Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Erika stood, and made her way to the front.

She'd purposely kept her role hidden, even with her seat choice, to avoid dealing with favor currying. Without preamble, she addressed the contestants, every now and then turning to include the audience.

"These debates will begin with an opening statement by the challenged. The challenger may then make their own, as well as offer rebuttal. One ore rebuttal by each will be allowed, then two more questions by audience members which I select, and then a closing statement," she said in a dry, clinical manner.

"His Majesty's questions excluded from the total, of course,"
    Erika added with a nod to the Prince.

The redhead held out a hand to the podiums.

"Miss Velma Star , you may begin."

Feel free to debate via full roleplay, but be aware that Social Combat rules are in effect. More information is here. Please also feel free to ask questions about modifiers, etc.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma elegantly moves to the podium destined for her, as she arrives she addresses Erika.

“Thank you Regent Brady.” Velma nodded respectfully when she heard the redheaded shadow instancing her to begin the debate.

Before beginning she clears her throat, a small gesture from her singing days.

“Your Majesty.” Velma offers a respectful bow to the Prince, the tone of her voice even and polite if quite audible and sonorous.

“Esteemed officers of the court” The Daeva continues taking a few moments to search for Twist, Martha, Dillon, Daniella and the other officers, her eyes finally set on Regent Brady.

“Acknowledged members of the Domain.” She finally addresses the entire audience.

”Miss Cohen” her eyes turn to her opponent.

”I would like to thank the opportunity to be here tonight participating in these debates as well as the chance to have a moment of your undivided attention.” The expressive Kindred looks around the room ensuring she had captured everyone’s attention by now. Her eyes meet those of the Prince and she tilts her head, as if she was addressing him in particular.

”Tonight we came here to discuss ideas about how to better administrate the Regency of Florin to ensure the betterment of the domain as whole.” the succubus pauses for a while after finishing her introduction.

”The plan I idealized for the regency of Florin is twofold.” she begins.

”The first part of the plan consists in setting up a structure ensuring that all of His Majesty’s rules, laws and wishes are heard and followed to the letter in every corner of the regency resorting in the least to the resources already present in the domain.” Why would a regent be needed if he was still going to be a burden for the rest of the court…

”The second part pertains to the empowerment of the most valuable resource the domain has at his disposition.” Velma suddenly stops, there is an abrupt silence as her grey blue eyes scout the audience for any clue.

”Yourselves.” Her voice echoed in the room when the Daeva finalizes by transposing the cliffhanger but letting the suspense and several questions unanswered.

How I love the dice roller! (Need to account for Ashley's Guile.)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-19 20:30:45 Velma Star - Regency Debates rolls 11 to Oratory: Pre + Expression + SL + Well Dressed = 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 (10 Again) 6, 1, 1, 5, 2, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 6 failure

Dominance: oooooooo | Nerve: oooooo |Guile: oo
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley is barely an inch above five foot and does not look a day over twenty, yet there is a subtle mien shrouding her that conveys a different image. Each step to the podium is filled with confidence, calculation and the weight of a beast with a few centuries of existence. Ashley pauses behind the podium, momentarily adjusting the microphone to her diminutive height.

As Velma talks, she listens intently, occasionally glancing out to the crowd with a sudden smile of amusement. When her turn comes up, Ashley holds nothing back.

Glinting cobalt stares out across the crowd as words give life to thought.

“The Title of Mense Lord and Regent of Florin holds immense weight and responsibility.” Ashley’s voice is firm and unyielding.

“I am Ashley, Venture and childe of Belle, of the Cohens, and I can bear that weight and responsibility better than those that spoke before me, and those that will loath to follow after.” Her stern tone becomes laced with passion.

“The matters of the domain are not something I take lightly and without thought.” Ashley casts a quick glance to Velma.

“I understand the intricacies of running a Tenurial Domain, such as Florin, from a solid political and logistical viewpoint.”

“Upholding the Laws of the Traditions, Presentation & Acknowledgement, Personal Domain, The Blood Hunt, Right of Destruction, Treason, Etiquette, Inconcessus, and Nota Bene will be handled with the utmost urgency and importance.”

“Feeding, Tenancy, and Landholding will remain as privileges for those who serve the domain in an exemplary manner, not given away because of clan or covenant. And by extension of effective resource management, I will give residents of the domain more chances to prove themselves. Playing to their strengths and shoring up their weaknesses, to better serve and protect the domain as a whole.”

Ashley gives her regard to Velma, going for a more direct attack to pick apart her weak assertion. "You plan to setup a structure to ensure all of His Masjesty's rules, laws, and wishes are followed. Do you not have the sway and power to carry out his Majesty's will without need of a structure. Seems like it is either a potent crutch or a frivolous waste of resources."

"I agree that the members of the domain are potent resources but you have to expand upon how you empower them. If you are in need of some ideas I will assist you during the next break..."
    A smirk traces her lips as she prepares for the retort. Part of her feels disappointment in thinking this initial debate would be more challenging...

Attack-Guilde=4sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-20 10:15:21 Ashley Cohen rolls 14 to Presence+Expression(Speeches)+Higher BP+SL+Well Dressed (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 2, 5, 6, 3, 2, 6, 1, 10, 9, 3, 8, 4, 7, 9, 6 5 successes
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Forgot Domain Status=fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-20 10:47:46 Ashley Cohen rolls 1 to Status (10 Again) 6 failure
    5 sux when subtracting Guile from right to left on roll, otherwise still 4sux.

Social Combat

The Turn goes to Ashley; Velma loses 4 Nerve.

Turn 2 Begins...

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma heard Ashley’s speech about the regency with undivided attention. She was fully aware that her first round had been poor… but the ravager also knew that while she kept her cool she would still be able to win the debate, the ebb and flow wasn’t static and tides could be easily turned.

She only had to decide on a little dilemma. The Ventrue’s arrogance and pride was stamped for all to see and admire. How easy would it be for her to goad Ashley to a frenzy?… pretty easy. And that was not pride, it was a calculating mind deciding how to make her next move. But there was also benefits for playing it safe. She would be able to show the Herald @Chrisie that she wasn’t a kindred that wanted to win at any cost, that she had learned restrain and composure. Even if she hadn’t.

A few seconds pass in silence after Ashley finishes… instead of stepping on the tailcoat of Ashley’s retort Velma simply smiles to the Ventrue, a smile that said, you better not repeat the joke…

“Impressive Ms Cohen of the Ventrue clan, child of Belle of the Cohens.”

“Now we know why you are fit to rule Florin.” She simply states. There was no malice present and her implication was subtle, the tone was polite and the deadpan was so perfect that her words could actually pass for a true compliment.

“Because you so gallantly asked me to expand on how I pretend to empower the members of the domain I will break it down to you.” Her tone was condescending, Velma always the pedagogue...

“Please, try to keep up.” The Daeva smiles kindly while extending an open hand as a sign of trust.
    These words were just the friendly opening spar between two skilled contestants. Velma had little need of pressing further. She was, after all, playing it safe, but there was always a need to show everyone just how much further you could go if you needed to…

“Empowerment” The Daeva begins by addressing the audience again.

“My proposal on empowerment builds on trust and cooperation.” Her tone swiftly turns to one of finality.

“By working closely with the court officials and the Office of the Reeve I would propose the creation of a small cadre of hounds, a proving ground for kindred who had shown the initiative and the ability to fight of insurgents in the domain, but which would sharpen their tooth by patrolling the regency in the first place.” The Daeva is now fully immersed in her speech carefully expanding on her explanation.

“Such proving grounds could provide the domain and the office of the Reeve with prospective members fully apt to defend Sacramento from threats both foreign and domestic” Velma concludes

“That’s empowerment Ms. Cohen.” A small pause “And that’s cooperation too.” She adds sagely.

“I would do the same in other different fields as well.” Velma continues.

“the arts and the management of assets, both human and financial for example, we have kindred who are exceptional in those fields, and we have those willing to become better.”

“I would extend favor to those willing to teach, and give opportunities to those willing to learn. A regency wide guild system if you wish…” Ashley was not the only one with a sire in the Invictus after all…

“the domain as whole would benefit, and the regency would become a more safe and learned place with capable kindred fully dedicated to the betterment of the domain.”

8 suxx before guile being subtracted
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-22 17:39:44 Velma Star - Regency Debates rolls 15 to Man + Soc + Fame + Status + Well Dressed + SL + WP (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 5, 9, 9, 7, 2, 7, 5, 3, 9, 4, 8, 9, 10, 9, 8 8 successes

WP -3 | Nerve ooxxxx | Dominance oooooooo | Guile oo
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

So much for LD format...

Ashley held back the urge to clench her jaw as she maintained a smile upon her face. The nerve of the lesser predator to insult her was intolerable, but Ashley would have her revenge. She lowered her head as she listened to the Daeva's hallow words as she worked on a destructive counter attack.

Part of her kept drifting back to an incident a few decades ago with another Daeva, another city. She had coveted what Ashley had, yet Ashley also found out that the Succubus coveted her own living family. Needless to say it did not end to well for the Daeva, or some of their mortal family.

"I appreciate you finding me fit for rule of Florin and expanding upon how you pretend to empower members of the domain..." A sinister smirk snakes across her lips.

"I especially enjoy how you take what is already done within the domain, put no new spin to it, and pretend you are being innovative and forward thinking."

"Florin, under your pretend care, may very likely end up as some form of proving grounds."

"Under my management, I will not let the safety of Florin falter."

Ashley paused for a moment as she glanced out across the gathered kindred. "Sometimes it is the simple things we most often miss."

"In California businesses are not allowed to serve liquor past 2 AM. Imagine how the nights would change if they stopped serving at 4am..."

"What if the Sacramento RT ran twenty-four hours..."

Ashley glanced back to Velma. "The fate and safety of Florin is a very real thing that I do not take lightly."

6sux before guile subtracted
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-22 19:51:43 Ashley Cohen rolls 20 to Presence+Expression(Speeches)+Higher BP+SL+Well Dressed+Status+Salt the Earth+WP (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 7, 2, 10, 2, 4, 8, 4, 3, 4, 7, 7, 2, 8, 4, 6, 4, 9, 10, 3, 6, 8 6 successes
    Salt the Earth -1nerve

Social Combat

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

After Guile, @Velma Star is left with 5 Successes and @Ashley Cohen with 5 Successes. Tie goes to the higher Dominance Modifier. Velma wins the Turn, and the encounter. Ashley has used Salt the Earth; further interaction with Velma will be at -5.

Despite it being apparent that Velma has won, Erika steps forward.

"Are there any questions for these lovely, distinguished women?"
    she asks.

Although the words are perfectly poised, and her expression polite, the Mekhet's green eyes are alight with amusement. Apparently Erika is quite entertained by the cat fight, and doesn't mind throwing more fuel in the form of audience questions on the fire.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Edited above due to a miscount. Velma is the winner.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread