Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
On the Range

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    C
    Cross

BZZZZZZZZT.

Girardi pulled his service pistol from his holster and began to sign his log for marksmanship hours, wishing the paperwork for the use of his service pistol at a range to be in order before he did so. He was in the middle of the stalls at a public range downtown, A-6 of thirteen on this side, and was doing what he often did; shot targets. He preferred to remain professionally sharp on his pistol, even if DHS: Geo seemed as though the only person he'd ever need to shoot with his gun was himself in the head from embarassment.

He hadn't even bothered to tell his parents about his 'transfer'. Frankie Girardi would have his son's nuts for meatballs when he found out, of that Tony was sure. Next Christmas was going to be interesting when he ran out of excuses to not come home.

The shooting let him not think about it. Plus, he'd invited Tom Harrison out for practice too. His partner was a decent enough guy, and it never hurt to get out there and do stuff with people.

Once he was satisfied, he slammed a clip into the Glock and pressed the red button to begin the targets popping up.

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Four targets sprouted holes nicely in centre mass as he fired from a solid Weaver stance. Somewhere in there was one who took a hit in the shoulder and one target remained entirely untouched. He snapped from the shoulder and point-shot the one he'd missed, blasting it dead-centre...

Girardi shoots!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-27 18:28:07 Tony Girardi rolls 9 to Kill the Paper I Missed (10 Again) 8, 7, 10, 10, 4, 1, 6, 2, 10, 9, 6, 9 6 successes
    2013-01-27 18:26:53 [06] Tony Girardi rolls 9 to Pistol Range! Dex3+Firearms3+Spec+2eq (10 Again) 4, 3, 5, 6, 3, 7, 5, 6, 5 failure
    2013-01-27 18:26:53 [05] Tony Girardi rolls 9 to Pistol Range! Dex3+Firearms3+Spec+2eq (10 Again) 6, 8, 3, 9, 6, 5, 8, 5, 8 4 successes
    2013-01-27 18:26:53 [04] Tony Girardi rolls 9 to Pistol Range! Dex3+Firearms3+Spec+2eq (10 Again) 8, 2, 8, 9, 9, 2, 8, 3, 5 5 successes
    2013-01-27 18:26:53 [03] Tony Girardi rolls 9 to Pistol Range! Dex3+Firearms3+Spec+2eq (10 Again) 4, 7, 8, 9, 1, 8, 8, 5, 4 4 successes
    2013-01-27 18:26:53 [02] Tony Girardi rolls 9 to Pistol Range! Dex3+Firearms3+Spec+2eq (10 Again) 7, 5, 3, 7, 1, 4, 9, 5, 7 1 success
    2013-01-27 18:26:53 [01] Tony Girardi rolls 9 to Pistol Range! Dex3+Firearms3+Spec+2eq (10 Again) 5, 5, 9, 10, 9, 2, 8, 9, 3, 7 5 successes

It had been a little while since April had headed down to the shooting range, partly because she had been rather busy with schoolwork and some other pursuits. However, she decided that some practice would be nice, so she wouldn't lose her touch and forget all about the pointers Derevko had given her. The Sacramento Bee had announced that the scarred agent had been found in its latest issue, which had certainly been good news to the girl. I should call him sometime, maybe pay him a visit, she thought to herself, wondering if he'd be ok with such a thing. Maybe I should consult with Lynx first; they were partners after all...

Not wasting any time, April walked into the range, bought a small box of ammunition to use while she was there and headed back to the shooting lanes. After setting up her target, she proceeded to take the revolver her father had given her, a smirk touching the corner of her lips. Memories of her family always brought her some comfort, and in a strange way, holding the revolver in her hands made her feel like her dad was with her in some way, even if he was actually thousands of miles away.

Loading half a dozen bullets into the six-shooter, April cocked the gun and walked up to take aim at the target in front of her. Bend your knees. Don't lock up your elbows. She could hear the scarred agent's voice in her head, hearing his advice loud and clear. Center mass, every time. Triangle spread. She raised the revolver in front of her, using both hands to get a tight grip on it without locking up her elbows. Don't hesitate when pulling the trigger...

As April pulled the trigger, one loud shot was heard after the other. There were six in total, since she was using a six-shooter after all. Five of her shots had created a nice triangle pattern around the chest area like she had intended to do, which certainly brought a little smile to her lips. The sixth one had pierced the paper target right in between the eyes, or at least where the eyes would be if it would've been a real person instead of a simple target. I guess I haven't lost my touch after all, she thought to herself as she turned to the box of ammo to fetch some more bullets.

target practice
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-28 09:56:20 [06] April Davenport rolls 11 to Dex+Firearms+Spec+Equipment to Target Practice! (10 Again) 2, 7, 9, 4, 3, 2, 9, 1, 9, 9, 7 4 successes
    2013-01-28 09:56:20 [05] April Davenport rolls 11 to Dex+Firearms+Spec+Equipment to Target Practice! (10 Again) 1, 6, 9, 4, 9, 2, 3, 7, 6, 1, 7 2 successes
    2013-01-28 09:56:20 [04] April Davenport rolls 11 to Dex+Firearms+Spec+Equipment to Target Practice! (10 Again) 10, 9, 3, 1, 10, 1, 9, 10, 4, 9, 7, 10, 9, 5, 2 8 successes
    2013-01-28 09:56:20 [03] April Davenport rolls 11 to Dex+Firearms+Spec+Equipment to Target Practice! (10 Again) 4, 8, 3, 10, 8, 10, 10, 4, 4, 6, 4, 10, 5, 1, 6 6 successes
    2013-01-28 09:56:20 [02] April Davenport rolls 11 to Dex+Firearms+Spec+Equipment to Target Practice! (10 Again) 3, 1, 6, 2, 2, 10, 9, 4, 3, 9, 6, 1 3 successes
    2013-01-28 09:56:20 [01] April Davenport rolls 11 to Dex+Firearms+Spec+Equipment to Target Practice! (10 Again) 6, 4, 9, 5, 10, 10, 8, 2, 9, 1, 7, 6, 3 5 successes

C
    Cross

Girardi couldn't help but notice the gorgeous girl blasting the everliving fuck out of a target with a heavy revolver. He turned and watched for a moment, a small smile crossing his face as she let off a series of shots that would have made an ERT marksman proud. "That's some impressive shooting," Tony said, eyeing his own pistol for a moment, then the girl again. She didn't look like a cop or anything, as hot as she was and whatnot... but then, in his streets, neither did he.

Tom strides into the range with all his gear in tow. "Sorry I'm late," he says to his partner as he passes the stall. Then he does a full stop and a double take, his face suddenly breaking into a devil-may-care smile. "Hello," he says, pausing to juggle his armload of stuff to free up a hand and giving up after a couple seconds. "That's mighty impressive, Miss? Where'd you learn to fire a revolver like that?"

Great, Harrison, real smooth there. You trying to come off as a cowboy or just demeaning?

As she was complimented on her shooting, April turned to face the two men who had addressed her. "I've had a couple of good teachers," she said in response, giving both of them a quick wink. "I'm April by the way." With the brief introduction, a smile curved into her pretty lips. "Haven't seen you two around before," she added as she finished loading the next set of bullets into her six-shooter. "Are you guys new in town? Or is this the first time you swing by this particular range?"

C
    Cross

Girardi gave Harrison a nod and friendly grin as he came in that plainly suggested he wasn't worried about Tom being tardy, then returned his attention to the girl. "You'll have to let me know if those teachers are taking new students!" he said with a chuckle. "Tony. A pleasure. This is Tom," he said. At her question, he looked to Tom for a moment, then back. "I just moved here from DC, actually. But it's also the first time at the range. Not a bad place, really." A little shrug.

Harrison smiles and offers a nod of his head as his partner introduces him. He gives his own answer immediately after Tony finishes. "I'm a local, though I was in DC for a short time as well. Used to work on the other side of town, though. We used a different range, so this is the first time I've dropped by here. Gotta say, I think I like this one better." He smiles as he speaks, but also glances around for a place to deposit his things, finally settling on the nearest unclaimed shooting stand.

The girl chuckled along with his words. "Well, one of them happens to be my father, who lives thousands of miles away," she said to the agent with a quick wink. "The other, well...he recently got released from the hospital I think, so I'm not sure if he'll be taking on any new students anytime soon to be honest." Her eyes grew distant for a brief moment as she thought of Derevko, hoping that he was doing alright.

"Tony and Tom? Well, its a pleasure to meet you both," said April, offering them a pleasant smile. When Tony mentioned being from DC, she couldn't help but let out another chuckle. "You don't say...I'm from the DC area myself actually, lived there for most of my life until I left home for college." Her smile widened slightly as she said those words. "If you don't mind me asking, are the two of you cops or something?" asked April, wondering if her instincts were as good as she thought.

They certainly look the part...

C
    Cross

"Ah, fair enough," Tony said, flashing a little pearly whites at the wink. Turned out it was a small world, after all. "Is that right? Man, I miss it. Such a great place to live." At least, it had been for him. Federal service at DC was where things were happening, and he'd loved it. "College, eh? What do you take?"

Her final question definately had him look over at Tom for a moment. "And here I was thinking we could blend in," he laughed. "Or something, really. We work for the government." He gave a little shrug. No big deal. Even when Tony had been a member of a DHS department that wasn't a fucking joke, he hadn't been one to strut that shit with the ladies. Turns out 'yeah, baby, I'm a Federal agent' wasn't as much of a panty-dropper as some Federalis thought it was.

Tom begins to check over his firearms. He had packed them earlier, of course, but you never went to use a gun without first inspecting it if it had been outside of your immediate possession at any time. He catches Tony's glance and raises a single eyebrow for a moment. It would seem his partner wanted to keep their exact position on the DL. He simply nods at Giardi's words. "I was only in DC for a few months myself. Still, I found it to be a very interesting city. I wish I had had more time to explore. Sadly I only really got to see what anyone who goes there does -- all the tourist areas mostly."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.