Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Spiral XIII

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    I
    Irina

The Spiral's a bar that pretty much everyone's heard of, and no one knows anything about. There's too many stories for it to be real; one guy says there's a European Human Trafficking ring running out of there one week, next week it's a group of people running flesh for NAMBLA, next it's illegal firearms, and the week after that, maybe the Hook-Handed Killer showed up and showed 'em all a thing or two. The truth's a lot more mundane and a lot less interesting.

It's a bar, with wooden panelled walls and a scarred old guy, who looks like every other scarred bartender with a shotgun under the counter. The people who come here tend to be the people who want to get drunk. The booze swings between okay and paint-thinner, but at least it helps you sleep at night after a couple of shots.

Hunters know it as a meeting point between cells, a place where you can slip down to the basement if the bartender knows you, and trade a bit of info or get a little no-questions-asked surgery.

Mortals know it as a Goddamned dive where you can get a quiet drink without anyone really paying attention to it. Either way, it's a good enough place to meet new people.

The Spiral is pretty empty at this time of night, and as the clock hits 10pm only a couple of regulars are skulking in corners nursing pints of beer. A dart board has been propped up on the far wall, maybe as a concession to people wanting a bit of entertainment.

How this works

C
    Cross

Tony Girardi arrived at the Spiral shortly after he punched out at work, wearing the cheap grey suit that he'd gone in with. He had a black shirt on underneath. The only concession he'd had a chance to make for comfort was removing his tie and undoing an additional button. He wasn't sure if Tom Harrison was coming out tonight, but if his partner did happen to come by... well, that would be just fine.

Slipping up to the bar, Tony took a seat. "Evening," he said to the Old Man pleasantly. "Could I have a Guinness, please?"

Lynx pushes open the door to the Spiral. Just another night at the bar for him. It was more of a habit now than a need to get liquored. The good news was that he had nothing to be worried about these days. April and him were still together and doing well, and Derevko was alive and getting better every day. At least his body's health was returning. His attitude would never really change, but that was fine. It was familiar to him now, which made it normal.

The bar seemed normal too tonight, just the usual patrons and the always vigilant Old Man behind the bar. Even his coworker was there. Had he been here last time too? He searched his memory but couldn't put his finger on it. Ah well, didn't matter, he was here now.

"Evening, Girardi," said Lynx, sitting a couple seats down from Tony. They were coworkers but they weren't buddies, no reason to get cozy with him. "Say, Barkeep, a Beer, please," he requests of the Old Man. Couldn't stay if he wasn't paying after all.

Tom arrives next, having had to make a quick stop after they closed up at the office. He's pleasantly surprised to see not only his partner, but Agent Jaeger there as well. They'd met in the office, of course, but hadn't had a real chance to get to shoot the breeze yet.

He quickly makes his way over to the two other Agents and gestures to the barkeep. "And one for me as well." He takes a seat next to Agent Giardi, narrowing the gap between them and the senior Agent. "Good evening to both of you. How're you doing tonight?"

I
    Irina

The Old Man looked up at each of the three men in turn, but his face was set into his usual mask of grim. It was possible he thought it good that three law enforcement guys had strolled in, but... it was just as likely that he didn't give a shit.

"Which one?" he asked of Girardi, and gestured to three of the shiny silver taps: Guinness Draught, Guinness Red and Guinness Extra Smooth.

Assuming that his buddies would desire the same, he waited for the answer before pulling any pints.

K
    Kazakin

A scarred ex-cop walks into a bar.

It sounded like the start to a really shitty joke. Probably with a punchline like 'You'd think he would have seen it!' or something.

Derevko didn't feel much in the mood for jokes. He was still walking with a pronounced limp, and his clothing looked baggy and crumpled. He was gaining weight, sure, but it took time, and he'd lost a lot in his captivity. He was here now, anyway, because... because it had been part of the routine, and sometimes it was important to just do shit because he could.

He sat down at the bar, away from Jaeger and... probably other agents. Replacements, really. Hah.

The Lucifuge Agent stared at the Whiskey and wondered if it would really be so bad throwing it up afterwards. Fuck it.

C
    Cross

Girardi looked to the senior agent as he came in, raising a hand in friendly greeting. "Hey, Jaeger," he said pleasantly. "How are things?" As Tom arrived, he flashed his partner a grin. "I'm good, Tom, glad you could make it."

The Old Man had a very relevant inquiry, given the way the orders had come down - they all seemed to want the same thing, so Girardi shrugged. "Let's go with the draught." Keeping it simple was fine by him. Extra Smooth Guinness? Really?

Tom nods at the barkeep, "Same for me." It was a shame they didn't have the extra stout, but not unexpected. Typically you only found that in the specialty liquor stores in glass bottles, or at the source, he supposed. "Long day, lot's of paperwork I needed to catch up on, but done with that now, at least for today." Tom's smile is genuine and toothy. It's clear he's glad to have a moment to relax and have a beer.

It had been a little while since April had stopped by the Spiral, partly because there were better bars to go to in Sacramento, but also because she had been quite busy. Between her graduate studies, trying to pay the bills and the little nuisances of life, stopping for a drink at the shitty dive had dropped rather low in her list of priorities. However, that night she had some time to spare and the urge to go down to the sketchy bar to get a strong drink. After all, most of the hip bars in Downtown Sacramento served crappy girly drinks that had way too much sugar, and not enough alcohol in them.

Wearing a rather unassuming getup, consisting of a pair of blue jeans, a Led Zeppelin t-shirt and a brown leather jacket, April walked through the front door of the Spiral. Her eyes scanned the crowd in one sweeping movement, taking note of the two men chatting it up with Lynx. However, what really caught her attention was a certain scarred man, who happened to be sitting on the opposite end. I guess some things never change, she thought to herself, a smile forming on her lips. After all, April happened to like Derevko, even if he was a little...rough around the edges. But more than anything, she was happy to see him back in action after being gone for so long.

Ignoring the rest of the people at the bar, April walked over to the scarred agent and took a seat next to him. "Long time no see," she said to Derevko, resisting the urge to give him a hug. He probably wouldn't like that, she thought to herself, giving him a sincere smile instead. "Its good to see you back around these parts."

Jaeger didn't notice the scarred ex-agent right away. Though if he had he'd probably say something to him like 'are you sure it's alright for you to be out of bed?' and then receive a gaze that could melt his forehead. Either way he was chatting with his new coworkers and that'd be all kinds of awkward for all of them.

"Things are hunky dorey," replies Jaeger in a not-so-hunky-dorey way. He looked to the Old Man as he queries Tony, "Actually make mine a draught too, thanks." Beer was beer, but beer on tap was much better than a bottle. At least he thought so.

"Evening, Tom," responded Jaeger to the cheery agent beside him, reminding himself that it wasn't weird they were drinking the same thing. People like Guinness, it's a fact.

"So I haven't had a chance to ask yet, but where did you two work before you came to DHS?" It seemed as much of an icebreaker as any, but if they ended up at Geosciences they must have fucked up somewhere in their career.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.