Watch

Alvin Ailey Dance Show

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Miach

PRE

OOC

Ever since she had learned that the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater was coming to Davis, Esmeralda had been restless. While Miach enjoyed music, or even a good musical at times, dance had always seemed sort of... pedantic, to him. Esmeralda was much more artistically oriented than he though, and had made it very clear this was not to be refused on pain of severe retribution. Faithful to his habit, he had then gracefully agreed to go and give it a try...

As Fate would have it, one of her best friend had been dumped on the very night of the show, and the fiery Argentinean had no choice but to go and attend to her friend, but not without kindly insisting that he should still go and enjoy the Opening. He so would have to tell her how he found it...

And so Miach was there in the Mondavi Center in Davis, standing alone in the hall among a crowd of unknown dance enthusiasts, a glass in hand, waiting... Around him, the low buzz of people mingling and talking resonated with an eagerness he could perceive, but not share...

Davis wasn’t that far away, it was outside the normal range of the domain, but a simple bus ride for a show was nothing that the Bard hadn’t done before. Catherine had taken a Van for three days to get to a circle once. Less than an hour on a bus was nothing.

Although the idea of taking a moment in the back to just taste the others who were perhaps heading to the display of physical art did drift through her mind. The shadow set aside her physical hungers, this was a day to embellish her mind, and perhaps learn a new technique or two. Perhaps she could even get some of the dancers alone...

The point was that it was the first show in the area, and that was sure to be special. Her long skirt was traded for something a little more restricting but still beautiful. Her shoes were silver dancers flats, and although she forewent a drink, there had been that thought to find a lemonade.

Miss Martha would love this place.

Perhaps an autographed photograph of the dancers would be a fitting gift for the herald.

Catherine saw someone ( Bigpaw ) standing alone in the midst of the crowd, there was the thought that she should follow the stands of her schooling, but like she had been informed, perhaps it was time to break out of the shell.

Pretend it’s a play, and see where it goes.

First time?” she asked the blond man who had been standing so awkwardly and confused. “Or did your date wander off somewhere?
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Miach

PRE

It wouldn't have been sensible to have yet another drink before the show even started, but it was something Miach was seriously considering when a young woman came to him. Well, he was twenty no more, but he still looked good, he thought with pride, before remembering the woman at WiW. His smile quickly faded, and he looked her more warily before answering.

"First time, and no date." the tall Acanthus replied with a smile, but his eyes were fixed on her bag. ((if any, otherwise her hands))

He then shrugged like a man lost, and grinned. "You can only guess how lost I am ! You're familiar with the place ? or the show ?" the innuendo was obvious, but would she take the bait ? And would he trust her if she did...

The petite bard wasn’t carrying anything large, just a thin clutch attached by strap to her wrist -- her only piece of adornment besides the necklace. “Are you are a fan of dance, then.

That much she could understand, if he was.

And I would not say I’m familiar with this venue, and I have not seen this particular performance, but the dancing world is something that I spend some time following.

Catherine was just as alone at the venue as he was, although if she had to guess, he really had no idea what he was doing. And the tentative pickup line only made her smile.

Miach

PRE

Shaking his head, Miach could only answer by the negative to the question. "Well... a fan... not quite, admittedly." did he reply, embarassed.

"You see, I've been sent here because, and I quote "I'm positively sure you'll love it !"" he shrugged with a disarming smile, hoping it would carry his point that there was really no argument that could counter it.

"But in truth, I feel like a fish out of his pond..." which was only too true.

"Is this troup renowned in the dancing world, then ? What do you think of them ?" since she seemed more in her element than he, perhaps she could at least provide the bullet points of a dance show...

Ah, a virgin then.

It made sense.

You were sent then, when then you most ‘positively must love it.’” she winked. “The troupe is good, and you can tell by the number of people here, and by what they are wearing exactly how important they are. As for what I think of them, it is not the particular style of dance I practice, but the motions are exquisite. The sense of feeling is portrayed well, and the technique is something reminiscent of long hard hours practicing. It is dedication to a craft as well as an art.

She trailed off with a smile and a grin. “You will have to experience it to truly understand, Mr....” once again she trailed off, this time the slightest hint of a question.

Miach

PRE

"Blyes. Jonathan Blyes." did he answer, in his best Bond interpretation.

He immediatly went on with his questions, lest an awkward silence crept into the conversation. "I hope they'll be as good as you imply, and that I'll be able to experience it. I'm all for new experiences." Well... except getting shot, and being bedridden for days... and once again his smile faded for a moment. "Almost..." did he complete with a whisper.

"And what is your particular style of dance, Ms..."

Catherine‘s eyes widened at the name and she gave the man a quick look over. “Are you alright then? You are the same one who,” she leaned in closer, her voice dropping in pitch and tone, “got shot?

The story was suddenly on her mind, sure he was Kine, but that sort of thing was important, of course the report hadn’t included where he was shot, but the man...doctor...looked just fine on his feet.

She blinked a few times before registering the question about herself. “Oh, you will laugh, and view me so much differently if you knew.

Miach

PRE

Miach couldn't help but wincing when she recognized him. She couldn't be the only one, so his Shadow name was probably useless as it went, now. He would have to be on the lookout even further now, but he already felt like a creeping paranoia was spoiling his life. What could he do about it ? What should he do ? Meanwhile, the captivating woman was talking to him, and he focused back on her.

"I am he, and... recovering fine, thank you." it obviously wasn't a topic he felt comfortable broaching, so he shifted the talk as best he could.

"Try me !" She hadn't answered his question about her name, though, and his eyes grew slightly more wary at the realization.

She waved a hand in front of her face as if she was embarrassed, before leaning in closer to him, or at least waving his head down. “I bellydance.” she said in a conspiratorial manner.

It wasn’t a very widely seen dance, but one she prided herself in. Of course it was the laughter that seemed to see her further from the stages every year.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread