayed, really glad, actually. Happy and ecstatic to be honest." And it was true. No matter what happened in the future, whatever struggles came their way, the fact they had been given a chance to be together meant so much to the chaplain.

It felt like the world around the two of them was melting away...again. L'aire knew they were in the museum, but it had been quiet for the most part anyway. John seemed to be gushing, and it wasn't just from the feeling of his lips on her head. "Glad... happy... ecstatic." Her head softly tilting from one side to the other as she listed the words. She felt as if she was searching. "So many words to describe my staying." L'aire grinned almost glowing as her laced fingertips in John's hand gently moved over his knuckles. "I like when you're honest..."

John smiled, gazing into Sasha's eyes. "I am nothing but honest, Sasha," he replied, feeling that he had said enough. He meant every word he said, especially to her. Although, there was a flicker of doubt, and his mind wandered briefly back to his pack and the mission they had set.

All that really panged the Winter Fairest was that she knew her own honesty would have to stop somewhere. But there’d be a time to deal with it; not now. Even though there was something else nagging at her, nearly bursting from with in the time was not right. “John, if I’m allowed to ask you anything.” L’aire paused and pursed her lips with a breathy laugh beneath. “This is going to sound strange or silly or something. But uh.” Gawd L’aire just spit it out. Rolling her eyes at herself she shook her head. “Is there a reason we never stay at your place?” As soon as the words left her lips, the Dancer grimaced on the delivery. That didn't come out right... Nearly speaking under her breath.

John paused, actually stuck for an answer. It hadn't been a question he'd thought of. "I must confess, Sasha, I haven't actually considered it. I suppose I didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable outside of your own place, if that makes sense," John said, showing just how little he knew about relationships like theirs before smiling. "I'd be more than happy to show you my place if that's what you really want?"

L'aire held her breath for a moment while John confessed. She wasn't sure why she did at all, and the Dancer didn't realize her hand and arm may have stiffened in the process. "Please?" Not realizing the guarded part of her may have surfaced in her eyes, not knowing they were pleading in the process. "I mean, I would like that, if you please." Her violet eyes looked away from the chaplain and seeing there wasn't anyone in the vicinity. "I don't think you need to worry about comfort outside of my place, John." Laughing slightly, almost nervously. "I did spend several years in hotels."

If John was nervous, he didn't show it. In truth, he wasn't. It seemed like a natural step and if anything, the Ithaeur was excited about showing Sasha his place. Still holding onto her hand, he gave a little squeeze. "Well, how about tonight? We can have dinner and I can show you around," he offered before quickly adding, "Unless that's too soon?"

L'aire's eyes lit up not expecting him to say tonight. "No, oh yes. Tonight, would be wonderful." Shaking her head quickly and squeezing his hand. "Not to soon at all." Looking back into John's eyes almost losing herself in them upon their return. "As long as it's not inconvenient for you, John." Letting her voice linger on his name. "It means a lot to me." The Fairest said sweetly. Maybe it was time to tell him a little about that...

John chuckled, shaking his head. "No, of course not. It will be great. I, uh, I haven't got much food in so we may need to stop on the way back over, if that's okay?" Hearing Sasha's voice, so sweet, it made him smile wide. "You're welcome. Did you want to stop off at your's to get a bag?"

The man interlocked in her hand was beginning to shift her fears about relationships. "That's perfect John. Groceries, dinner or whatever you'd like." Nodding with a glowing grin. "Yeah, I should grab a bag. Won't take me long though." Years of travel made her a quick packer at least. "But, I'm in no hurry. We have the whole day. And we should check out the rest of the inside of the fort." Pursing her lips and a sparkle seeped in her eyes. "We already know the outside." Biting her lip smiling prevalent through her teeth with a gentle shrug.

Chuckling, John placed a kiss on Sasha's lips, holding it just long enough before breaking. "Of course, I mean there's so much to see." Still holding Sasha's hand, he slowly walked through the fort, looking at the old pieces on display, along with some clothing from the era but in truth, his mind was elsewhere and as his heart began to beat faster at the prospect of Sasha staying over, John was getting a little nervous.

As much as L'aire wanted to tell him to not kiss her here, she also wanted to lose herself for longer. The Fairest Dancer was relishing in this. Holding hands and not some weird proper arm thing. The Winter could feel something. Not just think it was so or that it looked okay. "I like how the employees and such are all dressed in clothes from the era of the Fort. It feels like we're walking through live history." Softly she laughed with an exuberant tone. Re-knitting her fingers every so often into John's, letting him guide them.

"I wonder why so many people in pictures and paintings from history aren't smiling. They all have no expression or a focused serious face or something." L'aire couldn't help voice her observation as they walked around, nearing the end of the exhibits and the fort. This question came up many times while attending strange functions in Europe with that one, but the one time L'aire asked she was ignored.

John's attention snapped back to the present and he smiled as they moved through the fort. At Sasha's comment, he chuckled, looking her way. "Well, I'm not sure about the pictures, but for paintings, it must be quite painful sitting with a forced smile for so long. To be honest, I'm not the greatest fan of forced photographs. I much prefer candid ones when the subject is more...natural." He continued to look at Sasha, into her violet eyes, forgetting briefly about his worries and thoughts. "Although, that does sound extremely stalker-esque," John replied with another light hearted chuckle, walking once more through the fort towards the exit.

L'aire looked back into John's serene blue eyes. A thoughtful expression passed over her face. "Oh, yes that's right. That would be difficult I'd imagine." Something the Dancer would have never thought of. "Hmm, natural. Do you take pictures, John?" Fascinated with his knowledge on photography as it was.

"And only if you're following someone around and taking random photos in dark allies." Pausing for a moment and with a pretend whisper she asked. "Why do you plan on following someone and doing such a thing?" Her shoulders squinched up playfully with a smile to match. "Do you have a secret stalker side." That much she truly whispered as not to alarm anyone passing by the exit.

"Oh, no, but I just prefer seeing photographs of people more naturally than when they are forcing a pose."

As Sasha whispered, John couldn't help but laugh out loud, shaking his head. "No, not a stalker in any way. I'm not really the secret squirrel type. Why? Do you have a stalker side, Sasha?" he whispered back, eyes twinkling.

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Gauru

Urshul

PRE

"Yeah, that's very true. Capturing the moments or something like that?" Smiling thoughtfully to John.

Grinning even brighter to hear him laugh, L'aire giggled. "Oh, I thought maybe you were going to stalk me." Quickly opening the door as she laughed. "I don't have a stalker side. Besides, what fun is stalking someone who I'd rather be in be....." L'aire was wide eyed and nearly choked with laughter. Catching herself before she was a little crass in public.

John's grin spread as he watched Sasha's own, her giggle as infectious as her presence. Heading outside, he raised an eyebrow as she stopped herself. "Yes, I think I get the picture," he said, smiling, walking towards the trike. "I have to agree."

L'aire slipped on the bike in a more than practiced manner. Sitting at the right spot so that John easily sat in front of her. "Where first? Store or grabbing something at my place?" The Fairest looked at John with excited eyes. Almost all her fears were starting to wash away regarding relationships; save for one. "Wait, are we going to a store or getting take out?" Softly chuckling, not sure what he meant earlier. "Either is good by me. Whatever you prefer really. I'd hate to put you out for any reason." Her hands moved up and shook apologetically. "I um just don't want to wear out my welcome." Biting her lip she wanted to bury her head into John. "Sorry, rambling."

Finding himself comfortably sitting in front of Sasha, he glanced over his shoulder at her and smiled gently, his demeanour as calm and compassionate as ever. "You will never wear out anything, Sasha," he said, a glint in his eye as he started the trike. "I'm quite hardy." Pulling away from the fort, John cruised across town until it became obvious they were heading back towards Sasha's apartment. "Well, I thought we could have lunch at yours so you can pack a bag and then head to mine whenever you're ready. As for dinner, I wouldn't mind take out if you prefer?"

Seeing the glint in John's eyes warmed her in ways she'd never knew possible. L'aire hugged him tightly as they drove through town and she began recognizing places in her area. When he spoke again, the Dancer nodded. "Oh, right lunch." She laughed a little, as time seemed to stop when John was around. Not to mention that morning was a bit earth shattering, at least to the Winter Fairest. "It won't take me long to put stuff together." As she wondered for a moment, L'aire added. "Is there anything particular I need to bring?"

"Oh, and take out is wonderful too. Some place close to yours?" The Dancer mentioned more so that it wouldn't get cold on the trike.

"There's quite a nice place that does Thai nearby, if you like?" John replied while weaving along the streets. John makes sure that they arrive at Sasha's in one piece, taking his time and enjoying the ride. It reminded him once more of the first night they met, a chance encounter where she chose between he and Digger. Pulling up outside, he still wonders just how lucky he was and just how much of difference she had already made to his life. Stepping from his seat, he smiled warmly as he recalled that night.

L'aire took John's hand, as always, to get off the bike. "That sounds good. Anything is great." She snickered, realizing what she said was very cheesy. When they got into her apartment, L'aire hung up the jacket John had just given her. The Fairest went to the fridge and pulled out the stuff to fix a salad. "John, you know you can ask me anything too." Turning to him and smiling. "It's only fair of course." The Fairest Dancer laughed gently as some random thing came to her mind. "Isn't there some saying 'all's fair in... something and war'?" The Winter stopped a moment holding a container of something and slowly placing it on the counter. L'aire's heartbeat quickened right as she realized what words she left out. Maybe John doesn't know that one.

"Love?" John said, looking across at Sasha as he stood with his hands tucked in his pant's pockets. He had an innocent looking smile on his face. "I think that's in the saying." Finally he nodded at Sasha and walked across to wrap his arms around her waist. "I know, and I will, I want to know everything about you, Sasha. But, like the photos, I prefer to find out naturally."

Looking back to John when he said the word, she let it resonate in her head a moment. It was perhaps clear in her eyes that she was doing so before she spoke. "Yeah, that's the word." Uncontrollably blushing before she turned back to the counter. Completely avoiding repeating it.

Then in another motion, she felt his arms and how instantly disarming his touch was to her. When he spoke again, she leaned her head to the side and turned back slightly. The corner of her mouth upturned into a grin. "Okay, that makes a lot of sense." Breathing in she lingered in his arms for a little longer before moving around the stuff in front of her again. "I like this... natural thing." It was a little foreign to her, considering the previous situation she was in. Although he never really wanted to know either, at least the stuff that mattered.

With a smile, John bent his head forward and kissed Sasha on the shoulder, showing her just how much she meant to him. "Right, you go and pack your bag for the evening, and I'll make us some lunch. Sound good?" he asked, whispering into her ear, obviously grinning with excitement and anticipation.

L'aire breathed in as she felt John's kiss. It was little moments like that she reveled in. Not to mention the whispering, the Winter could almost feel the grin on her ear aside from hearing everything in his voice. A gentle giggle surfaced before she spoke, letting it all linger one extra moment. "Okay, that sounds great." Moving away from the counter, and John's arms she smiled with nearly a glow aside from what her Mein would have been if he could see it. Before turning to the small hallway, she paused to look back at John. I'm so lucky.

Stepping into her bedroom, she pulled down a small zippered bag that was different from her dance one. L'aire slipped into the bathroom to get the usual items and then back into the bedroom. A couple sets of clothes, just in case and their accompaniments. It didn't take her very long to pack, but she thought she was forgetting something. It'd been a year since she'd packed anything, it should have been old hat by now. Leaning out the door of her room she said in a voice just loud enough to call out without yelling. "John, anything particular I may need to bring?"

As Sasha moved towards the door, John watched her and wondered just how long lucky he was, turning to the counter and pulling out some bread to start making a sandwich. Hearing her voice coming from her bedroom, John smiled. "Not really, depends on how long you'd like to stay over," he replied, honestly. "It gets a bit cold but I'm sure we can do something about that," he added with a light chuckle, teasing Sasha.

"Ah, sweater." L'aire popped back into her room where a few more shuffling noises could be heard. A devilish snicker followed John's other words. "Hm, I may need a demonstration for doing something about the cold." With her flirtatious tone, a new found comfort was clear in her tone.

While she was putting a few more clothes in, she glanced at her dance bag too. Pondering and debating on what John said about staying. "Um, how far is Studio One from your place?" And in another breath she quickly added. "As long as I'm not inconveniencing you or anything." Looking back at her bag for work she was hesitant. "I'd need to bring my bag for work too, which would be a little much on the trike I think." Sighing heavily, realizing she should have thought it through before speaking. "I feel like such a girl." It was a mix of a giggle and a groan all in one tone.

John thought about where the dance studio was from where his apartment was before answering. "Its about a 20 minute drive," he replied as he started to shred some lettuce to place in the sandwich followed by some chicken from the previous night's dinner. "Would you prefer it if I go and get my truck?" John asked, obviously caring for Sasha's concern. "I can be back in under the hour."

Appearing in the hall with both bags, she walked toward the kitchen. Setting them down before moving to John. "Or we can just pop back over tomorrow too. I'm not in a hurry." Kissing his shoulder when L'aire got close enough to him. The Fairest wasn't trying to be clingy, they both did things separately a lot; but when they did make time together it was treasured. At least to her...and she was fairly positive it was to John too. "Or we can go together and come back. Either way is fine." Looking to his creations on the counter she grinned. "Those look good."

Turning to go get some glasses from the cabinet. L'aire pondered out loud with a chuckle in her voice. "I should look into a car soon. Not that I can't walk or take the bus, but it would probably be faster in the long run."

"Thanks. I do enjoy a nice sandwich," John said, finishing them both off by slicing them in half diagonally from corner to corner, and placing each on a plate. He smiled as Sasha kissed his shoulder and passed one of the sandwiches to her. "Here you are, enjoy."

"Cars are handy, certainly, and enjoyable too. I quite enjoy going on long drives or the odd bike ride," he joked, winking her way as he bit into his lunch.

Bringing two glasses of water to where they were, she set one in front of John. "Thank you." Taking a bite while John responded to her. After she finished chewing L'aire wrinkled her nose in thought. "You know, I don't think I've ever done that." Picking up the glass to take a sip before continuing. "The drive just to drive. Leisurely ride or whatnot."

Softly chuckling before taking another bite. "Then again, there's a lot of stuff I haven't done before. Not just casual driving." Blushing at a thought from earlier in the day. "...or recreational showers." She felt her the glow from the morning reappear over her. "But I suppose I should check that off now."

Mentioning the shower, John couldn't help but grin, the tips of his ears going slightly pink. He chewed down the mouthful and swallowed before answering. "Yes. That was very new," John said, still grinning. He leant on his elbows. "We really should try it again, you know, just to make sure it was as enjoyable as first time around."

To L'aire what she found absolutely attractive about John were little things like this. How he played coy and understood her joking around. Picking up a piece of chicken and placing it in her mouth chewing it and swallowing. She really wanted to say oh now, but refrained. Instead, the Dancer mentioned. "Yes, we should. Or even test out a different one to make sure it's not just solely one shower." Slowly licking her finger looking right at John after it left her lips. "You know, like your place..." A memory of chopsticks floated into her mind while she grinned beautifully while looking at such an amazing man before her.

"Like my place," John replied, copying Sasha's words. He grinned and found that he was eating his sandwich perhaps a little faster than normal. Maybe as a way of getting back to his place quicker. Wiping his mouth clean, John smiled. "I can't believe how lucky I am," he suddenly said, looking into Sasha's eyes.

Brows raising a couple times quickly when John repeated her. The Fairest too had finished and dainty like, wiped her mouth as well. Then she slipped between the counter and him. Looking up to him, L'aire slipped her hand over John's and pulled it up between them entwining their arms together. "I feel the same way, John. I..." Violet eyes locked into his own blue orbs. There was more she was feeling, but not saying. A breath like she was going to speak again, then stopping. Having already broke one promise to herself, the Winter couldn't do it again. But the fight was becoming a strain inside. Her head bowed to let her eyes still linger on John's, but her lips moved to the knuckles on his hand. Stowed in the kiss to his hand were the emotions she hid away; her eyes closed slowly while the contact lingered.

John was fairly good at reading people but even as Sasha hid away her emotions, the Ithaeur didn't pry, certain that when the time was right, she would finish whatever she wanted to say. As her lips connected with his knuckles, he smiled gently, leaning forward to kiss her head. "How about we head over to mine? I can show you...well, the lack of belongings I own," he joked, placing another kiss on her head.

L'aire wished he'd ask just once, but even then she wasn't sure she'd say. Not yet anyway. The Winter needed to keep that one last promise to herself. Even if it tore her up inside. But when John kissed her forehead, she was reminded of the patience she had and that he had the same for her. Grinning ear to ear she giggled sweetly. "Well, then I won't be in such a shock compared to my own." Pivoting in the small kitchen, she moved to grab her jacket. "I'm ready whenever you are." L'aire always hoped that he was different than others, and so far he'd proven that he was. So very very different, for that she was grateful.

Following Sasha from the kitchen, John grabbed his own jacket, the one that had the Crusaders vest attached to it, sliding it around his torso. Pulling out the trike keys, he took Sasha's hand instinctively as they left her apartment, and headed down to the vehicle.

