11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1301) Debate : Wooding (Winner) v Passions

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The large form of Arnold Culler moved forward.

"I echo the Hierophant's sentiment," he rumbled.

"For those of us that have no use for a country club, I fail to see any benefit... Unless you expect us to consider your offer to launder money and develop business -- which you will then be privy to-- a benefit," he continued.

Given that he'd once had similar aspirations, and bought a hotel, Culler was well versed in what Erich was promoting.

"A question for each, then. To the Hierophant, are you speaking of a library or research facilities available to all, or just tenants? To Mr. Passions, is there any benefit for those not concerned with country clubs and money?"
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

B
    Beej

question

That's 48 hours -- feel free to answer the questions posed, gents!

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich smiled warmly and compassionately at each man as they posed their questions. He took a moment, leaning his hands on the podium and glances down before returning his focus to the audience.

“Is their benefit for those not concerned with country clubs and money?” He moves away from the podium a bit, and steps closer to the audience. So that there is no object between him and the attendees as he speaks. His voice, takes on a different tone than he’d previously had, one of warmth and compassion. “This Domain has enjoyed its harmony because of the atmosphere of acceptance and tolerance created by the Royal Court. That is a theme I’d like to continue. I plan that Florin will be a number of things to different people. As I’m sure my opponent would like you to remind you all, it was not all that long ago that I was a newcomer to this city. But, it took only a short time to establish myself in the domain.

For many others this is not such an easy a transition. I made it a point to reach out and help others feel welcome. Regardless of clan or covenant. I am always available to assist my fellow Kindred in need. When some Kindred were left lost and alone, practically doomed to a quick end to their requiem, I took them into my home and have worked tirelessly to help them learn to be upstanding members of our society. My plan with the Regency isn’t simply a country club or an easy hunting ground, it’s to create a safe environment for Kindred to learn and grow. Through no fault of their own, our well-established Regents are difficult to approach. There are few neonates can comfortably approach such powerful predators. I’d like to create a more approachable atmosphere in Florin. As the First Estate’s Advocate and Speaker here in Sacramento I want all Kindred to feel comfortable coming to me with any issues they have so that I can help them. So I’d say yes there is a benefit to all Kindred in Sacramento.

My plans for Florin are not limited by any means. In addition, I’ve been working with several upstanding Kindred of His Grace’s Domain to establish further improvements to benefit all. Florin will house a “fallout shelter” if you will, should a tragedy befall the city, so the denizens of this fine Domain can remain safe.”

Turning to Teo he studies the Brother for a moment. “Your absolutely correct. Previous Regents have been able to maintain their Regency to the standards of His Grace. Yet, here we are now, in a Domain that seems to be quickly losing elders each day as their responsibilities call them elsewhere. My positions and dealings with both Kine and Kindred politics will only assist me in my efforts to continue to grow and improve Florin. My duty as Invictus is to relate, communicate, and negotiate members of other covenants as well as the unaligned. I am here to stay as long as His Grace will have me. Perhaps my fear is unfounded, but as Mr. Wooding has stated. He leads both a clan and covenant that is well positioned in the city. With so many Kindred already looking to him for guidance, I fear that he will not be able to put the Regency first, and we will soon find ourselves in this same position.

Erich looks down deep in thought as he moves to his place behind the podium, before looking back the the audience concern written all over his face. “I fear Brother, that Mr. Wooding lacks the ability to fulfill the duties as Regent, Priscus, and Hierophant, while pursuing his own studies. That’s not to say there aren’t those who could successfully fulfill all those duties. I simply fear that Mr. Wooding is not one of them.

Salt the Earth -1 Nerve

6sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-22 00:45:39 Erich Passions rolls 20 to Answer questions Passionately (Man4+Pers4+SL2+Status(Domain)1+Well Dressed1+5Salt The Earth) (10 Again (10 Again, WillPower) 5, 9, 7, 5, 4, 5, 6, 8, 1, 8, 2, 10, 9, 2, 7, 5, 6, 7, 6, 8, 6 6 successes

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

It is almost surprising to see how much nonsense can come out of a single person, in front of a large group of deadly predators. Chris expected a passionate move like this from a Daeva, the whole stepping forward drama act. However, he is quite shocked to hear such blatant insults.

As soon as Erich appears to be done warming up facial muscles to create false expressions, Chris is ready to snap back at him with a sarcastic tone. 'It is indeed incredible how you make yourself appear to be a friendly and totally approachable man, Advocate and Speaker Erich Passions. I hope you don't mind me expressing a slight disappointment for a moment about what you're working so tirelessly on. Because it is surprising to hear how a Kindred, with such titles seemingly important to the rightfully leading Covenant of Sacramento, fails to make a solid argument. And presenting your good arguments against mine is quite essential to having a debate at all.' Even though it happens unintentional, Chris can't help it but to search the audience for other Kindred of Quality. He wouldn't want to insult them all, but he has to see their reaction to this "speaker" making a fool of himself.

'However, I won't fall for your trick and make the same mistake. I do not know to what I owe the pleasure of being insulted by a man who I've met… once, or twice maybe?' Chris honestly doesn't seem to understand, although the amusement in his eyes doesn't make him look stupid. He turns to Arnold Culler. 'So let me first answer your question properly, Lord Culler. The research facilities are not to be used solely by tenants, and not all tenants will directly have access to the library. The benefits can be combined but are not tied together. Being a Regent simply makes this a possible opportunity for me, and thus for those interested. I even approve of multiple Kindred using the library, for we will share information so that there is always something in it for both of us. You must understand that, as several deals are going on at this very moment, the amount of knowledge I can store will soon be bigger than I can absorb on my own.'

He shortly looks at Erika, then at Teodor. 'Now if you’ll allow me, I hope I can answer your question as well, with an actual explanation instead of an informal fallacy.' He smiles a short moment before continuing. 'There is no maximum of responsibilities. As Mr Passions just said, we are in a Domain that has lost capable Kindred. Now that is the reason why some of us need multiple responsibilities. That is, if we don't want them to fall in wrong hands.'

He straightens his back as he still stands on the right place on the podium. His smile fades to show he at least attempts to take Erich very serious. 'Both my leading positions and my personal studies will be improved when I can center myself as Regent at one location where everyone can find me. Matters concerning Clan, Covenent or the Domain will easily be dealt with, for I can reassure you all I am capable of temporarily putting my books away when someone approaches me for more important business.'

I will soon post my roll
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Burning all my WP for a good cause
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-22 07:40:34 Chris rolls 18 to Man3 + Per 2 + SL1 + Status2 + BP1+Well dressed1 + 5 throwing salt back (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 7, 4, 3, 10, 1, 10, 1, 10, 2, 9, 8, 10, 1, 4, 8, 2, 8, 7, 4, 5, 6 8 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

After Guile is accounted for, Erich has 5 Successes to Chris' 8 Successes. Chris Wooding wins the Turn and the encounter. Chris Wooding and Erich Passions both receive -5 modifiers when interacting with one another going forth (as if we need dice to know neither of them are going to be fond of the other after this ) for Salting the Earth.

While it's clear that Wooding is the victor, for the sake of roleplay, feel free to make closing statements.

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich maintains his polite smile as Woodling finishes his response. Erich feels pleased with himself, though he knows he has lost.

A devious smile lights his face once more, as he glanced over at the Priscus of Shadows before delivering his final remarks. He wishes he could be there later when the Hierophant looks back upon this event and realizes that Erich might have planned to lose. The Shark put on a good show, though he clearly was not putting the same amount of effort into the exchange as his opponent. His natural presence could have allowed him to crush Woodling in the first round, but he held back. Then when the questions came, Erich forfeited his advantage of responding last. Jumping ahead of the Shadow and giving him the opportunity to form a retort to counter his statements. The Shark eyes Chris a moment longer, looking for weakness, a crack, a sign of the mental and emotional strain that his opponent had put forth to best the Beautiful Predator.

Finally, he begins to move. A Shark never loses, it just retreats and waits for another opportunity to devour it's prey.
    He walks from around the podium again, only this time instead of addressing the audience he looks Chris, and brings his hands together with force.

CLAP.

CLAP.

CLAP.

CLAP.

"Marvelous showing Mr. Wooding! It is apparent just how hungry you are for this position, any Kindred should count themselves lucky to find you as their Regent, Priscus, or Covenant leader. Your efforts here today are inspiring." Turning back to the audience Erich takes a small bow. "I thank you all for this opportunity this evening, and the attentive ear you have given me. I stand firm in my beliefs that a Regency should be developed to benefit all Members of the Domain and Invictus alike. I look forward to the day that you will all have the opportunity to truly know me, and reap the benefits that will come from the fruits of my labor. I pray that my efforts here this evening will remind everyone to embrace the new blood as it enters the city with welcoming arms." Finally, Erich looks directly to the Prince, offering him a deep respectful bow. "Your Grace, Alder Duke Clark, Prince of Sacramento, I trust your judgement implicitly as you decide how will be the final winner of the debates and Regent of Florin. I want to thank you for allowing me to take part in this contest, and I hope that I represented Myself, My Clan, and My Covenant well in your eyes."

With his remarks complete, he considers simply stepping away from the cage, but quickly decides that would be bad form. Rather he just returns to his podium, to give Chris his moment to speak. It is apparent to all though that the Shark is merely there physically so as not to tarnish his own image. His mind is elsewhere, perhaps pondering his next move.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

When Erich starts to clap in his hands, Chris almost laughs out loud. The man should become an actor, he would fit perfectly in any soap opera. Nevertheless, he doesn't do anything when the Daeva tries to save his own ass. Chris has done some bad things too in the past, so he's not one to kick someone already on the ground.

Though on a second thought... he spent quite some time in torpor too.

As his opponent says his goodbye words, the Hierophant smiles politely. He is not in the mood to be too happy about this. There is still one more round to go. Unless the Prince decides all winner get their own Regency. There are, after all, three free Domains left.

He doesn't show many emotions when Erich addresses the Prince directly. The Daeva should do what he thinks is best, but all Chris can think is: Well, that's awkward.

'Thank you Mr Passions, I truly hope it was inspiring.' The Mekhet still sounds sarcastic. 'After all you seemed quite eager to win this debate, only until moments ago.'

He thought that after answering the questions, there would be a final round to say things, a closing statement. But now Erich has already stepped back, Chris doesn't feel the need to repeat himself again. He nods to the audience, then again to Erika Brady.

'I look forward to the next round.'

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

There's an icy set to Erika's features as she watches Erich; whatever he's hoped to accomplish, he can be sure that he's annoyed more than a single Shadow.

Turning towards the Prince, she gives a polite bow.

"Your Majesty, have you determined who should advance? Whether it is Priscus of the Mekhet and Hierophant of the Circle of the Crone, Chris Wooding, or...," Erika paused, as if struggling to remember.

Somehow, the pause seemed to emphasize that nothing preceded Passion's name as Wooding's titles had preceded his.

"...Erich Passions?"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread