Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 57
DISPLAYED
The Spiral XIII

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

April smiled, feeling a sense of relief as she heard Derevko's response. She had originally regretted making the offer at first, thinking that perhaps he would laugh at her or just turn it down altogether. But since that wasn't the case, she was actually glad that she had broached the subject.

"Honestly, I don't know what I'm going to do after I graduate," she said in response, letting out a soft laugh. "I've got a little time to figure it out, but I haven't ruled anything out just yet." April couldn't really see herself as a beat cop though, but working as a detective definitely had a certain appeal to it, regardless of the shitty pay that Derevko had been alluding to.

As the scarred agent spoke about his own health, she nodded along with his words. "Of course, your health its more important than anything else right now," said April, smiling at him once more. "Like I said, its just something to consider in the future, if you want to get back into that sort of thing." She gave him a nonchalant shrug, not really wishing to push the matter further at that particular moment. After all, he did have his priorities, which was totally understandable.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

A stranger walks into the bar. An eccentric, from his explosion of russet hair, worn coat, and the loud tie that has been carelessly, crookedly, wrapped around his neck; coloured 'gator-hide boots click as he makes his way over to the bar. This man should not be in a place such as this.

Yet here he stands with a certain assurance in his bearing that he belongs. He makes his way with an unhurried walk, eyes flickering about him as he absorbs ... whatever the Spiral has to offer in terms of ambience. He arrives at the counter, leaning casually where there is space.

"I'll have a beer, please. Draught, if you have it."

C
    Cross

Girardi scooped up his new drink with one hand and his change with the other, leaving a dollar bill on the bar as his thanks for the service. "Cheers," he said to the Old Man, soaking up the booze and conversations going on around him idly. For a dive, the Spiral wasn't half bad. He looked to the Old Man with a flash of a smile. "Hey, I never did introduce myself properly. Tony Girardi," he said pleasantly, offering the bartender a polite, firm shake if he would have it.

The arrival of a man with the craziest hair he'd ever seen earned twin raised eyebrows from the handsome Fed for the briefest moment before he went back to sipping at his booze and paying attention to what was going on with the other Agents.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko considered it. Fact was, he liked April - a great deal. It was unusual that someone got the relative 'softer' side of the heavily scarred ex-Agent, but then that softer side was still everyone else's asshole, so maybe it didn't matter. On the other side, he remembered the Hotel. Fact was, April had shown up a couple of trained DHS: Geo agents, and even if DHS: Geo was the ass-end of DHS, they were still trained Government Agents.

She could make a good investigator. He could teach her...

Fuck, he shouldn't be thinking about that. He was tainted.

Yeah, but he also needed money.

"You got my number, right? We should talk about this in a few days. Some place a bit more conducive to conversation than this shithole."

April shook her head at the question, realizing that she had never gotten Derevko's number in the past. Quite possibly because she could just have Lynx get in touch with him for her if needed. "I actually don't," she said, giving him an apologetic look. "But if you give it to me, I'll definitely give you a call." Her expression lightened up, as a smile formed across her lips once more. After all, she was certainly excited by the prospect of working and learning from the scarred agent. "Certainly, we could meet up somewhere else to discuss semantics and what not," she added, her smile widening just slightly as she pulled out her phone to type in his number.

I
    Irina

The Spiral will close in 24 hours.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko frowned briefly, and reached into his jacket, to find a complete lack of business cards.

Right. I don't need those any more.

The thought was bitter. He grabbed a pen instead, and flipped over a bar mat, scouring his number into the back. There was a slight jerk to his writing, as though his fingers weren't quite going where he wanted them to. The muscles were still stiff and awkward.

"There you go. Don't worry about catching me out of hours - I don't have any."

It was an attempt at a joke. Just not a good one.

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.