For some strange reason, he was nervous. Perhaps it was because he was worried about what she would think of his place. It wasn't that he spent much time there. With his time split between work, the duties of the pack, and a fledgling relationship, John spent less and less time there. He wondered briefly if perhaps it would be better just leaving the place. It wasn't exactly home.

John pushed such thoughts from his head. The city was his home, and the people he had grown extremely fond of. As they reached the trike, John looked sidewards at Sasha, quite a loving expression on his face as he, as per usual, offered a helping hand to the dancer.

L'aire concluded in her mind she needed to tell him something. Maybe it was that female sort of thing that she worried if he kept wondering. She had enough real things to keep from him as it was. The Dancer was excited to see John's place. She had to know. To know this was all real. To be reassured that this wasn't another Lorenzo type of man. While they walked to John's trike, she squeezed his hand gently and perhaps her excitement seeped into that simple gesture.

Before they got on the bike, the Fairest saw the expression on John's face before taking his hand. It may have not been a big deal to him, but to her it was. And L'aire couldn't help but let escape a gentle. "..what?" from her lips while her eyes gleamed to him.

As Sasha stepped onto the trike, John paused as she began to mouth something, and his interest was truly piqued. "What?" he smiled, staring into her violet eyes as he stood beside her, still grasping her delicate hand.

"I thought I felt...saw something." Looking back into his gentle blue eyes, the Dancer's cheeks began to turn pink. "In the way you...um looked." Her face was totally flushed. L'aire was certain she was over reading into it.

"Oh," John said, finally understanding. "Well, yes, I may have." He sighed but it wasn't a sigh of the depressed or the weary, it was one of contentment. He continued to look into her eyes. "I've never said 'I love you' before, Sasha, and I'm not too sure if this is love....but it feels so right, that maybe it is. I don't mean to come across too heavy but I can only say how I feel. Its all I've ever known." He paused, heart racing, the butterflies fluttering. "I love you, Sasha."

The power of three words. For as much as L'aire had been waiting for this moment...and holding herself from saying it first, she was speechless. Her eyes transfixed on John's which always steadied her, now there was a flurry of emotion inside. The Fairest's heart pounded in her chest and rang in her ears, mixed with "I love you, Sasha.", over and over again. Still not releasing his hand, if only that her fingers tightened more. Nearly saying it earlier, she opened her mouth to speak, but words didn't come out. L'aire, say something!

Oh, no... John thought as the silence between them stretched on. Trying to keep the smile on his face, pulse increasing at perhaps he has gone too heavy, too fast, he spoke. "Sasha, please say something."

"John..." She finally let out in a whisper. "I think it is." L'aire began to answer him. "Love." Pulling herself to him and off the bike. "And right." Keeping her hand around John's her other arm slipped around his shoulder. The Fairest didn't realize something wet slipping from her eye. "I've wanted to say it. I just wasn't sure...you would." With that, the Dancer stood on her toes, pulling close and embracing him. Trying to reach his ear with a soft voice, heavy with emotion. "John, I love you truly." And probably choked up a little.

A wash of relief and joy flooded John's Uratha system, and he hugged Sasha, smiling like a dolt. His arms, although not that muscular, still held a lot of strength and he gripped the dancer with the love that he held in his heart. Without a word, he found her lips and kissed her deeply. After some moments, he broke and looked deep into her eyes. "Does this mean you're my girlfriend? Or are we too old to say that?" he laughed, nervously, knowing exactly the age difference between them both.

The Winter felt what John said, past words and past the look. As he hugged her, it resonated through and through all the way into the kiss. L'aire had relaxed into him, more than she usually did. Mainly because she felt melted by John. When their lips parted, looking up to him as he asked and chuckled sweetly. At least he didn't suggest lady friend, that may have accidentally struck something. "I think that is what it means. I don't think there's an age cap on it." L'aire said giggling gently. "Unless of course you wanted to call it something else." Laying her hand on the left side of John's chest.

John grinned at Sasha's reply before kissing her again and getting onto the trike, his mind swimming with this sudden change. It was most exhilarating.

"Ready to ride?" he asked, looking over his shoulder with a glint in his blue eyes.

While she returned his kiss, the Fairest reflected a moment. L'aire really couldn't get enough of this, all of it. The way John was with her, sweet and kind and the kissing. Even though he'd just said the words, she felt loved long before. It was all the little things they shared that mattered. "Of course, I'll ride anywhere with you." Wrapping her arms around him affectionately and of course so she didn't fall off.

