Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(SK) Gathering At Reverence

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Dr. Swift spends some time after his question considering. He nods to Mr. McCann's response, it made sense. As the coffin is opened he turns his study to the contents. He applies his knowledge of anthropology and archaeology to the task, but doesn't immediately come up with anything that hasn't already been said. Taking the path of prudence he remains quiet for now, watching and listening.

failure - and not due to 1's.....why, dice roller, why?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-05 21:59:35 Dr. Swift rolls 7 to examine the relics (1s Subtract) 7, 2, 4, 5, 2, 4, 6 failure

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The body certainly looks old. With the tight, gaunt skin resembling a mummy's dessicated remains, it's difficult to place an age on it.

Of course, any Kindred starved in Torpor looks similar.

Teo places the heraldic device, much as Aileen had -- the device of the 11th century Spanish kingdom of Castile.

Chris Wooding , Teodor Raluca , & Dr Robert Swift may make Intelligence + Crafts checks with a -3 Difficulty. Chris and Teodor may add their Auspex dots to the roll.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris can't help but to look curious, Torpid Kindred are always fascinating, the older the better.

Before he forgets, though: 'Is there something particular we can recognize the woman by, beside her beauty?' Chris - after the vision of his old Priscus von Schusten - is ready for anyone to come back to the Domain. And there are particular beautiful, demanding and possibly very quick women he would rather never see again.

The question asked, he tries to see something out of the ordinary about the Spanish Elder. The supernatural ordinary that is.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-07 17:18:41 Chris rolls 4 to Int + Craft + Auspex - 3 difficulty (10 Again) 8, 3, 7, 7 1 success
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Dr. Swift continues his silent study of the coffin and the artifacts, but nothing continues to occur to him.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-07 22:02:59 Dr. Swift rolls 1 to Int + Crafts [untrained] - 3 [difficulty] (10 Again, Chance) 5 failure

B
    Beej

Interesting... "Do we have a copy of the article you mentioned? Does it mention where in the Baltic he was discovered?" Teo asked of Callum briefly before returning his attention back to the coffin.

2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-07 21:57:57 Teodor rolls 5 to Int3+Craft3+Aus2-3pen (10 Again) 3, 5, 7, 10, 2, 10, 4 2 successes

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Chris and Teodor both notice that one side wall of the coffin is slightly thicker than the other...
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

B
    Beej

That..is interesting. "A secret compartment?" Teo said pointing to one side of the coffin. "Pardon me. I believe this side is thicker than the other three."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

In the rush of their flight from the museum, the sight of the dessicated body hadn't really homed in on Aοleen. Now though that she had time to look at it leisurely, the face looked to her as if struck in pain, fear, or anguish, and she felt a wave of parallel feelings, nearly nauseating her, as she realized the Elder had been asleep for decades, dreaming without respite ! She quickly averted her eyes, and recoiled away from the body, trying to recover from the shock of the realization. The horror of the Sleep of Ages dawned on her with all its weight.

S
    Sabeleth

Dealing with the questions as best he could in turn, Callum began with Chris Wooding 's. "Hmm, well she had movie star good looks. About so tall, long brown hair, pouty lips. Looked a lot like Angelina Jolie I suppose. Obviously if you should see someone fitting that description please get in touch with the Reeve, myself and/or Deputy Burns immediately." He knew a second meeting was inevitable, and hoped he would be just as lucky.

Moving on to the second question he addressed Teodor Raluca . "You know Brother Raluca, as far as I can remember, we never did get a definitive answer as to where this came from. Mr Greyson's source had said Bulgaria, but I don't know if that was the origin of this skeleton, or just a place that happened to have a story about vampire skeletons. I don't recall the Curator saying where it had come from, but I suppose I could arrange to meet up with her and find out."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'Yeah I noticed that too...' Chris says while leaning down beside the coffin, softly knocking on the thicker part, checking if it sounds hollow. He wouldn't be surprised to find a last note or something.

When Callum responds to him, Chris must resist arching an eyebrow. Of course, a moment I forgot he's a Deputy. Instead he nods seriously.

'Naturally Deputy McCann, I'll look out for Miss Jolie.' A good humored grin follows, to show there's no mocking intended.

Then he draws a knife from his bag, while his other hand touches the thicker side again, using the Spirit's Touch. Either the old object would be very hard to read, or it has unnaturally strong emotions connected to it. Nonetheless he can always give it a chance. 'I'm trying something first...' he whispers, 'otherwise I'll try if I can make some space.'

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-09 17:00:22 Chris rolls 10 to Wits + Occult + Auspex to use the Spirit's Touch (10 Again) 7, 10, 1, 6, 1, 7, 6, 1, 7, 9, 6 2 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread