Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Dinner For Two

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

They arrive at the restaurant, a nice little Italian place named Biba. Lyle stays with the car while Eclipse and Mirage are led by the host to a table in a corner. The restaurant is not very full tonight, and they are one of only a few parties in the dining room.

They are seated, and their host stands by while Eclipse views the wine list and then orders a bottle of some of their more expensive Italian Chardonnay.

The host disappears with to retrieve their wine, and Eclipse smiles across the table at Mirage.

"What do you think of this place?" he asks

Mirage thanks Lyle as they exit the vehicle and takes Eclipse's arm as they enter the restaurant and are seated. The dress she chose is a silky white dress with streams of black that run through it, her hair is down and she gave it wavy curls that bounce softly as her heels click the floor. As usual she's adorned the dress with silver that matches her shoes.

Dress(w/special thanks to Benji)

When the wine arrives she smiles about his selection and daintily takes a sip before answering, "Lyle has good taste, did he recommend anything?" When she asks this she opens the menu and browses it idly.

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

Eclipse snickers "Lyle hasn't been here. I'm sure he simply found this place on some internet website or something. I had heard of this place before, though. From what I hear it's all supposed to be pretty good. I can order for us, if you'd prefer." He looks questioningly across the table at her. It was something he'd done in the past, especially before she became used to dining in places that were just a little on the nicer side.

Usually nicer than this

He charmingly smiles, awaiting her answer.

Mirage laughs lightly, "perhaps you'll consider giving your assistants a raise?"Emphasis on the plural. She scans the menu over again then folds it up, she liked it when the man ordered and it'd been since San Diego that she had a guy treat her so nicely, odd that it was the same guy different town but nice nonetheless. "You should, I wouldn't know what was best with the wine." It wasn't true course, she knew precisely what would taste right with the lovely wine he ordered but she couldn't pass up the opportunity to be taken care of.

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

For himself Eclipse selects the Veal Scaloppine, and for Mirage he selects the Grilled Lamb Chops. He also selects an appetizer of Calamari Fritti for them. Their waitress, an olive skinned woman with dark hair wearing a smart white shirt and black skirt, thanks them for their order and walks back to the kitchen. She returns a few moments later with breadsticks and sets them down between them.

"Have you had any Sleeper cases since coming to Sacramento?" he asks Mirage.

Meanwhile he helps himself to a breadstick, pouring himself some olive oil in a small side plate and dipping the bread in it before taking a bite.

"No, not really. I've talked to a couple possible clients but I haven't learned enough about their cases to make a decision. Besides, I told you I've been off lately. I want to get more settled in but apparently they heard about me through the San Diego firm."

Mirage rips a bread stick in half and dips it through a bit of olive oil and nibbles at it.

"Why do you ask? If any cases come my way that seem like that seem prevalent to the Ladder I would come to you, you know."

She sips her wine, considering it to be the raise she dropped a hint about.

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

"Do I really come across as such a constant businessman? Can I not ask about my friend's life without it being in the interest of the Order?" Eclipse laughs, swirling the wine in the glass before taking a sip.

His eyes remain on her, smiling at her over the rim of the glass while he sips his wine. He sets the glass down, and brings the cloth napkin to his lips - dabbing his mouth. Setting it down, he seems to sigh a little before beginning to talk business again. "Moving to Sacramento was a drain on my personal finances, and now I've employed Sarah as well. This isn't the most opportune time to be asking for a raise. In the future I expect to see some of my investments maturing quite lucratively. When that happens I'll be in a much better condition to reconsider your request."

He watches her as she considers her response.

Mirage smiles, "see? You can't stop," she laughs again, the noise like a little bell in their corner of the restaurant.

"Actually, you take good care of me but I can't speak for Lyle," she says as she watches the waitress pour a splash of wine into her almost empty glass, certainly Lyle wasn't enjoying these benefits.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Narration

The waitress sets another bottle down. It's a new one -- champagne. Veuve Clicquot, mmmmm mmmmm.

"From the gentleman over there," the waitress says, indicating a thin, young-ish Asian man.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Eclipse
    Eclipse

PRE

Eclipse frowns "Has he spoken to you? He doesn't seem unhappy to me. I take quite good care of him, you know. He was in a foster home when he was first discovered by the Ladder. He suffered greatly at the hands of abusive foster parents, and his 'brothers and sisters' in the program. That was not even ten years ago. He asks a lot of questions about the Supernal, and the ways of magic, and I do my best to answer him when I can. He hopes to Awaken someday. I don't think the money matters so much to him."

He waves a hand, smirking and looking off "I suppose I work him a little hard. I could see giving him some more personal days. Perhaps a... small increase in pay." He eyes her, a glint in his eye. "Would you be happy then?"

Eclipse looks over at the man the waitress indicates, nodding graciously to him. The waitress pours Mirage and he a glass of the champagne and Eclipse raises his glass to the man before he takes a sip. As the waitress is about to walk away Eclipse says to the waitress "Could you ask the gentleman if he'd like to join us?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread