Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Hospital) Beat the Press

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    D
    Daysha Jackson

“That’d be great Jaeger.” The Detective said with a quick nod after mentioning contacting her with any leads.

Daysha wasn’t a feeble woman…like at all. She could hold her own and probably far better than some men. Though he probably meant well and didn’t really think of it. “Actually thanks, but I forgot to drop off something with Derevko.” Like my two cents.

Backing a little toward the ‘retired’ Agent’s room. “Good to see you again Jaeger. I’ll see you around or maybe here from you again soon.” But before she went back in, she stayed in the hall to check her phone. The one with never ending messages from the department.

"Yeah, take care," he said, not bothering to read into the excuse to return to Derevko's room. The agent hit the button on the elevator and took it to the exit.

She seems like a good friend for Derevko to have.

Jaeger exits the scene

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha slipped her phone back into her jacket. Countered and headed back into Derevko’s room. She’d been watching to see no one else had went in as of yet.

Opening the door without knocking, because this time ‘round she didn’t really think there was a need. Then again, sometimes she just liked to be abrupt. Closing the door and turning the lock she quickly chimed before Derevko freaked. “Don’t worry, it’s Jackson.”

The Detective didn’t even look at the state the ‘retired’ Agent had been in right now. But, time was of the essence, and there were just a few too many peculiar things that she couldn’t let slip by before he checked out of the hospital and possibly took off out of town. Well, at least this was Daysha’s reasoning.

Taking her badge out of her pocket, she put it on the side table of the room before turning to the slightly withered man. To anyone, it may have looked like something normal. But Daysha didn’t let that emblem out of her sight when she wasn’t at home. For her it meant she wasn’t a cop or detective while that wasn’t with her. Hopefully by now, that was something Derevko figured out. “I think we need to have a real chat about this, just you and me.” There was a pause before Daysha added. "Without any save-face, tell-me-what-I-want-to-hear bullshit." There was nothing to suggest she was mad, nor any other angered emotion. However, there may have been a hint she heard something between what he said earlier.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko glanced up as the door opened, but this was a fucking hospital. The staff moved in and out all the time, and most of it didn't involve knocking. Plus, what exactly was he gonna do, jump out of bed and punch them all in the face? That was a nice thought, but he also knew it wasn't fucking happening.

"Oh no. You almost caught me fucking the nurse. Gasp," Derevko drawled, folding over his newspaper again. He shrugged his shoulders, the wasted slenderness looking odd. He'd always been a well-built man, extremely fit and athletic.

Then Daysha put her badge down and shit got serious.

"Real chat, huh? What, you're thinking I'm delivering a line of bullshit to the cops? I know it sounds pretty fucking weird, Jackson, but I was kidnapped by a bunch of people obsessed with demons who kept me chained down for a few months. That is literally what happened."

D
    Daysha Jackson

She rolled her eyes at his sarcasm. “Some shit never changes huh.” Daysha sat down in the guest chair in the room. It felt sterile as she sat in it, typical of fucking hospitals.

“So, what if I said I believe you.” The detective paused and crossed her legs looking at Derevko. There was not a drop of sarcasm on her face. She was serious. “Or that I believe there’s more to this than you’re telling me.”

Oh this is going to be fucking difficult, isn’t it.

Daysha rested her hands on her lap and shrugged. “Unless you don’t think we should have this conversation here.” I’m willing to be money he snaps at me that I’m talking out of my ass.

Oh wait, he's done that many times.... Derevko had been a stubborn Lieutenant. There were times he'd actually given her nudges dig deeper into an investigation. For some reason, mentioning Demon enough times felt like a nudge.

K
    Kazakin

"You've never caught me having sex with anything, I got no idea what you're talking about,"Derevko ground out, and gave a slight shrug. The joke was stale now, and he was kind of wishing this wasn't going on. However, at least it was Jackson. If Jaeger was grilling him as well, that would have been worse.

He could feel the fire buzzing in his fingertips, his gut. When he breathed in, he could taste sulphur.

"Why would you not believe me? It's pretty obvious I got kidnapped. I wouldn't do this shit to myself," the scarred ex-cop said, gesturing to his body. "There ain't much else to tell you, Jackson, unless you want a blow by blow of days tied to a bed. A lot of it's tedium, and... yeah... Cultists, whatever you wanna call 'em."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Trying not to grimace, Daysha blinked a couple times. Great, that’s as bad as thinking about my parents screwing.

And right there, Daysha facepalmed. “Cultists….” The Detective sighed. “Yeah, I remember when I use to call stuff by the regular textbook shit.” She was becoming a little frustrated. Then again, this could have been a typical exchange between the two of them.

“So why were they going on about demons?” There had to be a question that would get him not to reply with sarcasm. “And no, I don’t need a play by play of what happened. Unless it will get shit off your chest about the situation.”

K
    Kazakin

Derevko shrugged at the response. Textbook? Nothing was textbook about it. He couldn't remember any textbook where some randomly thousands of years old woman kidnapped a random guy and turned out to know everything about him. Well, fuck, nothing was normal anymore anyway.

"They're a mob of people who believe in crazy shit. Cultist is probably a good word for it,"the Lucifuge Agent said, before shrugging against. "I don't know what makes someone believe in demons. Deep-seated psychological need to see an existential other as their one adversary rather than acknowledging that a lot of things in people's lives are outwith their control? I don't think their psychological problems are really anythin' I'm fucking qualified to comment on."

D
    Daysha Jackson

Throwing a hand up in the air, because apparently saying ‘I believe you’ wasn’t enough earlier. “Well, I believe in crazy shit.” Daysha said matter of factly.

Recalling many times in the Spiral before she just avoided upstairs altogether. “Ya know, that stuff you’ve over heard when someone blurts out vampires, werewolves, slugs and whatever.”

Flicking a finger as if pointing from one column to another. “So now are you willing to stuff me into that category of ‘deep-seated psychological need to see blah blah’ whatever the hell you think of quote those people?”

Shaking her head, getting pretty irritated she mumbled. “Well, I was apparently wrong in thinking you had an open mind.”

Stubborn, so stubborn. Then again, that’s probably what saved him or helped him with whatever-the-fuck-he’s-not-really-telling-me.

Sighing and rolling her eyes. “God, you’re worse than my mother.” And for anyone who knew Daysha, Doug or encountered Debbie Jackson that was probably below the belt.

K
    Kazakin

"Jackson, slow down. You're talking like they offered me some massive incontrovertible proof, like dragging my ass to see Satan or something. They didn't. So you can stop pretending they took me to see a bunch of demons raping the American Dream on the White House lawn. You wanna believe I did, that don't make it true. I didn't see any demons,"Derevko ground out as she went off on one. Great, like he needed more shit right now than having to deal with someone who was hysterical, because he pointed out that most cults were lying pieces of shit. Well, they fucking were. He'd been around long enough to know that no supernatural influence was needed for humans to dick each other over.

"I didn't say jack shit about you, or your beliefs. I said this lot were some cult or whatever, and that they believed in demons, and that most people who do are sad, delusional headcases. None of those things has shit to do with you, and none of those things is untrue. You wanna quit throwing your toys out the pram and jumping to conclusions? 'Cause the one you just cleared was about sixty fucking feet off the floor. You know a damn sight better, unless you've forgotten how to be a cop."

He could taste sulphur in his throat, and how fucking easy it would have been to burn the over-reaction right off her face. Oh, and then she decided to swing below the belt? He'd gone through Hell, and she decided that he was ratting on her?

"An' if you're expecting me to open up about one of the officially shittiest experiences of my life to you after that swing, you can go fuck yourself, and your Goddamn mother. I ain't ever done anything but back you up. I took a fucking fall for you over those urns, and you got the fucking nerve to think that I'm taking potshots at you?! I don't know what the fuck you're angling for, but if it was acting like a fucking idiot and pissing me off, congrats. You don't get a special pass for carryin' a candle."

He could feel it behind his eyes, and he screwed them shut, rubbing his temple. The old scar tissue beneath his fingers was almost reassuring, if it hadn't been burning hot.

Just what I needed. A fucking hysterical Hunter on my doorstep.

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.