The trike roared to life and John pulled away from Sasha's apartment with pure excitement running through his veins. He took the roads carefully but not focusing like his usual self, instead his mind wandering to the events of this single day; a day of many firsts. He glanced over his shoulder very briefly and smiled before looking back on the road. Driving north from Sasha's, it took about twenty minutes until they pulled up outside a well-maintained apartment building, not too big possessing two-floors. The small patch of grass outside the main entrance was also well-maintained, cut regularly. In fact, it looked like a place where someone would come to retire. Switching off the engine, John smiled as he looked at his home.

It's real! Well wait, the inside will be telling. L'aire's excitement was slightly contained, but then again, maybe it wasn't. The Dancer only squeezed John tighter as they pulled up. Surveying the place slowly, until she saw every place around the outside she could see. "This looks really nice." Not that her own place was a dump it was just very mediocre in comparison, well in her eyes. L'aire pulled herself up a little right next to John's neck, softly kissing his skin before she asked. "So, where's your truck? Garage?" Nearly not skipping a breath. "What floor? Oh and anything unique about it?" The Winter realized she asked a lot of questions and her head bobbed back and she released her arms from the chaplain's torso, giggling slightly. "Sorry, too many questions."

John chuckled as he felt the kiss on his neck and Sasha's apology, and shook his head to remind her that there was no need. "Its on the ground floor, that one there in fact," John pointed towards a window next to the main entrance. When asked about the truck, John nodded. "Yes, its at Digger's garage, being used for...something or other." In truth, he didn't know. Digger asked to borrow it for something and John was happy to oblige. John took Sasha's hand, picking up her small bag with his free hand. "Come on, I'll show you around." Reaching the entrance, John used his key to let them in and just inside the main foyer were two doors facing each other with a stairwell a little further in. John led Sasha to the door on the right, a navy blue door. He opened it and allowed Sasha in. The walls were beige and the floors wooden, not solid wood but the stuff that was easily put together using simple DIY techniques. A pair of doors stood opposite each other, one to the kitchen and one for the bedroom, which happened to have an ensuite. At the end of the hallway was the lounge. Apart from a few framed prints on the walls and a coat stand, the hallway was quite bare. "Welcome to my home, would you like a drink?"

L'aire had looked to where John indicated his apartment was. Nodding when he mentioned Digger was using the truck knowing it was tangible. Squeezing his hand a little while they walked inside, she was so appreciative of the little things. When they entered the apartment, L'aire's violet eyes were wide as they took everything in. From the blue door, to the coat rack and the color of the walls. "Wood floors." The Fairest said as they walked through, entirely pleased by this. It was as he'd described it, nothing overly decorated but still it felt like John did indeed live there. "It's wonderful." Speaking quickly while trying not to choke up. Feeling the wetness begin again beneath her eyes, L'aire's hand quickly reached to wipe it away. "A drink...yes, please." Still looking around at the apartment, so glad that its all real. "John, you have no idea how much this means to me." Turning and pulling herself into him magnetically. Wrapping her free arm around him, while her hand was still securely in John's. "Being here, that is."

John was smiling and about to lead Sasha through to the kitchen when he felt her arm wrap around him and turned to face her, giving her a hug and a kiss on the forehead. However, there was something about her body language, perhaps in her perfect violet eyes that caused him to pause. "Hey, everything alright?" he asked, his voice caring.

"John, it's fine." L'aire softly put her head on John's chest after he kissed her. "Well more than fine." Her fingers curling into his a little more. "I was afraid none of this was real. That you weren't real." The Dancer breathed in a little staggered, searching for how to tell him. "The last man I thought I had feelings for never had them for me. Never showed me his own place. Or wanted me to speak more than necessary." L'aire hugged him tighter an softly spoke. "Never said the L word." She knew these were only surface details. John meant so much to her, she wasn't sure how to let him know any of her past. Sharing was particularly foreign to her up until recently.

Listening to the outpouring from Sasha, John could only smile and hold onto her a little tighter, loving her perhaps a little bit more. "Its alright, Sasha. If it sounds cheesy, then I'll be your rock," he chuckled, trying to lighten the mood, make her feel at ease. "How does tea sound?"

There was a song that partially slipped in L'aire's head while she was enveloped in his arms. Even though his eyes were blue, the rest fit marvelously. Tapping John's chest. "This is one of the many reasons I'm in love with you. You were that before, without question." And the Chaplain really was. Guiding her and letting her blossom again. He was irreplaceable. "I wish I knew what I could be for you." Softly asking back, a touch of humor in her voice but she was actually serious.

Smirking with a nod, the Dancer came a little further out of her shell earlier in the day. Well, they both did. "Sure... or... how does you and me sound?" Undoing the top two buttons of John's black shirt. Her violet eyes making gestures behind them to his bedroom or wherever else. Then something struck her as a half laugh came out. "Oh, no. I just realized I completely forgot pajamas." And knowing L'aire, this wasn't an accident, she really did space it out.

Looking down as his shirt was partially opened, John grinned in spite of himself, and at mention of Sasha's pyjamas he couldn't help but chuckle. "That was on purpose, right?" Taking her hand, his fingers locked with her, John showed Sasha his bedroom. It was about the same dimensions as Sasha's own room but with one stark difference; a lonely single bed pressed against the wall. A wooden dresser and wardrobe were against the opposite side of the room, and a bedside table with a lamp and a book on the top. John apologised immediately. "Sorry, military lifestyle. Still not got round to getting a bigger bed."

"What?" L'aire's eyes widened. "No. I could have sworn I was forgetting something as I paced around the room before." The Winter's face was flush red. Biting her lip a little as she was trying to be coy or something. "I mean it's not like you didn't see..." She may have been stating the obvious, but the Dancer felt like a barrier had been broke between them. Well, in private at least. Looking around the room with her fingers locked into John's she shook her head. "No, this is fine. No need to apologize." She looked up to him a soft smirk on her lips. "It's just going to be really cozy...very...cozy." If it were any other circumstance, the Fairest would have felt like she was about to be trapped. But it wasn't so because of who would be next to her.

S
    Sasha

John squeezed Sasha's hand a little, a small thankful gesture that she hadn't turned and ran from the sight of the holy man's bedroom. "Yes, very cozy indeed," he chuckled, finally looking towards Sasha and noticing her flushed face, which caused him to grin. "No need to blush, you can always borrow one of my tee-shirts if you would like to," John offered, wrapping an arm around her waist, letting his fingers playfully touch her side, making small circles where they fell. "So...are you still happy to stay over?"

L'aire breathed in; contented by John's hand around her waist. Grinning ear to ear a little coy eyebrow raise. "Maybe, a shirt... if it's needed. Or we could just see what happens by tonight." Looking to the bed, then to him again with playful eyes. "Maybe we should test it now." With a little faux serious she added. "You know, for the coziness of it."

Turning into the blue eyed man the Dancer's hands found their way to his biceps softly kneading them. "John, I'm more than happy right now. The bed is just a bed." L'aire took a small step backwards toward the single bed. "Like the night we danced with no music, we'll work with what we have."

John smiled, grinned actually, as he wrapped Sasha in his arms and kicked the door closed behind them with a little back-heel. Carrying Sasha to the bed, he fell onto it, making sure not to squash the lithe dance instructor under his body weight. He brushed away her blonde locks and smiled before kissing her.

Working with what he had.

L’aire’s violet eyes widened a little as John slightly kicked the door shut. She liked that he could surprise her once in a while. It was the little things. The Fairest had gasped when John picked her up to carry her. It was exhilarating, like a dance partner would do, except a different kind of dance. “Mmm, I think we released a different side of you today John.” L’aire’s legs wrapped around him instinctively. As they kissed, she felt like melting again while undoing a couple more buttons of his shirt. “I’ll never grow tired of this.” The Dancer softly whispered between kisses. “Being in your arms.”

John grinned as he lay on the bed. "Yes, I think you did," he chuckled once more and instead of replying, he simply done what he could never grow tired of. He kissed her once again.

As things began to move in a new rhythm they found, and articles of clothes ended up...somewhere. L'aire kissed along John's cheek and softly whispered into his ear. "I love you, John." She squeezed him tightly both by arms...and legs. "And I hope you never tire of hearing that either." Suddenly she felt like she was talking too much again. So many old habits died hard. "Or my rambling." Oh geez L'aire stop ruining how perfect this is.

"No, I won't," John replied, forgetting all about the worries and fears from the start of the day, and simply enjoying the time he had with the special woman in his life.

Closed Thread