Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Back in Business

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    C
    Cross

Tony looked sidelong for a brief moment at the third man with them who went in after Tom opened the door. He nodded to Lynx politely and stepped in behind him into the office. "Good morning, sir," he said to the SAC. The meeting was small, which was good as far as he was concerned.

He remained standing, not presuming to sit uninvited in SAC Johnson's office.

Tom holds the door for the other two agents, and is thus the last to enter the office, and the last to greet their boss. "Good morning, Sir," he echoes and moves inside to stand behind the chair on his own left. He takes his cue from the other two agents and doesn't move to sit until asked.

I
    Irina

In answer to Jaeger's question, SAC Johnson gestured to the three chairs to indicate that the agents could be seated. They had been set out for them, but it was a mark of politeness that they waited. While their boss might not have commented upon propriety, he did notice the little things as well as the big things.

While he waited for them to sit down, his let his careful gaze slide across them, assessing and critiquing. It was necessary, particularly in their line of work. Those found wanting had a tendency to die in the field.

"Agent Harrison, Agent Girardi," the SAC began, addressing the newest men first and foremost. "Have you had the chance to speak to Agent Jaeger yet?" he gestured to the more senior agent.

Shit, thought Jaeger to himself. I probably should have introduced myself to these guys before a meeting like this. Damn antisocial tendencies... Really Jaeger regarded most of the staff in the building as a sort of backdrop. He never really regarded himself as a senior agent, always sort of tagging along behind Derevko when he was here. Guess now was good a time as any to change those habits.

Since the question hadn't been addressed to him Jaeger remained dutifully silent.

Harrison shakes his head, "Not yet, Sir, only just got settled in and haven't had a lot of time to get to know many people in the office yet." He turns and gives the other Agent a smile and offers a hand. "Agent Tom Harrison," he says by way of obvious self-introduction.

C
    Cross

Girardi shakes his head once, allowing his friend the chance to introduce himself. "No, sir." Once Tom finishes, the Italian Agent offers Jaeger a shake. "Tony Girardi," he said with a flash of a pleasant smile.

Sort of put on the spot, Jaeger resigned himself to the hasty introductions, scratching his head with his left and accepting each of the agents' handshakes with an awkward smile. "Ah, hi. Nice to meet you, Agent Harrison, Agent Girardi. Good to have you aboard." Nice, this isn't a social, then why am I acting so nervous, thought Jaeger as he straightened back up to face the SAC. He was sure Johnson wouldn't have called them in just to greet each other.

I
    Irina

SAC Johnson watched as the hurried introductions took place, appearing neither impatient or otherwise that they were occurring in his office at the start of a meeting. Once his agents had gone through the initial niceties though, he nodded and steepled his fingers together and studied them over his knuckles.

"Now that you're without a partner, Agent Jaeger you find yourself in the unique position of putting Agents Harrison and Girardi through their paces. What's your progress with the Folsolm Lake case?"

"Sir," answered Jaeger with sharp discipline now that they had something substantial to talk about. "The Folsolm Lake case remains open. My initial report catalogues the extent of the damage to the area and the more extreme locations of contamination. I was unable to secure a witness to the actual dumping. There was one testimony where a man resembling a homeless person was seen wandering around the area at night but that doesn't really check out. Local law enforcement have given us their findings but I've yet to go over the lab reports pertaining to the ground and water samples."

Through their paces? though Jaeger, reflecting on the SAC's words. Does that mean I'm in charge of them? Would they be assigned to the Folsolm Lake case?

C
    Cross

Tony looked interested - any case was better than sitting around in the office doing scutwork. He looked over at Tom briefly, then back to Jaeger as he spoke on the case. A missing witness was interesting to him. He was decent at questioning witnesses, if they could find their guy.

He remained quiet, though. It wasn't yet the time for questions.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.